Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Mar 28, 2020, 02:31 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
LOL, I love reading your rants Lazy8s. Your controller throwing rants at Sekiro was one of the main reasons I got that game. I am in the middle of a few other games right now or I would join the torture. Looking forward to your finally beat the game posts
Same about the rants, it's the shared frustration, that entertains me.
(also is it me or are sides way easier than the main quest areas).

I'm sat outside Yatsu-no-Kami (snake boss) area now and cursing who ever designed the surrounding areas, although I suspect it'll make a great pit for farming, which i'm going to need to do, as the drop system clearly hates me on a deeply personal level.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 03:31 PM   #212
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
LOL, I love reading your rants Lazy8s. Your controller throwing rants at Sekiro was one of the main reasons I got that game. I am in the middle of a few other games right now or I would join the torture. Looking forward to your finally beat the game posts
Thanks for the vote of confidence SD-[Inc]. I just exited completely out of that mission again, maybe the 5th time I've cleared the entire level only to just be disgusted with this boss.

All of my teenage angst and tantrums aside, I've played every Soulsborne until I wore out the hard drives lol, plus Nioh 1 off and on for years. This is literally the worst boss I've run into yet.

EDIT: trying a change of armor to something heavier with higher toughness. I'm either going to have to repec to enjoy all the perks or just farm out another 4 level ups. And my character is not nearly as sexy in full warriors armor.

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 28, 2020 at 04:21 PM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 04:55 PM   #213
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Not gonna lie, after dealing with Shibata I'm glad the rest of the region 5 bosses went the way they did.

Now to go back and mop up. Region 5 was weird, it was pretty much just main mission after main mission, hardly any submissions until you finish the last main. *shrugs*

Just found out that the Master Swordsman armor is light enough and I have enough Stam to wear 4/5 heavy armor pieces and still have B agility. Too bad the dual swords parts of the set are lost on me, but eh. I'll run this for a bit and see what happens.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 28, 2020, 05:42 PM   #214
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post
Not gonna lie, after dealing with Shibata I'm glad the rest of the region 5 bosses went the way they did.

Now to go back and mop up. Region 5 was weird, it was pretty much just main mission after main mission, hardly any submissions until you finish the last main. *shrugs*

Just found out that the Master Swordsman armor is light enough and I have enough Stam to wear 4/5 heavy armor pieces and still have B agility. Too bad the dual swords parts of the set are lost on me, but eh. I'll run this for a bit and see what happens.
I just switched to the Diehard set and reforged the heck out of all the gear for some really sweet perks.

If I can't take this thing down after 10 more tries....when you get here you'll see a pathetic balled up once human curled up in the corner sobbing and sucking my thumb. That will be me

edit: This is f'kng ridiculous. I am massively disappointed that Team Ninja felt the need to put some BS like this in here. "Hey guys - enjoy the game! Just don't expect to finish it"

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 28, 2020 at 06:42 PM.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 07:02 PM   #215
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I'm actually thinking about just giving up on the game at the moment. I even tried summoning help and no takers after 15 minutes.

I just had it on it's last legs after another 6-7 tries, then all of a sudden a paralytic beam from the sky. I can't move and yeah, I'm dead. Never saw the paralysis here before. I'm not even ticked off, just disappointed.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:10 PM   #216
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Yellowbeard, let me know how you make out. You'll know this boss when you get to it. I hope you're one of the players that beats it quickly.

As for me, I'm out of that entire level. I'm on approximately death #40ish maybe? I don't even have words lol.

Have fun
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:54 PM   #217
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Yellowbeard, let me know how you make out. You'll know this boss when you get to it. I hope you're one of the players that beats it quickly.

As for me, I'm out of that entire level. I'm on approximately death #40ish maybe? I don't even have words lol.

Have fun
Oof, sorry to hear that. You seemed to be going along so well too, least a lot better than me, that's for sure. I definitely know how you feel, was there a few times as you saw. Had a couple good lie downs during my Shibata attempts. Even tried to get away for a spell, but the damn game kept pulling me back in.

