Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:18 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Oh, do we mean using it as a secondary device as like a map only or inventory only screen while playing on a TV?

I dont really see that as an issue for me personally. I guess that could limit the game experience a bit but really it was more of a gimmick thing.
The Wind Waker HD version for the Wii U uses the gamepad screen for extra features like viewing and using inventory while playing and it is really cool. Saves time of normally having to switch through menus when you want to select and equip an item by just using the touchscreen while playing.

I was kind of looking forward to this sort of thing for Breath of the Wild on Wii U but I guess its not essential or anything so its not really a game breaker if its not there. Still holding out hope though!
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 06:15 PM   #122
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Yea I think for Zelda the second screen works well. But thanks to the need for Nintendo to sell new consoles we cant have the WiiU show you what the Switch doesn't have.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 07:54 PM   #123
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Yea I think for Zelda the second screen works well. But thanks to the need for Nintendo to sell new consoles we cant have the WiiU show you what the Switch doesn't have.
Not trying to be a Nintendo apologist but we should consider ourselves lucky we're even still getting a Wii U version at all.

It would have served Nintendo's best interests much more to have canned the Wii U version and make it exclusive to the Switch. Think of all the people buying it on Wii U. Those $60 sales would have been converted to $300 Switch sales.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 1, 2017, 08:30 PM   #124
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Touch screen inventory in WW HD was really nice, although I found I still really needed to pause the game to use it if in battle.

Granted, inventory in Skyward Sword worked fine and I think would be even easier with a thumbstick than Wiimote IR, so it's no big deal.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 09:19 AM   #125
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Is anyone here planning on using the switch to connect to their TV? I personally probably wont do it but once just to see if its any different than using the controller. After that its going to be a pure handheld device(for use in the house, too big to go anywhere)

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:02 AM   #126
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I am, games will look better if it's docked.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:23 AM   #127
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Unless the frames take a hit I doubt most people will be able to notice the downgrade in resolution and a few effects here and there when playing on the controller.

Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:33 AM   #128
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I will for the few games, pokemon, bomberman etc but 80% of my playing will be in handheld.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 10:51 AM   #129
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I am, games will look better if it's docked.
Visually I am betting the difference will be hardly noticeable, but what will be noticeable is if the reports I'm hearing are true that some games run smoother (better framerate) while playing in the handheld mode since the 720 res is less demanding.

Personally, if/when I get the Switch I will mostly be playing with it docked. I don't generally game on handhelds. I just like to be on the couch isolated in my game room when playing. We'll see though, the Switch could be a game changer in this regard for me.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:02 AM   #130
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There are so many conflicting reports about how things run on the thing, some sites said zelda ran better on the wii u, others said the switch was much smoother.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:22 AM   #131
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
There are so many conflicting reports about how things run on the thing, some sites said zelda ran better on the wii u, others said the switch was much smoother.
Where the hell did you read this so I know to avoid that site
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2017, 11:49 AM   #132
Nascar24

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

I wouldn't be surprised if it runs nicely on the WiiU as it was developed from the start on the WiiU, The switch version is just a port.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 12:42 PM   #133
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Also, the Switch version may have some added graphics features enabled that the Wii U version doesn't.

Perhaps it could bog down the Switch version in some situations, for example when high quality grass effects are present.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 09:41 PM   #134
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Also, the Switch version may have some added graphics features enabled that the Wii U version doesn't.

Perhaps it could bog down the Switch version in some situations, for example when high quality grass effects are present.
According to Nintendo the only differences are 720p Wii U to 1080p Switch (Docked) and HD Atmospheric Sounds...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old Feb 3, 2017, 09:28 AM   #135
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Where the hell did you read this so I know to avoid that site
That would most likely be Neogaf. Avoid the garbage at all costs.

Old Feb 3, 2017, 09:31 AM   #136
Mangler
PC

No, it was gamespot.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 09:37 AM   #137
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Monitor

Of course TV mode will be smoother in practice, given how many have frame interpolation enabled which the device itself won't be able to leverage. Not better though
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:27 AM   #138
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
According to Nintendo the only differences are 720p Wii U to 1080p Switch (Docked) and HD Atmospheric Sounds...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Only 900P for Switch docked.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:17 AM   #139
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Only 900P for Switch docked.
Adding a link to support what you said:

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...ath-wild-1080p

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:36 PM   #140
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Adding a link to support what you said:

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/2...ath-wild-1080p
Honestly I think nintendo is a mess and has a ton of problems moving forward, but Zelda's rendering resolution isn't one of them.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2017, 12:43 PM   #141
Cyko
Rusty Pirate

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Honestly I think nintendo is a mess and has a ton of problems moving forward, but Zelda's rendering resolution isn't one of them.
Agreed. I think the game will look and play great either way.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2017, 07:42 PM   #142
Nascar24

I believe the game is going to play and look just as well on the WiiU and probably why we haven't seen much if any game play from it.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:52 AM   #143
Nascar24

Confirmed, season pass for the linkster!

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/14/the...e-season-pass/
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:10 AM   #144
logical
What is my purpose?

Nintendo is ready to get that money. I will purchase after seeing what the dungeon consists of. So that wont be til holiday season.

Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:15 AM   #145
Nascar24

Bleh, The last one falls on the money grab season passes.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:27 AM   #146
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

At least its not a day 1 DLC. I don't really have a problem with it as long as it wasn't cut from the original game to be sold as DLC at release. Since its being released later on seems its not the case.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:38 AM   #147
Nascar24

I take that back they did it with Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU as well.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 01:20 PM   #148
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I take that back they did it with Mario Kart 8 on the WiiU as well.
I was happy with the Mario Kart DLC stuff. 'Good combination of new maps, characters, and items.

To me, new maps is the big differentiator between worthwhile DLC and garbage. I'd never pay extra for an extra character, but I'm happy to pay for new maps.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2017, 01:44 PM   #149
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Mario kart. 8 season pass was really good value.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:32 AM   #150
Mangler
PC

I guess the wii u pirates must be pretty happy now if the rumors about someone putting up the wii u iso online are true.