Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jul 23, 2018, 09:40 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I don't think the 1180's are going to come out this year after reading about the memory shortages.

Then there is this overstock....

https://ethereumworldnews.com/nvidia...rest-dwindles/

Thing is most people who wanted a 10xx series card for gaming will have gotten one by now, unless they do some really deep price cuts, they aren't going to get much more sales. (or if crypto picks back up in a big way)

While introducing a new lineup of higher performance cards will lead to people upgrading from existing cards.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:27 AM   #212
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
Thing is most people who wanted a 10xx series card for gaming will have gotten one by now, unless they do some really deep price cuts, they aren't going to get much more sales. (or if crypto picks back up in a big way)

While introducing a new lineup of higher performance cards will lead to people upgrading from existing cards.
true I think they will have to eat them they banked on mining and got burned .

1080 has been out 2+ years and the 1080 ti well over a year and mining didn't really start on nv hardware big till about last October so a lot of gamers bought before they went nuts

I would only buy a second 1080 ti strix if it was 450 or less at this point the way sli is now
I would buy two vega 64's first as they are freesync and will do vrr before buying a second 1080 ti now
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:28 AM   #213
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

There are 1170 benchmark leaks making the rounds... not sure if legit but it is beating the 1080Ti by a tad in 3DMark.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:35 AM   #214
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
There are 1170 benchmark leaks making the rounds... not sure if legit but it is beating the 1080Ti by a tad in 3DMark.
that would put the 1180 15% to 25% faster at most

i'll wait in the 1180 ti unless it will do hdmi 2.1 and vrr

their 4400 buck BFGD is just nuts for not oled, a 65" hdmi 2.1 vrr tv will be 2k or less and a 55" 1400 next year
Old Jul 24, 2018, 09:34 AM   #215
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
Hey look, someone with a 1080ti and an xbox one x. But why would he ever buy that? If you have a 1080ti, there's no reason in the world to game on a console.
KAC buys 1080Ti's just for mining (bought 8 I believe, at above MSRP during the mining craze) and thus is restricted to console gaming because he refuses to use his 1080Tis for gaming purposes. And last time he posted in the mining thread he is still in the negative. So yeah, typical example.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2018, 01:05 PM   #216
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
KAC buys 1080Ti's just for mining (bought 8 I believe, at above MSRP during the mining craze) and thus is restricted to console gaming because he refuses to use his 1080Tis for gaming purposes. And last time he posted in the mining thread he is still in the negative. So yeah, typical example.
Console peasants farm cryptoharvests for the lord of the manor; it is the natural order of things.
GTwannabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2018, 02:06 PM   #217
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Hi guys, I game at night. I can’t see the difference in IQ vs PC on a 65 4K screen but HDR is nice. My king size bed is nice. X1X at 4K is nice. So yeah I will be playing RDR 2, Ass Creed Odyssey, Shadow of Tomb Raider, FH4, Spider Man and Anthem on my console thank you. You guys keep measuring your dicks. For Odyssey I may even double dip.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2018, 02:24 PM   #218
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’ll be shocked if 1180 is a 4K card.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 06:09 PM   #219
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

PM is a great invention.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 07:01 PM   #220
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
that would put the 1180 15% to 25% faster at most

i'll wait in the 1180 ti unless it will do hdmi 2.1 and vrr

their 4400 buck BFGD is just nuts for not oled, a 65" hdmi 2.1 vrr tv will be 2k or less and a 55" 1400 next year
About 25% faster would put it close to on par with 1080 vs 980 Ti. 1080 looked a bit faster than that on paper, but most 980 Tis overclocked by a lot, whereas the 1080 didn't, so the difference was actually smaller in practice.

I don't think expecting more than a 25-30% boost at most is likely.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2018, 07:40 PM   #221
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
About 25% faster would put it close to on par with 1080 vs 980 Ti. 1080 looked a bit faster than that on paper, but most 980 Tis overclocked by a lot, whereas the 1080 didn't, so the difference was actually smaller in practice.

