Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:55 PM   #781
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Game like dope, Gais! Stop your bitching and questions and play the damn game the way it should be.....like I did all your mums last night!
Mega gay you got enlightened.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:52 PM   #782
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
I just don't understand the VERY unclear level requirements for missions, and even mission PROGRESSIONS within. In every single other assassins creed (other than 3 or the "modern" european ones which I never played), I never HAD to do every single side mission, OR purposefully have to grind my level up to this extent where I literally hit a brick wall that shouldn't be there once I'm in the MIDDLE of a mission), which COME OUT OF NOWHERE and is super jarring since now I can't do a mission I'm supposed to be high enough for...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I have some screens to explain what I mean.

I'm level 34

I wish to do mission "The Conqueror", for which the requirement seems to be level 34.

OK. The mission requires me to kill some dudes. First two were at 34. Great!
Drakon (for some ****ing reason they listed all the people you need to kill separately) for some reason is level 38?!?! ****ing why?!?! His mission (the one under the umbrella of level 34 requirement?!?!) says he should be 36 (which is wrong in itself)?

I don't even wanna know what level Nesaia was at. My point is not that the enemies are too hard. Hard enemies are great. I just don't understand why the STARTING OVERALL mission says level 34, OR, when it says the mission is for level 36, there's a level 38 enemy.

But the other big problem is just how ****ing cluttered the mission screen is. I'm level 34 but I have so many game-long max level missions? This is what I'm talking about:

Why are those missions the first thing I ****ing see? I want the main story missions first, and then secondary missions. The end-game-kill-all-cultists-explore-all-caves-kill-everyone missions need to only come up at the very end. I have 19 ****ing missions there in total! WTF!!

If I need to do specific side missions, great! Direct me to which I should do. I'm just following the story, with the correct level requirement, and then suddenly an enemy pops up in the middle of the mission which is way too high.

Remember the whole Minotaur ****? He was like 8 levels above me when I got to the door of the labyrinth... SOOOO when I get to that level, am I supposed to just ditch the mission I'm on and go fight him even though it has nothing to do with my mission I was on? Is this the first Assassins Creed game with MULTIPLE main story missions going on at the same time? The other games felt like they had way less.
Forget the cultist missions for now. Each island has a recommended minimum level; finish all the side quests on an island before moving on to another. Once you hit level 50, go back and kill the cultists.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 02:22 PM   #783
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Forget the cultist missions for now. Each island has a recommended minimum level; finish all the side quests on an island before moving on to another. Once you hit level 50, go back and kill the cultists.
This.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 23, 2019, 02:24 PM   #784
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I did a lot of the cultists as I was going and at the end probably went back to finish 10 or so off to 100 percent the main story progression in the UBI menu.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2019, 03:14 PM   #785
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
The problem i was having wasn't with the ISLAND minimum/max levels, which are clear enough level, but with the missions, and follow-up missions within that tree...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2019, 02:15 PM   #786
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
The problem i was having wasn't with the ISLAND minimum/max levels, which are clear enough level, but with the missions, and follow-up missions within that tree...
That's why you should focus on side quests until level 50. When you hit 50 enemies stop spawning above your current level.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2019, 09:06 PM   #787
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I think I'm gonna tap out. It's the same thing again but with different shapes to climb.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2019, 01:22 PM   #788
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I guess I'm burning out on this one as I'm probably only and hour and a half into the last DLC. I will get through it and probably be done with it. Just passed 150 hours.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 01:42 PM   #789
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I guess I'm burning out on this one as I'm probably only and hour and a half into the last DLC. I will get through it and probably be done with it. Just passed 150 hours.
I'm liking Hades a lot more than Elysium.

yoz
Old Jul 27, 2019, 01:32 PM   #790
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

level 46 or 47. only have like 4 or 5 cultists left. the level 50 ones...
Old Jul 27, 2019, 04:50 PM   #791
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Yeah, Atlantis is beautiful but man do the FPS go down!

yoz
Old Jul 27, 2019, 07:32 PM   #792
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I decided to use a cheat table to disable level scaling in the game - doesn't affect merc's. I very much dislike level scaling in anything that I play. Have it disabled in witcher 3 also.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 09:17 PM   #793
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Yeah, Atlantis is beautiful but man do the FPS go down!
Well I just did a 5 hour marathon on the last DLC, I'm done. I could keep going but there isn't much point. 156 hours. Just about everything but a few spots on my ship upgraded. Having the Armor set given in the last DLC made finishing at the end quite easy. At level 77 with everything legendary upgraded to 77. It was probably the shortest of all the DLC at probably 7 or 8 hours. Was very much worth the $26 I paid for it from the UBI sale.
I didn't care much for the transport mechanic in the last few DLC's, I just ended up climbing everything, Didn't use one of those transports once in the last DLC.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 09:18 PM   #794
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I decided to use a cheat table to disable level scaling in the game - doesn't affect merc's. I very much dislike level scaling in anything that I play. Have it disabled in witcher 3 also.
I believe that will make it extra boring. with out the level scaling I dont see much fun in it when you get so over powered.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:05 PM   #795
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Boning the last DLC. Trying to be done this month to make MNB’s list.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:47 PM   #796
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
I believe that will make it extra boring. with out the level scaling I dont see much fun in it when you get so over powered.
I certainly can understand that. However its one of the most requested features that people want the option to adjust in the game.