I'll let you know if I make it that far, I still have, I'm assuming, two main mission bosses to get to where you're at. I just started the first in Region 6, got to the "third" level and figured I should probably take a break. Been off and on all day.

Old Mar 29, 2020, 03:28 AM   #218
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Oof, sorry to hear that. You seemed to be going along so well too, least a lot better than me, that's for sure. I definitely know how you feel, was there a few times as you saw. Had a couple good lie downs during my Shibata attempts. Even tried to get away for a spell, but the damn game kept pulling me back in.

I'll let you know if I make it that far, I still have, I'm assuming, two main mission bosses to get to where you're at. I just started the first in Region 6, got to the "third" level and figured I should probably take a break. Been off and on all day.
Yep, you're close to it. I know what you mean about getting pulled back in - if I'm going to quit a game it's near the beginning, not the end lol.

I'm just going around and farming revs, and trying to practice using a phantom GS, having a bad time with the burst timing though. I'm trying Tengen Kujaku, and man, it's pretty potent, but the stats for it's protection are a far cry from mine, because of course they are.

I almost wonder if the devs want people to build around a GS's stats rather than just tune what we want and add a GS later.

Meh, going through twilights now for quality umbracite and rethinking another build. Ki management is absolutely brutal in that fight I'm stuck at. You'll see why....
Old Mar 29, 2020, 06:28 AM   #219
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Have fun
Ok, here's my training method on bosses that your build is not tuned to,
a. exercise just focusing on staying alive as long as possible (e.g. don't even bother attacking).
b. move on to phase 2 boss, repeat step A.

Take all of adrenaline out of the encounter, because there's enough of that flowing once you've got the boss down to 10 to 5% health as it is.

Remember it is possible, 5% of the current owners of Nioh 2 have beaten the NG.

if it's going to take a couple of days, so be it.
But your reward is stepping into NG+ with all of your gear and abilities.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 06:44 AM   #220
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Cheers delirium. We have a very similar approach to tough encounters.

This one is very much a trick boss. I vastly prefer the plain old bloody knuckle knock down drag out fights. There's no way to really talk about without spoiling something or anything about it.

I did just put the b***h away, but there was zero satisfaction in it. I have no idea how many times I died, but I do know it was the least enjoyable boss encounter I've had in years.

The worst part about it is just how simple it is. No complexity at all. I've read some on it on other forums and my experience is very common. Everything either comes together because it just does....or it doesn't.

Team Ninja knows how to build an epic boss fight. There was no good reason for this one.

EDIT: I really miss Manus after this one
Old Mar 29, 2020, 01:17 PM   #221
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Cheers delirium. We have a very similar approach to tough encounters.

This one is very much a trick boss. I vastly prefer the plain old bloody knuckle knock down drag out fights. There's no way to really talk about without spoiling something or anything about it.

I did just put the b***h away, but there was zero satisfaction in it. I have no idea how many times I died, but I do know it was the least enjoyable boss encounter I've had in years.

The worst part about it is just how simple it is. No complexity at all. I've read some on it on other forums and my experience is very common. Everything either comes together because it just does....or it doesn't.

Team Ninja knows how to build an epic boss fight. There was no good reason for this one.

EDIT: I really miss Manus after this one
Which boss was this?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 02:14 PM   #222
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Which boss was this?
Lady Osakabe. Hey, I miss running through missions with ya. Is it me?

Good news and bad news Gents.

I'm done, as in final boss down. You have a lot of pain ahead of you all

The final couple of chapters though were just....epic. Just insanely epic and just insanely difficult. I actually had to summon help for one fight, so now I can't say I soloed everything, but I don't care.

Yeah that ending and the real final boss fight was oh my gosh fun
Old Mar 29, 2020, 02:19 PM   #223
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I did just put the b***h away,
Hooray!

