Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:17 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
YES!

YES! is still being judged by the masses

Default DVI specific problem?

Hi, I tried to do a search and see if this topic was addressed. Sorry if this is noob question but I'm having weird loss of signal issues whenever I use my DVI connection. My setup

Shuttle SN25P v2.0
AMD 64 3200+
ATI x700 XT
2gig OCZ Plat Ed
Samsung 910T // Mitsubishi 900u
Windows XP SP2 // Catalyst 6.2

I'm using the latest nVidia chipset drivers as well Envy audio drivers.

I was using my system for a couple of weeks with no video problems using my Mitsubishi 900u monitor (I was using ATI tray by Ray Adams with half life game profile). I recently decided to hook up my 910T using the DVI connection (since then I've uninstalled ATI tray by Ray Adams). I've had no problems with this very monitor and vid card in my old system.

Since that time, I keep getting loss of signal issues - the screen would flash off as if the computer was shutting down or going into hibernation and then come back (over and over). This is only an issue with the DVI connection. When I use the VGA analog cables, I have no problems. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on. As far as I can surmise, there is no problem with the video card or the monitor.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 04:15 AM   #2
anti_spam

anti_spam is still being judged by the masses

Default X700 blanks out after reboot

i have a similar problem and found a workaround:

changes before problem appeared:
I replaced my old analog monitor (Sony Multiscan 420GS) - which worked perfectly with x700 before it was gone - with ViewSonic VX-924 (digital connection).

problem:
Gigabyte ATI X700 blanks out 30 seconds after normal booting.

additional information:
the new monitor works fine with other systems. Thats why i upgraded the ati-drivers to the latest version (6.3). but the problem resists.

workaround:
i found a workaround for this problem, but it doesnt satisfy me: i can restore the signal by the following procedure:
1. booting
2. waiting for the blank out
3. press keys for entering standby-mode (windows key, cursor up key, 2x return key)
4. wake up by pressing any other key

after the wake-up everything works fine again.

does anybody have a more comfortable solution to this problem?