Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:29 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Enough.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:31 AM   #152
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash override View Post
Actually all policy/DRM related posts were redirected here by staff.

Your meme is a pathetic attempt to avoid showing how little knowledge you have.

What's that...don't like someone who treats you the way you treat others?

Too bad.

Sorry folks...taking out the trash.

Let's not let this spoil a proper discussion.
How is rubbernecking at this **** storm Microsoft brought down on themselves in any way supposed to be a personal attack against you? Like I said in my previous post, I find it BIZARRE how you are interpreting people's posts about MICROSOFT as personal attacks. Get help, man. Really.
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:35 AM   #153
crash override
Banned

crash override is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
How is rubbernecking at this **** storm Microsoft brought down on themselves in any way supposed to be a personal attack against you? Like I said in my previous post, I find it BIZARRE how you are interpreting people's posts about MICROSOFT as personal attacks. Get help, man. Really.

Rubbernecking is fine. I don't have a problem with that.

I'm saying that if you're going to say they could do both then you should really elaborate.

Saying they could do both without showing an understanding of the basics doesn't help anyone.

It just sits out there without meaning.

I'm writing this one more politely since you seem to be making an attempt at doing the same.

Also to say that you haven't made things personal on many occasions is disingenuous. Let us both be honest about that, ok?

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 01:37 AM.
crash override is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:36 AM   #154
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Where is my "Not this shite again" picture...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:37 AM   #155
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Think the right way to go about is offer the retail as people expect it, but make digital much more attractive.
Make digital purchases cheaper then retail, it´s already more convenient. (I dont see the point of "catering to retail" with digital pricing anymore as they basically went down a path that cut out much of the retailers revenue, prior to going back on it)
Heck if people are so fond of selling their games, they could set up some sort of "used games" market for the digital stuff aswell, where all the money go back to the people who made the game, and fronted the bill to do so.
If it makes the digital sales more attractive, why not?

But make it a more attractive choice, not the only choice, and then let people move over by their own accord.
So it sounds like they´re doing the right thing here by giving the consumer the choice.
Just make sure digital is the better option across the board, and people will move over and get used it.
As a long time steam users Im already very much in that digital world, retail hasnt been relevant in a long time for me.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:40 AM   #156
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle View Post
Think the right way to go about is offer the retail as people expect it, but make digital much more attractive.
Make digital purchases cheaper then retail, it´s already more convenient. (I dont see the point of "catering to retail" with digital pricing anymore as they basically went down a path that cut out much of the retailers revenue, prior to going back on it)
Heck if people are so fond of selling their games, they could set up some sort of "used games" market for the digital stuff aswell, where all the money go back to the people who made the game, and fronted the bill to do so.
If it makes the digital sales more attractive, why not?

But make it a more attractive choice, not the only choice, and then let people move over by their own accord.
So it sounds like they´re doing the right thing here by giving the consumer the choice.
Just make sure digital is the better option across the board, and people will move over and get used it.
As a long time steam users Im already very much in that digital world, retail hasnt been relevant in a long time for me.

If you do that you'll have people angry about disc based users being treated as second class citizens. It creates the perception that disc based users are inferior.

It is an even worse route from a perception standpoint.

I mean look at your 'catering to retail' point. If MS even stepped near that logic they would be called arrogant and condescending and out of touch.

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:42 AM   #157
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I AM very happy that i can buy used game on xbox one.

if not, i won't even consider buying it.

buit it hink they will make online key like on vita or pc.
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:45 AM   #158
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post

Nope. It will work just like 360 and EA already said that regardless online passes are dead...and they were the only ones pushing that.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:45 AM   #159
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post

PS3 also has online keys and so will PS4. Depends on the developer.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:47 AM   #160
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Nope. It will work just like 360 and EA already said that regardless online passes are dead...and they were the only ones pushing that.
Do you even have your information correct or do you just like to throw around stuff without any real knowledge?

Online passes on old EA games are dead only. EA will be the first one to re-introduce them. Publishers such as Sony, Microsoft, Warner Brothers, THQ, 2K Games etc are also pushing online passes.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:51 AM   #161
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:
If you do that you'll have people angry about disc based users being treated as second class citizens. It creates the perception that disc based users are inferior.

It is an even worse route from a perception standpoint.

