Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:24 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Well this makes my decision harder. Of course it makes me feel better if I were to buy an Xbox one for the exclusives like Forza and GOW.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:27 PM   #122
crash override
Banned

crash override is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
I have some clothes fit for a king that I would like to sell you.
No thanks. I prefer wearing actual clothing that actually exists rather pretending reality doesn't exist.

You meant Emperor btw, not king.

I think the analogy actually points the other way. I'm the one trying to tell folks the truth of how things work. You guys are the ones saying look at these fancy new duds Sony is wearing.

I'm the one laughing because I already know where the industry is going...and yet everyone thinks I'm the one full of crap.

It will be amusing in about 3 years to see how this works out for you folks.

Last edited by crash override : Jun 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
crash override is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:38 PM   #123
Ciera
Bueno

Ciera is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash override View Post
I'm the one laughing because I already know where the industry is going...and yet everyone thinks I'm the one full of crap.

It will be amusing in about 3 years to see how this works out for you folks.
Cool story bro
Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:44 PM   #124
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciera View Post
Cool story bro

Awesome response!

That's me responding from 2010.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:53 PM   #125
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Several of you are lost - this is not your PM box.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:43 PM   #126
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Doesn't matter. Already made my choice. Already preordered PS4.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 11:52 PM   #127
FiggyG
Radeon Caribbean Islands

FiggyG once held a door open for a complete strangerFiggyG once held a door open for a complete strangerFiggyG once held a door open for a complete stranger

Good news, now it's about the games and price difference, etc.
FiggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:17 AM   #128
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I went to sleep mad and I woke up mad..
As always common folks who dont understand anything and are scared of thier own shadow are holding technology back.

GJ there!

Whats next? You already started on google glasses also, shall they put the development down on that also?
Lets go back to the stone age! FIRE oooooh aaaaah.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:23 AM   #129
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
As always common folks who dont understand anything and are scared of thier own shadow are holding technology back.

GJ there!

Whats next? You already started on google glasses also, shall they put the development down on that also?

I just wish more of us had been vocal sooner. People get mad at us, but the vocal minority wins again.

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Fixed typos
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:45 AM   #130
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:

GJ there!

Quote:
I just wish more of us had been vocal sooner. People whet mad at us, but tur vocal minority wins again.
What a ****ing crock. How is adding CHOICE to the ecosystem a bad thing?? If Microsoft wanted to add these vaporware features in the current system, they could find a way. Sure it would HAVE TO be different from how it was supposed to work, but there would be a way. Of course they opt to take the easy way out and just drop the features completely. Don't blame consumers, blame Microsoft for half-assing it and not having a comprehensive plan B that included this scenario in the first place.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:48 AM   #131
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

so we will never be in the future now????

wtf ms , i thought you said that was the future

its good that customer won, ps4 won, and ms is listening
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Last edited by wc326 : Jun 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM.
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:53 AM   #132
crash override
Banned

Quote:
What a ****ing crock. How is adding CHOICE to the ecosystem a bad thing?? If Microsoft wanted to add these vaporware features in the current system, they could find a way. Sure it would HAVE TO be different from how it was supposed to work, but there would be a way. Of course they opt to take the easy way out and just drop the features completely. Don't blame consumers, blame Microsoft for half-assing it and not having a comprehensive plan B that included this scenario in the first place.

So you are a developer? Tell me a DRM-free system that publishers would agree to that would allow everything planned.

Outline for me your expertise and knowledge in this matter.

I'm really curious now since you always seem to have an answer for everything.

Also mind sending me a link to your work portfolio? A talent like yours is vastly needed in the industry if you can do this...after all you make it sound easy.

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 12:58 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:58 AM   #133
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
So you are a developer? Tell me a DRM-free system that publishers would agree to that would allow everything planned.

Simple and already answered.

Allow people to choose by implementing the new system for digital downloads. However, I find it hard to believe that publishers would be okay with the family library system as described. It would let 90% of households conveniently play games without ever buying a copy.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 12:58 AM   #134
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:

If Microsoft is interested in my input, they can hire me. But this is quite besides the point. If you can't refute what I said, then perhaps you should just keep quiet.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:01 AM   #135
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Simple and already answered.

Allow people to choose by implementing the new system for digital downloads. However, I find it hard to believe that publishers would be okay with the family library system as described. It would let 90% of households conveniently play games without ever buying a copy.

That still involves DRM and DRM is of the devil. Right?

No, no. Everything must be as it was...screw progress.

In case anyone is wondering...now I am officially in DGAF mode.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:03 AM   #136
crash override
Banned

Quote:
If Microsoft is interested in my input, they can hire me. But this is quite besides the point. If you can't refute what I said, then perhaps you should just keep quiet.

Oh I'm sorry. So you don't have any intention of showing your industry knowledge and experience?

