Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 24, 2020, 02:35 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

14 cities now.

The entire Hubei Province has raised it's public health emergency response to level I, the highest level.

All? Movie theaters in the entire country are shutting down as well. 70,000+ of them. They were expecting 1 billion in sales for the lunar new year.

Shanghai Disneyland has closed it's park as well.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 03:02 AM   #32
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Another lockdown (which was previously rumored but unconfirmed) is now official: Tianmen, population 1.7 million
15?

Old Jan 24, 2020, 03:19 AM   #33
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
That is assuming its not man made.
Humans are man made too.
Mostly...
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 24, 2020, 07:37 AM   #34
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Where are you guys getting the reports of how many cities are quarantined? Every news site I go to is just full of political garbage.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 08:20 AM   #35
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Where are you guys getting the reports of how many cities are quarantined? Every news site I go to is just full of political garbage.
Be specific and use punctuation in your searches. I just searched for WHO, coronavirus, latest reports, and got this.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...-2019-ncov.pdf
Old Jan 24, 2020, 08:35 AM   #36
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
14 cities now.

The entire Hubei Province has raised it's public health emergency response to level I, the highest level.

All? Movie theaters in the entire country are shutting down as well. 70,000+ of them. They were expecting 1 billion in sales for the lunar new year.

Shanghai Disneyland has closed it's park as well.
Here's what's interesting about this...

The coronavirus itself is not the scariest thing ever. We've seen worse get out there. Not saying it's great, everyone should be cautious and concerned, but if the coronavirus goes worldwide, it doesn't look like it will be more serious than the MERS or SARS outbreaks. It appears to be a less lethal cousin of these viruses (again, not saying it's great, this isn't the point I'm trying to make right now).

The point I am making, and what I do think is interesting, is that China is doing ALL IT CAN to contain this right now. Or at least, appears to be. As are the rest of the governments of the world. IF this still spreads, it will tell us how effective our safeguards are against containing a similar but more deadly outbreak in the future. If we can't contain and quarantine this virus less lethal and scary virus, then if EBOLA 2.0 were to get out there, we're ****ed.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 08:53 AM   #37
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Coming soon, to a neighborhood near you!
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:02 AM   #38
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Like WTF!? Why do Chinese people eat ultra weird shite!?

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:20 AM   #39
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Be specific and use punctuation in your searches. I just searched for WHO, coronavirus, latest reports, and got this.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-sou...-2019-ncov.pdf
Well, a couple things...

1. You're right, I didn't search at all. I just went to several major news sites.

2. You're searching failed. In no way did it even remotely answer the question I asked, especially since the report was dated 3 days ago. The report didn't say anything about 14 quarantined cities. It's possible I missed it, it wouldn't be the first time.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:33 AM   #40
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Well, a couple things...

1. You're right, I didn't search at all. I just went to several major news sites.

2. You're* searching failed. In no way did it even remotely answer the question I asked, especially since the report was dated 3 days ago. The report didn't say anything about 14 quarantined cities. It's possible I missed it, it wouldn't be the first time.
*your

I'll see myself out.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:41 AM   #41
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
*your

I'll see myself out.

Typing quickly on my dinky replacement phone and can't get use to the little keypad. Imagine how that probably read before it corrected it.

Seriously though, where are you guys getting your info from? Or is everyone just blindly believing the worst cases they senon from different reports? After searching for 5min or so, aim seeing reports of anywhere from 4 to 13 cities quarantined and anywhere from 530 to 800 reported cases.

Who are we choosing to believe and why?
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:51 AM   #42
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Well, a couple things...

2. You're searching failed. In no way did it even remotely answer the question I asked, especially since the report was dated 3 days ago. The report didn't say anything about 14 quarantined cities. It's possible I missed it, it wouldn't be the first time.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:56 AM   #43
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Japan, Korea and Nepal added to the list.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...0b1_story.html

A student in Texas is also reported to be 'under observation'.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:26 AM   #44
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Great it is almost here now. I am not going outside anymore. Wait I am at work I guess it is to late. We have 6 people out sick just today.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 01:00 PM   #45
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 01:04 PM   #46
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

yoz
Old Jan 24, 2020, 01:07 PM   #47
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Old Jan 24, 2020, 01:09 PM   #48
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

sounds like you want eye protection, they think droplets could be infecting via the eyes.

