Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:02 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I followed some YT bloke and got 4 bars of gold and upgraded the camp fully, seems like a useful thing to do early on. Took a while to get to the locations and back but worth it in the end.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 09:31 PM   #212
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I've been meaning to play this on my PS4 Pro, but I've been hearing it suffers from blurry textures @4K (upscaling). Is this true? Will buying an Xbox One X just for this game be incredibly stupid?
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:21 PM   #213
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
So I've been meaning to play this on my PS4 Pro, but I've been hearing it suffers from blurry textures @4K (upscaling). Is this true? Will buying an Xbox One X just for this game be incredibly stupid?
i have it on the ps4 pro and the xb1x - definitely looks and runs better on the xb1x. no i didn't buy it twice, but had the xb1 version purchased for me as a gift.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 6, 2018, 07:49 AM   #214
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Depends on how much of a graphics snob you are. I think the game looks stunning on my PS4 Pro, but I've never been one to agonize over graphical details. I haven't noticed any glaring problems playing on my 4k TV.

Of course it looks better on the OneX, it has more horsepower...but if you already have the Pro, just buy the game and stop worrying
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2018, 07:54 AM   #215
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think it looks great on a regular PS4 too, unless you get up close. From normal playing distance on my 65" TV it looks great.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2018, 07:42 PM   #216
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This thread isn't doing the best job selling this game. For a game that has received 10/10 from hype sites, you guys seem a little luke warm about the thing. I may wait a few months until a few patches and discounts appear.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2018, 01:37 AM   #217
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have only played it twice since release. Once spent 4 hours and another time 3 hours. I think I will pick it up once I am done with Ass Creed.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2018, 08:23 AM   #218
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
This thread isn't doing the best job selling this game. For a game that has received 10/10 from hype sites, you guys seem a little luke warm about the thing. I may wait a few months until a few patches and discounts appear.
I think it earned the 10/10, it's a fantastic game. I don't have enough time to sink into it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2018, 08:50 AM   #219
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Same. Not really sure what anyone has been complaining about in this thread, the bounty system is fine if you don't loot them, I haven't gotten dinged again since I stopped doing that.

Graphics are great and anyone who says otherwise needs to stop being a snob. I don't even know what anyone in this thread has said that would make it appear like we're not sold on the game.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:28 AM   #220
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I think it earned the 10/10, it's a fantastic game. I don't have enough time to sink into it.
I agree, the world they've created is fantastic. The story is compelling, and the characters are very well acted. But...it is a slow burn of a game, you need to be in the right mindset when playing it.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2018, 04:49 PM   #221
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
I agree, the world they've created is fantastic. The story is compelling, and the characters are very well acted. But...it is a slow burn of a game, you need to be in the right mindset when playing it.
I think of it this way. I am not always on the mood to run around and shoot things. Sometimes i just like lying back and exploring and this game is perfect in doing that. Only problem is, my bounty in New Hanover is now $220 so sometimes when i go back, i have to dodge bounty hunters
Old Nov 7, 2018, 05:59 PM   #222
ice
Rage3D Spammer

What the hell, just got in a fight with a guy and like usual knocked him out or killed him... I turned around and he was limping away. He went from being on the ground to hobbling away, had the option of looting and everything. Never had that happen.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 06:10 PM   #223
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Zombie mod
Old Nov 7, 2018, 08:04 PM   #224
ice
Rage3D Spammer

That's how it should be every time... killing someone every time you get in a fist fight is stupid.

