Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 5, 2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wasserkool
Radeon R100

wasserkool is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down Can someone please save me from Fallout 3 Apocalyptia - lost all save games :(

I just finished rescuing all the little children from the slavers when the game crashed. Upon resuming the game, I lost all of my save games and all of my auto saves starts from the very beginning

Can someone please send me their save games to my e-mail at jayniu at hotmail.com?
wasserkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 07:35 PM   #2
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

This might be a bit difficult with this type of game. Other people could have taken a completely route with their charachter, completed tons of other sidequests, nearly completed the main story, etc before they did that part.

I'm not sure where that is, but you might miss out on a lot of other things if you take someone else's save. Unless you only care about the main story I guess.

Anyway, good luck with it. You've reminded me to back up my current saves, thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2009, 07:46 PM   #3
Canesfan2020
Radeon Southern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Do you use Live?

Something like this happened to me once. My saves were still there.. it was just no longer logging into live automatically and therefore using the wrong folder for save games.
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:03 PM   #4
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
Do you use Live?

Something like this happened to me once. My saves were still there.. it was just no longer logging into live automatically and therefore using the wrong folder for save games.
This.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:06 PM   #5
Arc_Angel
We'll meet again someday.

Arc_Angel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArc_Angel can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
Do you use Live?

This is why I and probably most of us here hate GFWL!
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
  • eVGA SuperNova 850 B2
  • eVGA RTX 2080 Super FTW
  • SB AE-9 + Denon S750H receiver + Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1 speakers
  • WD SN750 1TB, 2X 2TB WD Black + 2X 2TB WD Blue
  • Corsair Commander Pro
  • Antec P182 case
  • Intel i5 4590 w/ Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Turbo + 120mm Panaflo Ultra fan (push), Scythe S-Flex G fan (pull)
  • 4x4GB CORSAIR Vengeance Blue
  • Gigabyte Z87X-D3H Rev.1
  • eVGA SuperNova 850 B2
  • eVGA GTX 980Ti
  • SB X-Fi Platinum
  • Pioneer DVR111D modded to DVR-111L
  • 3x WD3200AAKS, WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • Scythe KAZE MASTER 5.25 Fan Controller Black
  • Antec P182 case
  • Intel Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w/ 120mm Panaflo Ultra fan (push), Scythe S-Flex G fan (pull)
  • OCZ 4x2GB PC6400 Platinum @ 5-4-4-15 2.02V
  • Gigabyte EP45-DS3R
  • PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750w Crossfire
  • eVGA GTX 280 SC
  • Audigy2 ZS Platinum
  • Pioneer DVR111D modded to DVR-111L
  • 3x WD3200AAKS, , WD Blue 500GB SSD
  • Scythe KAZE MASTER 5.25 Fan Controller Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
I guess it works better if it's plugged all the ****ing way in.
Arc_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 09:13 PM   #6
wasserkool
Radeon R100

wasserkool is still being judged by the masses

no i don't use live..so I am stuch from starting the missions all over again?
wasserkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2009, 10:08 PM   #7
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

How can you even use someone else's RPG saves? You and him/her probably chose different paths, killed different people, carried a different inventory, ...

If it was me, I would wait a few months in order to "forget" what I have already played, and then just start a new game with a totally different character.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2009, 12:18 AM   #8
Qb2k5
Alienware Certified

Qb2k5 is still being judged by the masses

If your running vista try using the previous version tool.
Qb2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Mickey Padge
Radeon R700

Mickey Padge is still being judged by the masses

Yep, using Microsoft system restore to rollback *might* help you here....
Old Jan 6, 2009, 07:49 PM   #10
Guybo
Anonymous Proletariat

Guybo is still being judged by the masses

if you cannot get your savegame back, don't get someone else's because it's and RPG and it'll be very different for you. Put the game down for a while and reset your brain and start from scratch at a later date.

Also- DO NOT read threads in forums about the game, do not visit reviews sites or anything else on the game! I had this exact thing happen to me with NWN1 when I was trying to play through the OC. I stumbled upon a thread at a site that I thought would help make the game more stable and some moron posted a BIG OLD SPOILER right in the thread with no spoiler warning or anything I never did play through the OC after that.
Guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2009, 09:28 PM   #11
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybo View Post
if you cannot get your savegame back, don't get someone else's because it's and RPG and it'll be very different for you. Put the game down for a while and reset your brain and start from scratch at a later date.

Also- DO NOT read threads in forums about the game, do not visit reviews sites or anything else on the game! I had this exact thing happen to me with NWN1 when I was trying to play through the OC. I stumbled upon a thread at a site that I thought would help make the game more stable and some moron posted a BIG OLD SPOILER right in the thread with no spoiler warning or anything I never did play through the OC after that.
That's why I stopped visiting the Fallout 3 thread here. It's just spoiler after spoiler, got tired of it. I'm not going back until the game is 100% done.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:50 PM   #12
Jerm357
Rage3D Veteran

Jerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird singsJerm357 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That's why I stopped visiting the Fallout 3 thread here. It's just spoiler after spoiler, got tired of it. I'm not going back until the game is 100% done.
+1, You cant read that thread at all untill your done if you want to be surprised in the game. They realy need to add a spoiler tag to the thread title, but I guess it is a discussion thread so what else would they have to discuss.

Last edited by Jerm357 : Jan 6, 2009 at 10:55 PM.
Jerm357 is offline   Reply With Quote