Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jan 17, 2017, 05:36 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I've got the 32GB Wii U so I'm all set.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2017, 05:46 PM   #92
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

I just bought a 128GB USB stick and plugged it into the back of my WiiU over a year ago.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2017, 05:43 AM   #93
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
That would be true if the Wii U did use Blu-Ray but rather than DVD.
Yeah, they're not DVD. They're modified versions of blu-ray disks that are different enough they don't have to pay a license.

Plus I should have elaborated on my prior post all blu-ray read speed still suck compared to hard drives, that's why consoles install games. However with cartridges the loading is a lot faster.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 18, 2017, 05:56 PM   #94
Nascar24

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Sounds pretty much like an almost identical title from WiiU to switch.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/18/how...ch-than-wii-u/
Old Jan 18, 2017, 09:32 PM   #95
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Sounds pretty much like an almost identical title from WiiU to switch.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/18/how...ch-than-wii-u/
I can live with the Wii U version.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 06:15 AM   #96
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Loading times are drastically different as well, with the Switch of course being much faster. It's also possible and has been speculated by several gaming outlets that "30 FPS" isn't 30 FPS, if you know what I mean, especially on Wii U.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2017, 06:47 AM   #97
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
Loading times are drastically different as well, with the Switch of course being much faster. It's also possible and has been speculated by several gaming outlets that "30 FPS" isn't 30 FPS, if you know what I mean, especially on Wii U.
I haven't seen this confirmed anywhere other then on an old build which I thought was a ridiculous comparison anyways. You get a certain amount I believe installed on the WiiU which I believe alleviates the loading times and we will have to see about the frame rate thing when the release build is out. I wouldn't doubt that it dips a few frames.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 07:59 AM   #98
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2017, 08:43 AM   #99
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Obviously a disc based console will have longer loading times than a cartridge/card type.

Since the game is open world though, I'm assuming there won't be many loading screens popping up during play.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 09:00 AM   #100
Nascar24

Quote:
Once again old WiiU build footage, I'm not doubting it may be slower but would not be surprised if it wasn't either as it does do a 3GB load on the WiiU console as well.
I find it strange we are seeing no WiiU footage, my guess is because you wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference and Nintendo is trying to sell new consoles.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 07:27 AM   #101
Nascar24

No surprise but Zelda will be the last Nintendo WiiU release for the console. That's OK with me, I have hundreds of hours of games I am not even close to finishing on my WiiU, While yes they didn't have much 3rd party support I believe I have 15 or so Triple AAA games to finish on it yet.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 09:21 AM   #102
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

If it weren't for Splatoon 2, I'd just get the Wii U version of this game and wait for Switch bundles in December.

As a parent of toddlers I can barely fit much gaming time in. On top of that, I share a TV with my wife. So in this case, the portability will be nice, because this is a time-consuming game by the looks of it.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2017, 06:34 PM   #103
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
If it weren't for Splatoon 2, I'd just get the Wii U version of this game and wait for Switch bundles in December.

As a parent of toddlers I can barely fit much gaming time in. On top of that, I share a TV with my wife. So in this case, the portability will be nice, because this is a time-consuming game by the looks of it.
Keep your Cell phone handy, it maybe needed for matchmaking!
Old Jan 20, 2017, 09:18 PM   #104
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
30fps. Dreams dashed.
With frame dips as well at a measly 900p? That's pretty damn disappointing :/
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2017, 08:53 AM   #105
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Keep your Cell phone handy, it maybe needed for matchmaking!

Oh, Nintendo.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:14 PM   #106
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Mario Kart 8 Wii-U was 60fps but it was proven to be some unsustainable version of 60fps with "obvious" frame drops here and there.......

I'm guessing this 30FPS is going to be just as game breaking as the 60fps was in Mario Kart 8.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2017, 03:57 AM   #107
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Not sure what Mario kart you played its pretty much solid 60 with occasional 1 frame rate drop you don't even notice.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2017, 07:22 AM   #108
Nascar24

Never noticed any issues with frame rate with Mario Kart 8.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:56 PM   #109
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

Not sure what Mario kart you played its pretty much solid 60 with occasional 1 frame rate drop you don't even notice.
oh I was being sarcastic about it, that was the video I saw lol.
Its like OMG 1 fps drop its not 60fps fail Nintendo fail!!!1

It makes my eyes roll whenever I see these in depth tech discussions on '60fps isn't real because it drops a frame'
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2017, 03:09 PM   #110
Nascar24

Once again haven't seen much on the WiiU version of this game and the extra functionality it could have on the WiiU with the second screen on the controller. I'm going to bet that Nintendo gimped it and made it only off screen play since the switch can not do what the WiiU can do in this regard.

Edit: So I see it sounds like Nintendo gimped the WiiU version as to not upstage the switch in things it can't do that the WiiU can, nice move Nintendo, jackasses

Last edited by Nascar24 : Jan 31, 2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:03 AM   #111
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

What can the WiiU do that the switch cant?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:06 AM   #112
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Display the inventory on the gamepad.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:36 AM   #113
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah that would be really sad if Nintendo removed gamepad screen specific features from the Wii U version.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:40 AM   #114
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Is there an example of this? Why cant it be displayed on the screen the same way as WiiU?

Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:41 AM   #115
Nascar24

They also said I believe when they demoed it at E3 when it was only for the WiiU you could also put the map on the WiiU controller screen. No more from what little I could find on the matter on the internet, but nothing official since they are not talking at all about the WiiU version.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:41 AM   #116
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Because the switch is sitting in a dock that is blocking the screen when you have it plugged into a tv.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:43 AM   #117
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Is there an example of this? Why cant it be displayed on the screen the same way as WiiU?
Because the switch is either or, You play it on the TV screen or you play it in handheld mode. You can not do both like the WiiU. The switch has to be plugged into the base to have the TV mode work.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:44 AM   #118
logical
What is my purpose?

Oh, do we mean using it as a secondary device as like a map only or inventory only screen while playing on a TV?

I dont really see that as an issue for me personally. I guess that could limit the game experience a bit but really it was more of a gimmick thing.

Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:47 AM   #119
Nascar24

I think for inventory control it would be nice. Who knows what else they would have done with it honestly. From what I found Nintendo now believes you wouldn't want to look at the controller screen while playing it on the TV. The whole point of the WiiU design.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:50 AM   #120
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
I think for inventory control it would be nice. Who knows what else they would have done with it honestly.
Probably nothing major at all. You would have to force people to play on a TV and like you said thats counter intuitive to the main feature of WiiU and Switch. It was something, IMO, that they could add to a bullet point for a presentation on the system that would be cool in theory but not really practical or a game changer.