Of course I chased him down and he tried to have a go at me again and I sent him to the grave with an uppercut, but still.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 09:14 PM   #225
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

In a story mission thing I had a kid take my satchel with my stuff and my money then taunt me as I chased him on foot through the streets. I've never wanted to have unload both barrels on a child so much in a game before. Afterwards, I couldn't find the kid to kill him. He's still out there, lurking... I will murder this child. So help me God.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2018, 09:43 PM   #226
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It's 9+ range. It's probably the best virtual world ever created and has a fantastic story and characters, but it's definitely not the same kind of fun as a GTA game. To me this game is more about just getting lost for hours in the immersion rather than having instant gratification and fun. I can definitely see how some people will find the game too slow for their liking though. If you want a beautiful immersive world and are a fan of great slow burn westerns then you'll love this game.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 01:33 AM   #227
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Just remember that the internet is only for insults and hate for stuff, praise is very few and far between so I suggest you look for how much hate there is for the game, if not much then it’s a winner.

It’s defo a time sponge, wish I could spend more time on it.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 03:40 AM   #228
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Game is actually tight. Just requires so much time that I will revisit after I finish some of the faster games.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2018, 08:42 AM   #229
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

It definitely is not a quick game, but... the bits I have played before turning in for the night, seem to really relax me. Running around the forest, hunting animals, etc. is all fun... it just isn't for everyone. This isn't CoD, GTA, Doom, or anything else. This is a game that you role play in...

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2018, 07:08 PM   #230
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay20016 View Post
It definitely is not a quick game, but... the bits I have played before turning in for the night, seem to really relax me. Running around the forest, hunting animals, etc. is all fun... it just isn't for everyone. This isn't CoD, GTA, Doom, or anything else. This is a game that you role play in...
Exactly what I love about the game. So far this may be the best game that I've ever played. I'm so glad that I didn't wait for the PC version. Looks great and runs well on the pro. My only gripe is the shitty hdr implementation. I actually leave it off it's so bad.

I'll buy it again for the PC with no regrets.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2018, 07:15 PM   #231
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

First game that has caused my X1X to shutdown because of heat twice tonight. Had to move it, I know it was in an enclosed space and it did seem to run hot in there, The front of the space is open and it really isn't that cramped but I guess they are right as it doesn't run nearly as hot in full open air. Had it there for about a year now without issue.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:22 PM   #232
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
First game that has caused my X1X to shutdown because of heat twice tonight. Had to move it, I know it was in an enclosed space and it did seem to run hot in there, The front of the space is open and it really isn't that cramped but I guess they are right as it doesn't run nearly as hot in full open air. Had it there for about a year now without issue.
strange - i've logged 5 hours+ on numerous occasions on the x1x without any shutdowns. i'd keep an eye on that box.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 04:22 AM   #233
Nascar24

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
strange - i've logged 5 hours+ on numerous occasions on the x1x without any shutdowns. i'd keep an eye on that box.
Was surprised as well but when you power it back up it actually tells you what happened, it was really hot when feeling the case in that area, after I removed it from the partially enclosed area it’s much cooler to the touch. I’m pretty sure that was the issue. Did find it strange though I had it there for this long and it had never shutdown.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 06:11 PM   #234
Nascar24

I'm just slowly burning through the story, just hit Chapter 3, not really doing a whole lot of the side stuff as far as crafting/guns/hunting.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 06:20 PM   #235
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Was surprised as well but when you power it back up it actually tells you what happened, it was really hot when feeling the case in that area, after I removed it from the partially enclosed area it’s much cooler to the touch. I’m pretty sure that was the issue. Did find it strange though I had it there for this long and it had never shutdown.
Awesome . Mine sits out in the open so that would make perfect sense.

Quote:
Old Nov 11, 2018, 06:56 PM   #236
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

A little dusty, but stylish as ****.

Old Nov 13, 2018, 06:39 PM   #237
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2018, 06:43 PM   #238
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Cue Dead or Alive music

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2018, 05:34 AM   #239
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Strong GOTY contender for me. GoW vs RDR2 atm.
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2018, 07:22 AM   #240
ice
Rage3D Spammer

I spent about an hour and a half looking for that damn horse up in the mountains. I don't think it was spawning, I was searching that whole area non top. Arthur wasn't very pleased, especially since I didn't have any Winter clothes on my horse like I thought I did and I made him walk the entire path on foot.

Finally found it though.

360 games

Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.