Region 6 Mission 1 is in the bin for me. Gonna check the sub missions/gear and continue my death march. I also love how whenever I find a set I like, when I move on the supply dries up.

I've found sets are never worth crafting. Unless yokai parts are more plentiful the RNG of getting boned by the blacksmith is too great. At least so far for me. Oh hey, a neat new Odachi smithing text I haven't seen before drops for me *two tries later* cool, two whites. Thanks Toyo!

Old Mar 29, 2020, 02:31 PM   #224
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Hooray!

Region 6 Mission 1 is in the bin for me. Gonna check the sub missions/gear and continue my death march. I also love how whenever I find a set I like, when I move on the supply dries up.

I've found sets are never worth crafting. Unless yokai parts are more plentiful the RNG of getting boned by the blacksmith is too great. At least so far for me. Oh hey, a neat new Odachi smithing text I haven't seen before drops for me *two tries later* cool, two whites. Thanks Toyo!
Oh brother Ima hating that blacksmith Her grandfather is even worse lol. Did you do the mission to unlock remodeling? That is one function that is so worth it. Changed my tonfa to scale off of dex primarily and changed my B scaling on the kusa to an A+ for 150 extra dps.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 05:03 PM   #225
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Oh brother Ima hating that blacksmith Her grandfather is even worse lol. Did you do the mission to unlock remodeling? That is one function that is so worth it. Changed my tonfa to scale off of dex primarily and changed my B scaling on the kusa to an A+ for 150 extra dps.
Haha nice. Yeah just did the mission to rescue gramps. I'm not sure I'm even going to use the remodeling system anytime soon. Then again, something might change my mind and I might get my butt off Odachi for a boss. Sibata and Ice Dude I'm looking at you. Right I got 20 Constitution, 21 Heart, 37 Stam, and 36 Str, so not sure if remodeling would do much since I'm not completely "stacked" on one attribute. Though I could see some fun if I decided to change a set of Tonfa to scale off one of my main stats.

Got a spiffy purity Odachi to drop off a Revenant and oh boy, Purity and Health on Amrita gain. To be fair, each tick only gives me like 15 and I have a 3k health pool so it doesn't do much for me. It's something though! Also did the Twilight missions and wound up getting the smithing text for it as well from Enenra. It also takes 3 Oni-B cores a try to make though and we know how well the blacksmith works for getting a purp. Redropped my grave at the boss of that one with my updated loadout. Might end up carrying two Odachi with me as I don't seem to swap to my alternate weapon. Mainly so I can carry a Purity weapon for Yokai and a Corruption weapon for normal humans.

Anyways! Seems like the next sub missions are all duals, so might just be hopping to the main mission 2 for now. Right now I have to go through my 500 Inventory Box and free up space. Ho boy.

Old Mar 29, 2020, 06:12 PM   #226
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Haha nice. Yeah just did the mission to rescue gramps. I'm not sure I'm even going to use the remodeling system anytime soon. Then again, something might change my mind and I might get my butt off Odachi for a boss. Sibata and Ice Dude I'm looking at you. Right I got 20 Constitution, 21 Heart, 37 Stam, and 36 Str, so not sure if remodeling would do much since I'm not completely "stacked" on one attribute. Though I could see some fun if I decided to change a set of Tonfa to scale off one of my main stats.

Got a spiffy purity Odachi to drop off a Revenant and oh boy, Purity and Health on Amrita gain. To be fair, each tick only gives me like 15 and I have a 3k health pool so it doesn't do much for me. It's something though! Also did the Twilight missions and wound up getting the smithing text for it as well from Enenra. It also takes 3 Oni-B cores a try to make though and we know how well the blacksmith works for getting a purp. Redropped my grave at the boss of that one with my updated loadout. Might end up carrying two Odachi with me as I don't seem to swap to my alternate weapon. Mainly so I can carry a Purity weapon for Yokai and a Corruption weapon for normal humans.

