Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 22, 2020, 04:08 PM   #331
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Gyoki down. That was fun. Easy, but fun.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2020, 06:37 PM   #332
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Ok... that was just silly. First there was a side mission that spawned in two mini bosses. Next up was a main mission with the...I don’t even know. Flaming chain wielding, spiny top spawning chariot lady. I died so many times that I completely drained my storehouse of elixirs

I was one death away from calling you Lazy. One death, but luckily I killed her with no elixirs left and a sliver of a health bar.

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Old May 23, 2020, 06:45 PM   #333
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
Ok... that was just silly. First there was a side mission that spawned in two mini bosses. Next up was a main mission with the...I don’t even know. Flaming chain wielding, spiny top spawning chariot lady. I died so many times that I completely drained my storehouse of elixirs

I was one death away from calling you Lazy. One death, but luckily I killed her with no elixirs left and a sliver of a health bar.
pg 5

https://www.rage3d.com/board/showpos...&postcount=143
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 23, 2020, 07:40 PM   #334
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post

Piece of work that one. Lvl 84 now. Woo.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 24, 2020, 05:17 AM   #335
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

Piece of work that one. Lvl 84 now. Woo.
Yeah she is lol. Are you still using the Odachi? I just switched to an Odachi build, didn't know if you knew that some bosses and dojo missions drop hidden weapons skills.

The Corpses and Ice boss drops a skill called Swirling Snow for the Odachi - it just wrecks everything. Just a tip for farming him, if he doesn't drop the skill (RNG) just exit to the main menu after killing him instead of completing the mission and when you restart, it will put you back at the last shrine you were at so you don't have to clear the whole mission again.

EDIT: Got it on about the 12th run. Hire an NPC to keep him busy, sprint from shrine to fight - about 1.5 to ~2 minutes per kill. Not a bad amount of time to spend for it.

Last edited by Lazy8s : May 24, 2020 at 08:37 AM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2020, 02:02 PM   #336
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Yep, still rocking the Odachi. Corpses and Ice boss? No idea what that is man. My next mission is Ruin Draws Near.

Hold me...

Alpha

Omega

Old May 24, 2020, 10:31 PM   #337
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Had to call in Lazy8s. Man that went quick when you arrived.

The steak we had was AWESOME btw. Hope you enjoy the marinade recipe!

Alpha

Omega

Old May 25, 2020, 03:39 AM   #338
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Had to call in Lazy8s. Man that went quick when you arrived.

The steak we had was AWESOME btw. Hope you enjoy the marinade recipe!
The wife and I went through that recipe together and we drooled, hard Thanks for sending that

I think Shibata is close to the worst the game has to offer. I'm just used to the fight now, so it looked easier...there's one more boss that could be problematic...I think it was designed for co-op to be honest.

That swirling snow, spin to win lol, love it...but I didn't realize I didn't have attack on all my armor pieces last night. That's why I wasn't hitting very hard. That perk makes a HUGE difference.
Old May 25, 2020, 08:16 AM   #339
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Not to rub salt in, but my under levelled light as possible ninjutsu / shuriken build just took her out on my first attempt (via counters and water feathers).
These bosses really are targeted at specific builds.

But Gyuki proved to be very problematic (e.g. 4+ hrs to barely beat).
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2020, 10:13 AM   #340
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Not to rub salt in, but my under levelled light as possible ninjutsu / shuriken build just took her out on my first attempt (via counters and water feathers).
These bosses really are targeted at specific builds.

But Gyuki proved to be very problematic (e.g. 4+ hrs to barely beat).
I think Cyko took out Gyuki first try

These type games really highlight play styles too. I've had bosses make me half crazy when others are wrecking them on the first run, and the converse is also true. Keeps the game, co-op especially, pretty interesting lol.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:19 PM   #341
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
I think Cyko took out Gyuki first try

These type games really highlight play styles too. I've had bosses make me half crazy when others are wrecking them on the first run, and the converse is also true. Keeps the game, co-op especially, pretty interesting lol.
2nd try

I do like how they’ve built bosses to play to different strengths and weaknesses in weapon choices, but sometimes they go a little overboard.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 25, 2020, 02:50 PM   #342
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
2nd try

I do like how they’ve built bosses to play to different strengths and weaknesses in weapon choices, but sometimes they go a little overboard.
You're using just the right weapon for one of the "overboards" not too far ahead
Old May 25, 2020, 03:49 PM   #343
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
You're using just the right weapon for one of the "overboards" not too far ahead
...why do I see this in my head when I read that:

Alpha

Omega

Old May 25, 2020, 04:03 PM   #344
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
...why do I see this in my head when I read that:

My first reaction to the one I'm thinking about "What the heck, I have to fight that?!?!"

Call me
Old May 25, 2020, 04:49 PM   #345
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
My first reaction to the one I'm thinking about "What the heck, I have to fight that?!?!"

Call me

Just started my workout but will do when finished. Showing a bunch of kids in DEP that a 38 year old man can outrun, out push, and just overall out-fitness the bejesus out of them any day of the week

Alpha

Omega

Old May 25, 2020, 04:51 PM   #346
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:

Just started my workout but will do when finished. Showing a bunch of kids in DEP that a 38 year old man can outrun, out push, and just overall out-fitness the bejesus out of them any day of the week
Love it
Old May 25, 2020, 06:11 PM   #347
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
Love it
There was this one guy, looked like your typical meathead football player, who almost immediately threw his hand up when I asked who would like to challenge me in pull-ups. Loser has to run a lap around the park (1/4 mile) carrying two 50lb ammo cans.