I mean look at your 'catering to retail' point. If MS even stepped near that logic they would be called arrogant and condescending and out of touch.
did you even read jolle's post? he basically said digital prices should be cheaper than retail. which is obvious since you need a clear incentive for people to buy in. And I'm not talking vaporware features here, i'm talking something consumers understand first and foremost, a monetary $$$ incentive. by your logic there should be a huge stigma around users who still buy CD's, that they're second-class citizens all of a sudden. That's clearly not the case. There are advantages to owning a hard copy of an album vs a digital one. And those who spend the extra $6 on average to buy the hardcopy know what it's worth to them. And likewise those who buy digital know what they're losing by paying $6 less. Give consumers more credit.

Last edited by Ciera : Jun 20, 2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:52 AM   #162
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Do you even have your information correct or do you just like to throw around stuff without any real knowledge?

Online passes on old EA games are dead only. EA will be the first one to re-introduce them. Publishers such as Sony, Microsoft, Warner Brothers, THQ, 2K Games etc are also pushing online passes.
Proof?

The last statement EA made was that online pass was dead with no intentions to revive.

Also I want solid proof. After all you say i have no real knowledge so let's see yours.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:00 AM   #163
crash override
Banned

Red face

Quote:
did you even read jolle's post? he basically said digital prices should be cheaper than retail. which is obvious since you need a clear incentive for people to buy in. And I'm not talking vaporware features here, i'm talking something consumers understand first and foremost, a monetary $$$ incentive. by your logic there should be a huge stigma around users who still buy CD's, that they're second-class citizens all of a sudden. That's clearly not the case. There are advantages to owning a hard copy of an album vs a digital one. And those who spend the extra $6 on average to buy the hardcopy know what it's worth to them. And likewise those who buy digital know what they're losing by paying $6 less. Give consumers more credit.

Not an apt comparison at all. Digital audio as sold is far inferior in quality and the only benefit is that you save a couple minutes as opposed to having the disc and ripping it yourself.

If you're going to create a comparison you have to actually list things, not just act like they exist.

If you truly believe your comparison then point things out.

BTW you're using vaporware wrong. I'm not pointing that out to pick on you, but to let you know so you don't run into problems later.

Oh and I did read the post. Disc based users getting less features for a higher price is not a good thing.

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:03 AM   #164
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:07 AM   #165
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post

That was the best thing I read all day. Thank you. I needed that laugh.

I just wish this draft had gone out.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:09 AM   #166
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Proof?

The last statement EA made was that online pass was dead with no intentions to revive.

Also I want solid proof. After all you say i have no real knowledge so let's see yours.
First bring proof that EA were the only ones pushing online passes. I brought mine already.

Seriously, sometimes it is nice to just quit a forum and spare the residents the pain of reading incessant dribble.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:15 AM   #167
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Bolded for emphasis. Might this leave open the possibility for shared library being enabled at a later date?

Sony went in a different direction than Microsoft with respect to always-on requirements and used games, and the latter company didn't hear the end of it. We certainly weren't buying the explanations. But that's in the past, now. As of today, the Xbox One has shed most of the policies gamers took issue with. According to Microsoft's Marc Whitten, that's not all the console lost.

"One of the things we were very excited about was 'wherever we go my games are always with me,' the VP of Xbox Live told Kotaku. "Now, of course, your physical games won’t show up that way. The content you bought digitally will. But you’ll have to bring your discs with you to have your games with you. Similarly, the sharing library [is something] we won't be able to deliver at launch."

Speaking to Polygon, Whitten said users "have to be connected" for the cloud-based processing to work, as you'd expect. "All of the things that require the Internet will require the console to connect. We want and expect most people to take advantage of those things, but we also want to give people the choice that they can play offline."

The family sharing concept was one I liked, in theory, as was not needing to keep the disc of an installed game in the tray while playing -- but not at such a high cost. Not even close. In light of today's news, Whitten also confirmed that there will be a day-one patch for the console.

http://www.destructoid.com/day-one-p...s-256618.phtml
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:19 AM   #168
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine View Post
Bolded for emphasis. Might this leave open the possibility for shared library being enabled at a later date?
Sure. It's not like that stuff really depended on 24 hour check-in and banning used games anyways.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:22 AM   #169
crash override
Banned

Quote:
First bring proof that EA were the only ones pushing online passes. I brought mine already.

Seriously, sometimes it is nice to just quit a forum and spare the residents the pain of reading incessant dribble.
Sorry, but I don't do things that are nice for you.

Show me other publishers that are using online passes other than EA.

The burden of proof is on you. You're the one coming up with supposition, not me.

You want to put a what if scenario it is up to you to back it up
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:25 AM   #170
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Sure. It's not like that stuff really depended on 24 hour check-in and banning used games anyways.