Anyways! Seems like the next sub missions are all duals, so might just be hopping to the main mission 2 for now. Right now I have to go through my 500 Inventory Box and free up space. Ho boy.
3k health pool? I'm running at about 2300 I'm about (from memory) 90 dex, 17 skill, 15 magic and am dumping points into heart for that ki boost.

Just an FYI buddy - you have some hella fast bosses coming up. Buff up Block on that Odachi - I was getting whacked with the kusa and had to break out the tonfa again.

I'm carrying the set sword for the perks offhand, but I picked up a couple of soul cores that just kill everything. it isn't all easy though. I got spoiled on all NG+ games before this one. Regular enemies just melt. Mini bosses and bosses omg they are FAST! Mezuki went down first try, but he's a freaking nightmare now....night ... Mare...yeah that's bad
Old Mar 29, 2020, 09:42 PM   #227
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
3k health pool? I'm running at about 2300 I'm about (from memory) 90 dex, 17 skill, 15 magic and am dumping points into heart for that ki boost.

Just an FYI buddy - you have some hella fast bosses coming up. Buff up Block on that Odachi - I was getting whacked with the kusa and had to break out the tonfa again.

I'm carrying the set sword for the perks offhand, but I picked up a couple of soul cores that just kill everything. it isn't all easy though. I got spoiled on all NG+ games before this one. Regular enemies just melt. Mini bosses and bosses omg they are FAST! Mezuki went down first try, but he's a freaking nightmare now....night ... Mare...yeah that's bad
Yup, think I had about 2.6 to 2.8 when I took on Shibata for the last time. Between that and the armor I think his grapples were only hitting me for about half my health bar if he managed to catch me. He still hit like a truck otherwise though. I've noticed grapple damage go down quite a bit with this set up, but a lot of normal hits still hit me for quite a bit. Before that I had some unused points in Skill that I moved around and was wearing the Kingu set, he'd hit me for about 3/4+ of my health bar. So yeah, that was fun.

That was the same as I was doing with the Genryu set and the Kingu set. Didn't use the sword a whole bunch, but used the set bonus.

Good to know about speed. Odachi don't have that great of a block stat, but my toughness offsets it and helps mitigate the ki damage.

I've actually been spending most my time in low stance on this level. (Only spoiled do to minor references to a level, even though I'm vague just in case you don't want to read it)
Working my way through all the previous hits in Mission 2. Saw one of the midbosses and it was like seeing Onryoku in that meme I posted. How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old man! Also, those rooms are entirely too small to fight the barnyard bunch in. Good lord I didn't know what was going on half the time. So far through three of the "mini boss" rooms. Think Kasha is next if I remember the mural picture. Don't know if I'm going to get back to it again tonight or take a break till tomorrow.

Edit: lol, sat down and turned my game back on after typing this. Mission 2 down. Now to peruse the sub missions and then on to Mission 3! But that's a task for tomorrow.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 29, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 03:42 AM   #228
Lazy8s
One day at a time

^^^ You're so close to the end game sequences, but there's still a surprising amount of game play from where you're at now. Can't wait to hear your impressions after you clear the game.

I'm still rolling with the Diehard set. It has great general perks but is light enough for me to use for now and still lets me take a couple of hits. Thing is, NG+ is being stingy as all heck with divine drops. I'm still getting more whites/yellows than anything else, so there's nothing to dismantle at the smith for forging divine gear.

The upside is that I'm leveling faster needing a million + amrita than I did in NG lol. In the first game I never felt like my build really came together until NG+ and this is no different. Except for the smith. I hate the smith. 12 divine fragments for a ~90% chance and I still get a white. Wasted materials. HATE the smith lol.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 03:54 PM   #229
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Will let you know how it goes. Taking a break now as I spent some time trying to get those damn skill books earlier today. Saito finally dropped the Odachi grapple one, still haven't gotten the other one from Ice Bro. Will probably just give up on it for the time being and move on later tonight. Think I have one more sub mission and two duels before the third mission. And the duels are a Kurisagama and a Spear dude, so my push for doing those is pretty low at the moment.

