Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:54 AM   #4921
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
Can you right-click on the game in Origin? See if there is a Repair Install option as this might work if it's available.
yea i tried that, and there are no option like repair isntall or anything like that.

only thing i can select when right clicking on bf icon from origin. is install or detail.....
CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png
wc326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:18 PM   #4922
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

wc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultywc326 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

finaly got it working.

i had to rename a file from origin/battlefield3 bf3.par to bf3.exe inorder to let origin to update my game.

spent the last 4 hours fixing this, guess dice really have no idea on what they are doing.

how in a world i have to rename a file inorder to get the update to work......

and now i get the other issue with dx error. #[email protected]$#@[email protected]

Last edited by wc326 : Nov 22, 2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:26 PM   #4923
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
Crashed, then crashed again.

Good one DICE...
Same here. It behaves like a beta still.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:41 PM   #4924
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Nissan View Post
Same here. It behaves like a beta still.
i need a refund for this game.. it just doesn't work.

dx11 error.

Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:58 PM   #4925
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

so i decided to play the game again today after a break of 2 weeks. autobalance failed to work in all 6-7 matches and every match ended with a huge disparity in the teams. maybe i got unlucky with servers or something, but it's really not very fun to play like this, even if you are on the winning team. and in the losing team it's just aggravating.

then we come to this patch. earlier players used to get dumped into a squad by default, so you always had populated squads. now the player has to manually join a squad the first time they enter the server, or they will remain without a squad. what this translates to in the game is that there are 2-4 squads with players in them, and half the team is not in a squad at all. it's really, really stupid to see 12 people in a side not in a squad... this is battlefield ffs, what the hell are those guys doing? instead of fixing the dumbass squad system, dice made it even worse.

also, where the hell are the nerfs for the tac light and the irnv and all that? are they ever going to restrict the unlimited ammo for mortar strikes? what the **** is this patch supposed to do anyway?

Last edited by spindoctor : Nov 22, 2011 at 01:01 PM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:59 PM   #4926
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
so i decided to play the game again today after a break of 2 weeks. autobalance failed to work in all 6-7 matches and every match ended with a huge disparity in the teams. maybe i got unlucky with servers or something, but it's really not very fun to play like this, even if you are on the winning team. and in the losing team it's just aggravating.

then we come to this patch. earlier players used to get dumped into a squad by default, so you always had populated squads. now the player has to manually join a squad the first time they enter the server, or they will remain without a squad. what this translates to in the game is that there are 2-4 squads with players in them, and half the team is not in a squad at all. it's really, really stupid to see 12 people in a side not in a squad... this is battlefield ffs, what the hell are they doing? instead of fixing the dumbass squad system, they made it even worse.

also, where the hell are the nerfs for the tac light and the irnv and all that? are they ever going to restrict the unlimited ammo for mortar strikes? what the **** is this patch supposed to do any way?
Boost helicopters and jets.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 01:01 PM   #4927
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

it kinda doesn't surprise me there are no big changes. that will come with the DLC
Old Nov 22, 2011, 01:01 PM   #4928
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

and didn't even fix the issue with direct x when launching the game.....

Old Nov 22, 2011, 01:35 PM   #4929
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Posted this in the rage3d server thread, figured I would post here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Fallout Servers
BF3 version R9 seems to still have most of the crash bugs that R8 had, and Battlelog is frequently dropping servers from being shown, on top of this, due to problems on the EA web side of things. All hosts are reporting these problems, with the issues acknowledged by EA/DICE, and we are currently awaiting fix ETAs from them.

We're also seeing a lot of customer concern about the new hardcoded 4 players to start and idle limit. We and other RSPs have been providing this same feedback to DICE.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:18 PM   #4930
lee63
Radeon R300

lee63 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
i need a refund for this game.. it just doesn't work.

dx11 error.
Are you getting the Vram error, I'm getting it with 2gb cards.

lee63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 03:52 PM   #4931
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Game manager tells me theres an update so I click the update button, I'm just taken to a page in the origin client to purchase BF3. Whats going on here? How can I get this updated?

Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:10 PM   #4932
CompuGeek
Rage3D Veteran

CompuGeek is still being judged by the masses

restart origin and then it will auto install

AMD Build
Windows 10 ENT
Gigabyte 990FX UD3R
AMD FX 9370
2x4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 (Evega)
Samsung Evo 850 256GB SSD

Intel Build
Corsair Obsidian 250D (Modded out Bronner Style)
Evega 700 Watt Modular PSU
Evega Z97 Stinger Core 3D
I7 4790K
16GB COrsair DDR3 1600Mhz
500GB Samsung Evo 850
NVidia GTX 980Ti - Evega

CompuGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:38 PM   #4933
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc326 View Post
and didn't even fix the issue with direct x when launching the game.....
A couple things you can still try:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist
and run dxsetup.exe there.

If this doesn't fix it, then try right-click on the BF3.exe and try setting compatibility mode (Windows XP) and see if it launches for you.

I've been reading people that may have used proxies to activate the game early have been encountering this issue and it's from something wrong applied prior from a regional error.

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 04:58 PM   #4934
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Went home for lunch and tried the game out for a round.

my thoughts:

What the hell.....