It won't come back without DRM. That right there, unfortunately, was a way of calming down the folks who did want it.

RIP shared library that allowed for current and 360 game sharing.

I'll miss you Ridgeway. You died far too soon.

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:29 AM   #171
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't do things that are nice for you.

Show me other publishers that are using online passes other than EA.

The burden of proof is on you. You're the one coming up with supposition, not me.

You want to put a what if scenario it is up to you to back it up
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_pass

Nub. Practically all big name publishers are in there. Technically MS also since if you didn't have Live you couldn't do online with any game.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:35 AM   #172
crash override
Banned

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_pass

Nub. Practically all big name publishers are in there. Technically MS also since if you didn't have Live you couldn't do online with any game.

Well then you have to toss Sony in there now then since PS+ is required for all online multiplayer as well on the PS4.

We were talking about additional fees. You conveniently forgot the part of the article that proves my point about EA ditching online pass in all future titles and working to remove it in past titles as well.

Geez, now you make me sound like I like EA when in fact I am not a fan.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:37 AM   #173
KAC
KAC

I know what EA is doing but does not mean it may not come back. Sony has had additional fees on online passes for an age. Git with the times.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:42 AM   #174
crash override
Banned

Quote:
I know what EA is doing but does not mean it may not come back. Sony has had additional fees on online passes for an age. Git with the times.
No Sony has not.

PSN had free online multiplayer for the PS3. It never required PS+.

The PS4 will require PS+ for online multiplayer.

You don't like it when the data isn't in your favor.

Perhaps someone should do the forum a favor by removing their annoying presence.

Look I didn't name anyone...so it is clever...right? *crickets*
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:47 AM   #175
KAC
KAC

Quote:
No Sony has not.

PSN had free online multiplayer for the PS3. It never required PS+.

The PS4 will require PS+ for online multiplayer.

You don't like it when the data isn't in your favor.

Perhaps someone should do the forum a favor by removing their annoying presence.

Look I didn't name anyone...so it is clever...right? *crickets*
Dumbass, Sony is publisher for Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, Killzone and Resistance games. Their latest versions all came with an online pass. They charge not for the PS+ for MP, they charge by having additional fees when you re-sell the game and you need a code to activate any MP (which is free with purchase of the game disc for the first owner only and usually $10-$20 per game per used game unless the first owner had not used the original code).
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:53 AM   #176
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Dumbass, Sony is publisher for Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, Killzone and Resistance games. Their latest versions all came with an online pass. They charge not for the PS+ for MP, they charge by having additional fees when you re-sell the game and you need a code to activate any MP (which is free with purchase of the game disc for the first owner only and usually $10-$20 per game per used game unless the first owner had not used the original code).

Keep up with the news. PS+ is required for PS4 online multiplayer, dumbass.

Look I can call someone names too. Aren't I so smart?

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:54 AM   #177
Ub3r_n00b
Unwashed peasant

Ub3r_n00b is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Indeed. Buy what you want. Don't make the rest of us lose features because you don't want them.
I'm sorry, but I don't see the distinction between "Don't like it, don't buy it" and what forced Microsofts decision to revamp. I'm sure it took more than a vocal minority shouting on forums for Microsoft to scrap long term plans and policies. People must have voted with their wallets and expressed why they weren't going to buy it, so they revised.

As far as shared libraries, I don't understand why its so hard to implement considering its already being done to a degree with PSN accounts. Just needs to be fine tuned to have a limited number of linked accounts instead of the limit of the number of systems your account can be on that it is now.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:55 AM   #178
KAC
KAC

Quote:
Keep up with the news. PS+ is required for PS4 online multiplayer, dumbass.

Look I can call someone names too. Aren't I so smart? :eyeroll:
I know, and that has nothing to do with MS policies. The policies were specifically talking about used games, checking in with server, DRM etc and not online passes.
You have to be called names just to talk logically and stay on topic of this thread.

Last edited by KAC : Jun 20, 2013 at 02:57 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 02:58 AM   #179
crash override
Banned

Quote:
I know, and that has nothing to do with MS policies. The policies were specifically talking about used games, checking in, DRM etc and not online passes.

You are the one who brought up LIVE Gold.

If you get to use LIVE Gold then I get to use PS+

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 03:00 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 03:00 AM   #180
crash override
Banned

Quote:
You have to be called names just to talk logically and stay on topic of this thread.

No that just takes me off-topic and makes me realize just how pathetic you are. So I just use your own methods to mock you.