Old Jan 24, 2020, 01:23 PM   #49
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
The outbreaks of both the Wuhan coronavirus and SARS started in Chinese wet markets. Photos show what the markets look like.
https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...-photos-2020-1

Old Jan 24, 2020, 01:25 PM   #50
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
THIS IS 'MURICA!!!

yoz
Old Jan 24, 2020, 02:25 PM   #51
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Jan 24, 2020, 02:37 PM   #52
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
China spent the crucial first days of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak arresting people who posted about it online and threatening journalists
https://www.businessinsider.com/chin...navirus-2020-1
Old Jan 24, 2020, 02:40 PM   #53
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Coronavirus Confirmed In Chicago
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/01...ed-in-chicago/

isn't that 3 with texas
Old Jan 24, 2020, 03:47 PM   #54
Pr3tty F1y
Radeon Arctic Islands

Pr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPr3tty F1y can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Here's what's interesting about this...

The coronavirus itself is not the scariest thing ever. We've seen worse get out there. Not saying it's great, everyone should be cautious and concerned, but if the coronavirus goes worldwide, it doesn't look like it will be more serious than the MERS or SARS outbreaks. It appears to be a less lethal cousin of these viruses (again, not saying it's great, this isn't the point I'm trying to make right now).

The point I am making, and what I do think is interesting, is that China is doing ALL IT CAN to contain this right now. Or at least, appears to be. As are the rest of the governments of the world. IF this still spreads, it will tell us how effective our safeguards are against containing a similar but more deadly outbreak in the future. If we can't contain and quarantine this virus less lethal and scary virus, then if EBOLA 2.0 were to get out there, we're ****ed.
This. I'm not going all paranoid thinking that this is the end of times and China is secretly hiding a higher death rate.

To me, this is an excellent case study in preventing the spread of an infectious agent. Quite frankly, you wouldn't be able to do this in the US (or at least not right now). People would reject it.

However, China being China, they can do it.

How this works in limiting the spread of this virus will be of great importance moving forward as it will provide emergency management systems with a real life data regarding the effectiveness of "locking down" large, densely populated geographic areas.

Now, for those afraid of Nanny State becoming a Police State, I guess there is that possibility, but in the event that a worse infectious agent was spreading, there needs to be some government entity with a plan of how to deal with it and that's what we're going to learn from this event.

You're dead.
Your friends are dead.
Your family's dead.
Your f**king pets are being skinned alive.
Your mom's a f**king whore.
You suck at life.
The whole world hates you.
You're going to hell.
Live with it.

GAME OVER
Pr3tty F1y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 04:04 PM   #55
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
CDC confirms second US case of coronavirus and is monitoring dozens of other potential cases
Quote:
U.S. health officials said Friday they diagnosed a second patient with the China coronavirus — a Chicago woman who returned from Wuhan with the infection, and they are monitoring dozens of other potential cases here.

There are 63 cases being monitored in the U.S. that stretch across 22 states, including the first patient in Washington state and the new case in Illinois, said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/24/cdc-...diagnosed.html
Old Jan 24, 2020, 04:22 PM   #56
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

What is strange I normally get weekly updates from the CDC, due to my position at the bank, on current health issues. AKA the current flu counts things like that. I have not received this weeks update.

(watch it drop in my Email right after I post this)

Last update was from the 3rd was about this flu season. 459 people in the hospital over the season in our state is over 3 times the number of last flu season and 11 dead so far.
The rest of the article is trying to get companies like mine that bully sick employees into coming into work that they are not only putting themselves at risk but others as well.
Stuff like that falls on deaf ears at companies like mine.

Make that money!! Yes masta, what eva ya say masta.

But yes I am glad I have a job and health insurance as I myself just recovered from 2 weeks of the flu and pneumonia

Last edited by Athena : Jan 24, 2020 at 04:34 PM.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 05:59 PM   #57
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

And I have to hop on a plane next week....all domestic, but.. joy....

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 06:10 PM   #58
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Thats nothing, my brother is over in China right now on business.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2020, 09:58 PM   #59
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I'm getting on one tomorrow, also domestic.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:22 PM   #60
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Thats nothing, my brother is over in China right now on business.
Quote:
I'm getting on one tomorrow, also domestic.
current airplane wear

and if you have a service dog

Last edited by bill dennison : Jan 24, 2020 at 11:32 PM.