Update: I did not realize that a patch already added the ability to change level scaling in-game.

default: content will be set according to the selected difficulty level.
heavy: content will stay at your level.
medium: content can fall up to two levels behind your level.
light: content can fall up to four levels behind your level.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:24 AM   #797
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

finished all the main stories (cult, home, and Atlantis) at level 50. finished arena. didn't finish all the hunting missions or the viewpoints... i don't think i'll be getting the dlc but haven't decided yet. i guess compared to origins/black flag/good old games i'm a little disappointed but it was still money well spent... 65 hrs is a little low for an assassins creed game but it's still a lot.

The good:
  • Graphics: game looks great. hard to tell if better than Origins but definitely very good. I also loved how the different helmets looked. They were very creative with some of them...
  • Voice: some of the voice acting I thought was on par with the best out there. the weird accents etc have been sketchy in the past in AC but for the most part this was done well.
  • Combat: I thought it was fine. I liked how easy it was to use the different abilities. And I loved the designs of some of the forts.

The bad:
  • The story: The biggest flaw is just how weak the story was. I'm not sure exactly why it was so forgettable but I think it was a combination of too much dialogue/cutscenes, weird face animations, too many characters with somewhat similar sounding names (other than the historical figures), and having several stories going on at the same time. By 50% I was skipping almost all of the dialogue because it was so boring and sometimes repetitive and VERY predictable
  • The war: This was a GIANT flaw I thought. It seemed like there was almost no, or just no, consequences for siding with either Sparta or Athens in the weaken-area-and-then-do-a-conquest-battle mechanic. In fact, you could fight for Sparta in one area and then go into the neighbor one and fight for Athens. What ****ing difference does it make? In fact, some missions make it necessary to do that... And it seemingly had no difference with how the main story went... It would be cool if you had to pick one side, for example, at the start, or something.
  • The ship combat was SO shallow and uninteresting. Almost no strategy required. The enemy epic ships seemed to be no harder than regular ones...
  • A couple minor things: I thought the enemies-dropping-weapons-as-loot thing was very stupid. I probably spent more time in my inventory just scrapping useless weapons as I did playing. Surprisingly, I thought the viewpoints were quite uninteresting, and turned into more of a chore. The vast majority of them were either traditional Greek temple shaped or a branch. Wtf? There were some very cool giant statues but not enough imo. Finally, the free running mechanic would be very glitchy in this game. My character would often get stuck or stop on nothing which was annoying and ruined the flow. I think it had to do with weird shaped/height rocks. On buildings it was great.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:30 AM   #798
KAC
That postcount though...

Story was one of the best in series. How can you fault the story?
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:53 AM   #799
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
This. Bob is too gay.

yoz
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:02 PM   #800
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Story was SO uninteresting. Bayek's, Etzio's and Kenway's story way less gay. Literally
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:20 PM   #801
KAC
That postcount though...

Gay play through the DLC. I can’t wait for the ending. It is so interesting what will happen now. Also you are really missing out of Kassandra if you don’t play the DLC.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 01:01 PM   #802
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Story was SO uninteresting. Bayek's, Etzio's and Kenway's story way less gay. Literally
Just quit gaming.

yoz
Old Jul 28, 2019, 05:08 PM   #803
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Bob is in here bashing the game just to earn free cock slaps.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 06:12 PM   #804
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Bob is in here bashing the game just to earn free cock slaps.

yoz
Old Jul 28, 2019, 07:01 PM   #805
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Maybe I’m not a dialogue-tree kinda person. I remember hating them in mass effect
Old Aug 1, 2019, 05:29 AM   #806
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This DLC is tanking me frames severely.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 08:37 AM   #807
KAC
That postcount though...

Finished the game. An absolute blast. Time to uninstall.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 08:40 AM   #808
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
This DLC is tanking me frames severely.
Ya, Atlantis is tough on the FPS.

yoz
Old Aug 6, 2019, 06:34 PM   #809
Megaman
Packing heat!

I'm going to have to overclock my 8700K back to 4.9Ghz and my GTX 1080 to about 2050 mhz in order to net me another 5 FPS to run this shizzle decently.

Old Aug 6, 2019, 07:15 PM   #810
acroig
Master Troll

Unreal

Quote:
I'm going to have to overclock my 8700K back to 4.9Ghz and my GTX 1080 to about 2050 mhz in order to net me another 5 FPS to run this shizzle decently.

And this is the real reason I upgraded my rig. Atlantis pulls my FPS to the mid 60's. Your monitor is aching for a 2000 series card.

yoz