Back of the line please.

You talk about how easy this is. So show everyone...otherwise you're just running your mouth.

I'm giving you a shot here to prove that you're not just an angry person looking for something to be angry about.

You won't take it though...

Predictable.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:04 AM   #137
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Well, as much as I am happy about it, it makes by console pick decision harder. I guess the best time to buy one of these two consoles is one year down the road after they are released.
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:07 AM   #138
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

I have never said I was opposed to DRM. I am just opposed to DRM that is inconvenient for users and will inevitably result in the destruction of a valued work. For this reason I think it has been for the best that MS reverted to the old way of doing things.

If MS really believed the new way was better, they should have put the two up against each other and let the consumers decide. There isn't any technical reason the two systems could not have coexisted.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:08 AM   #139
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:

Having a disk in the drive is a form of DRM. Just because you insist on doing something one way, doesn't mean it can't be done another. Perhaps MS should have more closely considered the position of the consumer before "dreaming big". Then perhaps they could have come up with more options, rather than excuses. In either case, your DGAF mode does seem awfully pissant. I can empathize with your disappointment, but you really should not be taking all of this personally. The world is not your enemy, man. Be happy for people who were against buying an X-one yesterday, but are pre-ordering it today.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:08 AM   #140
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Well, as much as I am happy about it, it makes by console pick decision harder. I guess the best time to buy one of these two consoles is one year down the road after they are released.
I have been thinking about this all day. I already have the PS4 pre-order though so I might as well see what happens. If I don't want the console, maybe I can turn a small profit on it.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:09 AM   #141
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry. So you don't have any intention of showing your industry knowledge and experience?

Back of the line please.

You talk about how easy this is. So show everyone...otherwise you're just running your mouth.

I'm giving you a shot here to prove that you're not just an angry person looking for something to be angry about.

You won't take it though...

Predictable.
You're a sad little man.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:11 AM   #142
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
There was a choice from the start. Dont like it buy any other of the 2 consoles

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:11 AM   #143
crash override
Banned

Quote:
I have never said I was opposed to DRM. I am just opposed to DRM that is inconvenient for users and will inevitably result in the destruction of a valued work. For this reason I think it has been for the best that MS reverted to the old way of doing things.

If MS really believed the new way was better, they should have put the two up against each other and let the consumers decide. There isn't any technical reason the two systems could not have coexisted.

Then you have a divided ecosystem and version skew issues and it just becomes a mess.

Developers have to code for both scenarios. That is a far larger nightmare

Now with Ciera I was being contemptuous.

In your case I ask seriously have you ever tried to do something like this? Your input I actually listen to since you debate the points, and don't just have a knee-jerk reaction.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:12 AM   #144
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:
Thank you for stating the obvious. However that choice doesn't work in Microsoft's favor, as has been made quite evident.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:13 AM   #145
crash override
Banned

Quote:

Exactly. I am tired of the whiny little children who pretend that they can't buy something else and that MS put a gun to their head or something.

Un-f'ing-believeable.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:15 AM   #146
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Thank you for stating the obvious. However that choice doesn't work in Microsoft's favor, as has been made quite evident.

Indeed. Buy what you want. Don't make the rest of us lose features because you don't want them.

Still waiting btw for you to say something that actually contributes to how this could have worked both ways.

I'm not holding my breath though.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:16 AM   #147
Ciera
Bueno

Quote:
Indeed. Buy what you want. Don't make the rest of us lose features because you don't want them.

Still waiting btw for you to say something that actually contributes to how this could have worked both ways.

I'm not holding my breath though.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:18 AM   #148
crash override
Banned

Quote:
So as I predicted, you have no idea and were talking out your ass.

On with the topic...
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:23 AM   #149
Ciera
Bueno

Default I know I said it would be the last one, but...

Quote:
So as I predicted, you have no idea and were talking out your ass.

On with the topic...
Yes, on with the topic. The Xbox 180. If you want to create a "Let's figure out how to get DRM done, the right way" focus group, you can make a new topic. Here's something on topic:

Quote:
Old Jun 20, 2013, 01:26 AM   #150
crash override
Banned

Quote:
Yes, on with the topic. The Xbox 180. If you want to create a "Let's figure out how to get DRM done, the right way" focus group, you can make a new topic. Here's something on topic:

Actually all policy/DRM related posts were redirected here by staff.

Your meme is a pathetic attempt to avoid showing how little knowledge you have.

What's that...don't like someone who treats you the way you treat others?

Too bad.

Sorry folks...taking out the trash. Sorry about the clutter, but I know there are folks are thinking like me who are afraid to speak up. I just don't care about the consequences of being honest and don't mind speaking up for you.

Let's not let this spoil a proper discussion.

Last edited by crash override : Jun 20, 2013 at 01:31 AM.