Old Mar 30, 2020, 08:11 PM   #230
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Will let you know how it goes. Taking a break now as I spent some time trying to get those damn skill books earlier today. Saito finally dropped the Odachi grapple one, still haven't gotten the other one from Ice Bro. Will probably just give up on it for the time being and move on later tonight. Think I have one more sub mission and two duels before the third mission. And the duels are a Kurisagama and a Spear dude, so my push for doing those is pretty low at the moment.
I'm working on smithing texts now. ARG. That's all I can say lol. Dojo missions aren't dropping skills for me either....keep on keeping on I guess.

NG+ is so easy in spots, and then it b****h slaps you into a corner and does vile things to you

edit: I'm trying to put together a decent divine set, but damn man...this game is stingy as all heck.

Last edited by Lazy8s : Mar 30, 2020 at 08:22 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 02:10 AM   #231
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Yeah, I think I had the Hunter boon on, wore a Kodama bowl hat that increased boon effect, and a kodama soul that boosted boon effect, and whatever else I had that boosted item chance as well when I was farming stuff.

Well, just cleared the third Mission about 15 minutes ago. Had to redo part of the mission because I missed a kodama bro. Found out I missed the little man right at the beginning of the mission, so that was an easy get.

Not gonna lie, I was about to scream if they were gonna pull some kinda From Soft 3 phase bull**** on that last one. Just opened up Afterglow, gonna finish up side quests in the other Regions before I move onto the quest there.

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 31, 2020 at 02:51 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 03:49 AM   #232
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah, I think I had the Hunter boon on, wore a Kodama bowl hat that increased boon effect, and a kodama soul that boosted boon effect, and whatever else I had that boosted item chance as well when I was farming stuff.
I farmed the guy for the smithing text for an hour last night. Read up on it a bit more after and the text only drops in NG+ or beyond, and it's later game.

Quote:
Well, just cleared the third Mission about 15 minutes ago. Had to redo part of the mission because I missed a kodama bro. Found out I missed the little man right at the beginning of the mission, so that was an easy get.

Not gonna lie, I was about to scream if they were gonna pull some kinda From Soft 3 phase bull**** on that last one. Just opened up Afterglow, gonna finish up side quests in the other Regions before I move onto the quest there.
That bastard had me cussing up a storm. Small health pool, but he has to be the most annoying enemy in the entire late game. I thought the same thing about a phase 3
Old Mar 31, 2020, 06:49 AM   #233
Lazy8s
One day at a time

FYI dojo missions also have rare skill drops. Hanzo drops Storm of Strikes, in the Like Lightening Tonfa dojo mission.

The problem is that beating him is ridiculousy time consuming. I'm not sure about other weapons skill drops.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:29 PM   #234
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Well, credits rolled about an hour ago. Good stuff. Feel like I missed a little never having gotten through Nioh 1 DLC, but thems the breaks. Just need to mop up stuff in two regions now. Have one duel that I'm guessing unlocks another duel, the quests locked behind dual blades, and I have to hunt myself down some Onmyo mages to unlock another. Yay.

Then it's either start NG+ or.... do a Skill/Ninjitsu build, or Onmyo build. Decisions, decisions.

Hey, saw this over on Reddit.

A hahahaha, get dunked on Shibata.
Also, increased drop rates on smithing texts and skills. Yay!

Last edited by YellowBeard : Mar 31, 2020 at 12:43 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:45 PM   #235
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Congratz Yellowbeard! Feels good doesn't it? I love that ending btw.

prequel becomes present day becomes sequel

I thought that was just brilliant.

And we can both say we kicked Shibata's arse pre-patch

I'm getting my Tonfas back out - going full tonfa/ninjitsu for the rest of the NG+ run....until it hurts too badly that is lol.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 04:42 PM   #236
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Congratz Yellowbeard! Feels good doesn't it? I love that ending btw.

prequel becomes present day becomes sequel

I thought that was just brilliant.