He went first. 17 pull-ups. Gave him a congratulations, put on my 60lb weight vest, and cranked out 27. The look on his face was PRICELESS

Every exercise he would challenge me, every time he’d end up taking a lap. End of the day he asked how I did all that while making it look easy. Told him I do all those same exercises with the weight vest + another 45lbs in a backpack...as my 2nd workout of the day

He’ll do good, just needs to get over his ego and realize that as hard as you push there will always be someone out there pushing harder, so never rest on your laurels and give everything max effort. If you ain’t dyin’ you ain’t trying hard enough.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 25, 2020, 07:15 PM   #348
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
There was this one guy, looked like your typical meathead football player, who almost immediately threw his hand up when I asked who would like to challenge me in pull-ups. Loser has to run a lap around the park (1/4 mile) carrying two 50lb ammo cans.

He went first. 17 pull-ups. Gave him a congratulations, put on my 60lb weight vest, and cranked out 27. The look on his face was PRICELESS

Every exercise he would challenge me, every time he’d end up taking a lap. End of the day he asked how I did all that while making it look easy. Told him I do all those same exercises with the weight vest + another 45lbs in a backpack...as my 2nd workout of the day

He’ll do good, just needs to get over his ego and realize that as hard as you push there will always be someone out there pushing harder, so never rest on your laurels and give everything max effort. If you ain’t dyin’ you ain’t trying hard enough
One of my favorite verses is "Iron sharpens iron" Kind of fits here lol. Very few people train as if their loved ones lives depend on it - don't ever stop

I'm hoping for the call this week for surgery - I may have tweaked my torn RC a bit working out today...it's getting old not being able to get it repaired
Old May 27, 2020, 08:33 AM   #349
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Super easy +5 divine gear farming found. I verified this for myself this morning

NG+ after new content has been cleared though.

https://youtu.be/XU3Hil5Bm5c
Old May 27, 2020, 08:24 PM   #350
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Beat the “big guy” at the end of high spirited demon. That was the easiest one so far

Alpha

Omega

Old May 28, 2020, 06:23 AM   #351
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Beat the “big guy” at the end of high spirited demon. That was the easiest one so far
That's a fun level though Are you doing The Golden Castle next?
Old May 29, 2020, 08:45 AM   #352
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
That's a fun level though Are you doing The Golden Castle next?
I’m in the mausoleum right now. This level is frakking huge. Just dropped the water a second time, looked around and went “gotta pause this, may take longer than 15 to beat

Awesome level so far though. I think my fav. to this point.

Alpha

Omega

Old May 29, 2020, 09:00 AM   #353
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I’m in the mausoleum right now. This level is frakking huge. Just dropped the water a second time, looked around and went “gotta pause this, may take longer than 15 to beat

Awesome level so far though. I think my fav. to this point.
That level delivers After that as well. It seems the closer they got to end game the harder they worked. imo you have the best game play in the game ahead of you now.
Old May 31, 2020, 06:20 AM   #354
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Anyone here platinum this game yet? I don't want to resort to google - I'm 95%ish cleared on everything but still have *hidden* trophies

ugh
Old May 31, 2020, 09:18 AM   #355
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Anyone here platinum this game yet? I don't want to resort to google - I'm 95%ish cleared on everything but still have *hidden* trophies

ugh
LOL! i'm just up to lvl 82, trying to get myself up to lvl before Ryomen Sukuna (before that i was running everything at deliberately under lvl'd, other than sodding Yatsu-no-Kami).

I suspect your way a head of the curve on trying for platinum this one.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2020, 10:23 AM   #356
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Lvl 105. Golden castle time!

Alpha

Omega

Old May 31, 2020, 10:40 AM   #357
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Lvl 105. Golden castle time!
Sweet! Enjoy those sweet paintings! All of them

Give me a buzz later if you feel like company.
Old May 31, 2020, 10:41 AM   #358
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
LOL! i'm just up to lvl 82, trying to get myself up to lvl before Ryomen Sukuna (before that i was running everything at deliberately under lvl'd, other than sodding Yatsu-no-Kami).

I suspect your way a head of the curve on trying for platinum this one.
That's a great level imo - little bit of everything and he's a truly challenging boss
Old May 31, 2020, 02:32 PM   #359
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Quote:
Sweet! Enjoy those sweet paintings! All of them

Give me a buzz later if you feel like company.
That b*tch! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Killed her without dying. Didn’t even come close to dying. Wtf

Golden castle down. I’m coming for you Tokichiro , you traitorous bastard!

Alpha

Omega

Old May 31, 2020, 03:34 PM   #360
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
That b*tch! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Killed her without dying. Didn’t even come close to dying. Wtf

Golden castle down. I’m coming for you Tokichiro , you traitorous bastard!
That's a fun level though isn't it? Did you find all of the paintings? Enenra, Yatsu, Gozuki and Mazuki, and Kasha were all I think...