Never crashed in a round, but it felt so lack luster from before the patch. I was on an HC server and it felt like I was on a normal server. It took an extremely long time to load the game, kept going from pitch black screen to loding...to pitch black screen and back again. Getting blasted by a tank and taking zero damage, getting shot at from all angles and not taking damage just the cover fire crap and it takes even more bullets to kill others.

They really screwed this patch up pretty bad and I got that from playing one simple round on a low ping server.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 06:27 PM   #4935
McCrash
Radeon R520

McCrash is still being judged by the masses

Question

Need a little help with the 'e' interact useage. It doesn't seem to work all the time. How do you use the 'e' and 'mouse' when fighting an 'npc'?
McCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:39 PM   #4936
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Um the game flashes up on the bottom of the screen which button to press, might be E, might be left mouse click, might be a few other keys. Just press it when it comes up?
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2011, 11:58 PM   #4937
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Game runs fine, weapon damages are fine in normal mode and its very easy to kill people like MoH, game doesnt crash, game updates fine.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:20 AM   #4938
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
A couple things you can still try:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist
and run dxsetup.exe there.

If this doesn't fix it, then try right-click on the BF3.exe and try setting compatibility mode (Windows XP) and see if it launches for you.

I've been reading people that may have used proxies to activate the game early have been encountering this issue and it's from something wrong applied prior from a regional error.
i got the game 4 days ago, and it is a dvd rom version.

i tried all of those, but just didnt' use the compatibiliy mode win xp one.. won't that disable dx11 tototally?

Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:25 AM   #4939
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
game doesnt crash
It's already crashed on me post-patch and a friend of mine experiences crashes every time the round ends and a new map starts to load. He's even updated his drivers and is still having the same problems. My game doesn't crash near as often as his, but it does occur every now and then. Something can't be right.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:40 AM   #4940
wc326
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
It's already crashed on me post-patch and a friend of mine experiences crashes every time the round ends and a new map starts to load. He's even updated his drivers and is still having the same problems. My game doesn't crash near as often as his, but it does occur every now and then. Something can't be right.
They are selling Origin in beta. and BF3 in beta for full retail price..

this is getting insane. that i can't even run the game after patch

Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:48 AM   #4941
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Thats odd, it doesnt crash on this temporary system and it didnt crash on my main gaming rig either, which is being upgraded atm.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:33 AM   #4942
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

Dunno why you guys are having so many problems, i patched and played for about 4 hours with no problems.
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 02:36 AM   #4943
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
Dunno why you guys are having so many problems, i patched and played for about 4 hours with no problems.
The Battlelog forums are absolutely full of complaints, so it definitely isn't just us. I don't experience crashes very often, either, whereas my friend's game crashes literally every time a new map starts to load. It crashes like crazy on some configurations and just every now and then or not at all on others. I would love to know just what the hell is going on and why the stability is so inconsistent.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 04:45 AM   #4944
McCrash
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Um the game flashes up on the bottom of the screen which button to press, might be E, might be left mouse click, might be a few other keys. Just press it when it comes up?

But do you have to hold it down? And as far as the mouse goes the icon shows no button to push or use.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 05:46 AM   #4945
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrash View Post
But do you have to hold it down? And as far as the mouse goes the icon shows no button to push or use.
Just press the button once, the mouse icon will have the button highlighted 9/10 times its the left mouse button. Again just click it once.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 06:00 AM   #4946
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Also had crashes (prior-patch). Haven't tested the game yet after this new patch
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 07:38 AM   #4947
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

I had 1 crash in game and 2 crashes on load in with the message "Battlefield exe stopped working". This was over the span of about 3 hours. It's the same for me post patch and pre patch pretty much. It's not horrible or unplayable, but it is annoying. Helicopters really seemed to kill me much quicker now when on the ground.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 08:53 AM   #4948
Sharkfood
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Sharkfood is still being judged by the masses

My experience mirrors RSViper, but things have gotten much better for me since the "black screen on load" is indeed gone for me and I used to get those a couple times per hour when joining a new game.

I used to get:
* Battlefield has stopped working on joining a new game.
* Switch to a solid black screen, requiring Task Manager/Kill bf3.exe when joining a new game.
* Very, very rarely- Battlefield has stopped working on map-change.

Now, just the first remains and haven't seen the map-change bug yet, but really haven't played enough to verify if it's gone yet since it was very rare (maybe 2-3 times a week I'd see it).

Don't spread my wealth, spread my work ethic.
3/21/2010 - R.I.P. Freedom, Democracy, America
Sharkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:56 AM   #4949
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
same w/ me. Game is smoother now, not as much stuttering. Runs smoth in a 64 player map w/ Ultra settings & 2xAA. sorry fellas, must be your setup. hope you guys can sort it out but you are in the minority, the majority of us it works fine and dont feel inclined to come on the forum and yell "THE GAME WORKS FINE. THANKS FOR DOING YOUR JOB DICE." People who have problems come on the forums to voice those problems, the majority of us who have it running fine just keep playing it.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 12:06 PM   #4950
McCrash
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Just press the button once, the mouse icon will have the button highlighted 9/10 times its the left mouse button. Again just click it once.

Thanks! I think my keyboard has a headache.