And we can both say we kicked Shibata's arse pre-patch

I'm getting my Tonfas back out - going full tonfa/ninjitsu for the rest of the NG+ run....until it hurts too badly that is lol.
When it cut to our boy William jumping out of the boat. :3 That's the good stuff. Was all ready for Nioh 3 after those missions, but realized we still have 3 regions of DLC coming up.

That we can! Although it is nice for others if it was the grapple that they toned down. That little grappling bastard was the boss that gave me the hardest time. I still haven't unlocked fighting him again. I have his, and the dual swords one left. For that I need 10k dual swords exp, and for Shibata I apparently need to rerun two missions to get it to unlock. Oof. Ended up running through the Mount Tenno one to get the Mages down and found out once you hit end, divine starts dropping even from NG missions. Got a little baby level 85 divine fire Odachi. Also Sudama exchange divine weapons at level as well in NG, so that was good to find out. Sacrificed a divine sword for science on that one.

Got both other chars started if I want to go try out those builds. Also on the Kusarigama user I just used my fists for the first part of the first mission. Got the first Enki down to about 25% before he finished me off. It takes forever. I don't think I'm crazy enough for that quite yet. Oh well, break time!

Old Mar 31, 2020, 06:21 PM   #237
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
When it cut to our boy William jumping out of the boat. :3 That's the good stuff. Was all ready for Nioh 3 after those missions, but realized we still have 3 regions of DLC coming up.

That we can! Although it is nice for others if it was the grapple that they toned down. That little grappling bastard was the boss that gave me the hardest time. I still haven't unlocked fighting him again. I have his, and the dual swords one left. For that I need 10k dual swords exp, and for Shibata I apparently need to rerun two missions to get it to unlock. Oof. Ended up running through the Mount Tenno one to get the Mages down and found out once you hit end, divine starts dropping even from NG missions. Got a little baby level 85 divine fire Odachi. Also Sudama exchange divine weapons at level as well in NG, so that was good to find out. Sacrificed a divine sword for science on that one.

Got both other chars started if I want to go try out those builds. Also on the Kusarigama user I just used my fists for the first part of the first mission. Got the first Enki down to about 25% before he finished me off. It takes forever. I don't think I'm crazy enough for that quite yet. Oh well, break time!
I might go back to some NG levels for divine gear. I've been farming NG+ level revs for gear and I'm getting some nice drops, but I also die a bit. They're not the joke they were in the first game

On starting the new characters, are you just itching for a different NG experience or looking for different buildouts? You can save multiple builds in the hut now. I Love that feature! I'm gearing up to try the glaive again, but I can save my tonfa build for later too
Old Mar 31, 2020, 07:36 PM   #238
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I might go back to some NG levels for divine gear. I've been farming NG+ level revs for gear and I'm getting some nice drops, but I also die a bit. They're not the joke they were in the first game

On starting the new characters, are you just itching for a different NG experience or looking for different buildouts? You can save multiple builds in the hut now. I Love that feature! I'm gearing up to try the glaive again, but I can save my tonfa build for later too
Different NG experiences, just switching with the book doesn't really give me the experience of playing it up. Also, books aren't free.

Old Mar 31, 2020, 07:47 PM   #239
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Different NG experiences, just switching with the book doesn't really give me the experience of playing it up. Also, books aren't free.
I'm kind of a NG replay junkie myself. I had the worst time with Dark Souls 1 because of that lol.

I'm going to build up my NG+ gal a bit more, then probably see if I can make a guy that looks a little like me FightinCowboy actually got his character to look a little like him...could be fun watching me getting my arse kicked all over lol.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 07:17 AM   #240
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I started a new character because of you Yellowbeard What a difference after learning all the game's quirks and mechanics. One death in the entire first area and that was clearly me being greedy.

Katanas are boring.
Odachi is OP.

Spears though.. spears gonna get me killed learning them.