I don't think expecting more than a 25-30% boost at most is likely.
I expect it to be 10% to 20% slower in gaming than the 3000 buck Volta Titan V and a 800 buck MSRP
Old Jul 24, 2018, 10:58 PM   #222
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
You might want to check a newer review:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages...review,12.html

The 1080 was 30% faster than a 980Ti at launch. There's always a bigger jump in performance when a new architecture is involved. Of course this is all speculation until we see an 1180.
1080 was not faster than 980 Ti at launch lol.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:06 PM   #223
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Yes it was. Including overclocked 980Ti's.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/10325...tion-review/19

Heck, even you said it was

Quote:
Latest HOCP review shows the 1080 boning the 980 Ti OC by about 30% consistently. Need to order dem 1080s. 30% is about right for an upgrade.

HOT DAMN!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:33 PM   #224
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

yes it was

but the Volta Titan V is only about 30% over the 1080 ti and they will not kill a 3000 buck card for the mid range 1180 .

even if they have to sandbag it in drivers and open it up later if they need to
Old Jul 24, 2018, 11:47 PM   #225
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Lel...
Old Jul 25, 2018, 05:16 AM   #226
KAC
That postcount though...

Missed the percentage in my response. I wanted to say it was not 25% faster than 980 Ti at launch. In SLi I saw 15-20% gains OC to OC. With single card it was more like 10%.

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...&postcount=184
Old Jul 25, 2018, 07:18 AM   #227
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

https://www.anandtech.com/show/10325...tion-review/19

It was about 25% faster if not more over a 980ti.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2018, 07:21 AM   #228
Megaman
Packing heat!

It was actually 30%
Old Jul 25, 2018, 07:48 AM   #229
KAC
That postcount though...

No it wasn’t OC to OC. My 1080s were at 2050 core when I benched them against my 980 Ti classifieds that I don’t remember what they were smoking.

You guys really need to learn how to read. I think at 980 Ti default it maybe 25%.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 07:57 AM   #230
Megaman
Packing heat!

30%, KAC, 30%!

It’s about 28% faster than the Titan X
Old Jul 25, 2018, 08:31 AM   #231
KAC
That postcount though...

You ****ing peasants reading shitty websites like Anand and making decisions. I buy shite and see it for myself. Keep nibbling on the dicks you like to give false sense of superiority on the internet.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 09:56 AM   #232
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Shitty sites like Anand ... lmao what. Yeah real peasants because we look at reviews before spending hundreds of dollars.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:52 AM   #233
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
You ****ing peasants reading shitty websites like Anand and making decisions. I buy shite and see it for myself. Keep nibbling on the dicks you like to give false sense of superiority on the internet.
what you or anyone gets OC to OC does not count only stock clocks to stock clocks .

as every card is different when it comes to overclocks
Old Jul 25, 2018, 11:31 AM   #234
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef View Post
PM is a great invention.

Exposed & Jimjobob - take it to PM guys
Old Jul 25, 2018, 02:11 PM   #235
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post

Exposed & Jimjobob - take it to PM guys

and Kac, it was 30%.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 25, 2018, 02:14 PM   #236
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post

and Kac, it was 30%.
Not sure where you get 30% from when I deleted a couple dozen posts of theirs and only saw a couple KAC posts in between
Old Jul 25, 2018, 02:14 PM   #237
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
what you or anyone gets OC to OC does not count only stock clocks to stock clocks .

as every card is different when it comes to overclocks
Old Jul 25, 2018, 02:17 PM   #238
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Not sure where you get 30% from when I deleted a couple dozen posts of theirs and only saw a couple KAC posts in between
THe 30% was meant towards KAC and the belief that the 980ti was equal to the 1080.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 02:22 PM   #239
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
THe 30% was meant towards KAC and the belief that the 980ti was equal to the 1080.
Ah
Old Jul 25, 2018, 02:35 PM   #240
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Pretty much every review site had a GTX 1080 still beating overclocked 980Ti's but a decent margin.

The only reason KAC saw a measly 10% improvement was because he was bottlenecking his 1080's by running a cheap motherboard with 800 Mhz memory or some other user error.

I went from 980Ti SLI to GTX 1080 SLI and saw a huge improvement myself, and that was with the Founder Editions:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showpost...9&postcount=63