Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » AMD Fusion, Integrated and Mobility Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Fusion, Integrated and Mobility Support Discussion and technical support forum for AMD integrated and mobility graphics platforms including Accelerated Processing Units, Netbooks, Ultra Portables, Notebooks, HTPC and SFF.

Old Jan 23, 2014, 03:32 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
dampflokfreund
Radeon R200

dampflokfreund is still being judged by the masses

Default Crappy Dual Graphics

Hello,

my laptop does support Dual Graphics, but it works horrible. If you want to know it exactly, it doesn't work. Either the game isn't even enabling Dual Graphics ( Crysis 3, BF4, Metro etc) or Dual Graphics is a stuttery mess and not playable at all (Sleeping Dogs, 3DMark) Allthough it gains A LOT of a better score in 3D Mark (1900 to 2800) but the displayed image is still a stuttery mess.

Of course I tried to apply the good crossfire profile of 3DMark to the games which aren't enabling Dual Graphics, but then it's a stuttery mess too, goes from 28 FPS to 40 FPS in seconds and back (30 stable FPS with HD 8750m alone)

So basically I can't use Dual Graphics at all even though it has a great potential. I know Dual Graphics between two different architecture is a bit complex but c'mon it's a praised feature from AMD and I want to usw it. Don't get me wrong I'm happy with the power that my dedicated 8750m delivers but if there's such a great improvement, why not optimize it so I can take advantage from it? And my integrated APU is not bad at all at gaming so... see what I'm saying?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:43 PM   #2
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What drivers are you using? So you have 2 8750m cards? Are you using the 8750m and the on chip GPU in crossfire?
Old Jan 25, 2014, 03:11 AM   #3
dampflokfreund
Radeon R200

dampflokfreund is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
What drivers are you using? So you have 2 8750m cards? Are you using the 8750m and the on chip GPU in crossfire?
13.12 WHQL.

No, I use Dual Graphics which is APU (8550g)+ HD 8750m
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad