Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 8, 2015, 08:28 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default System Shock stuff. (System Shock Remake, Kickstarter/Demo Up!)

First, an article about the system shock 1 remake:

http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/25/98...first-look-art

Some neat before/after slides in that polygon piece.

And then there is this:

http://www.othersidetease.com/strawberry.php

Apparently a bunch of ex-looking glass team members are making a game called System Shock 3 or something like that.

0/10, not enough shootbang in any of those games.

Last edited by Mangler : Dec 8, 2015 at 09:24 AM.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2015, 08:42 AM   #2
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Admittedly I never played the first one, so I might be interested in this. I think I tried it back in the day at a friend's house but it was too tough to get into so I never got very far with it.

SS2 was incredible though, played through that one a few times.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:29 AM   #3
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wonder if they're going the kickstarter route for System Shock 3?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:16 AM   #4
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Nifty if done PC proper. If not, rats' asses in absolute vacuum couldn't care less.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 03:37 PM   #5
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I never played any of the SS games, so I'm looking forward to trying these out.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2015, 06:27 PM   #6
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

I have never played any System Shock, or Bioshock games.

Maybe I should.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2015, 06:36 PM   #7
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I never got far in System Shock 2, although I played it much later and didn't really know what I was doing.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:01 PM   #8
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
I have never played any System Shock, or Bioshock games.

Maybe I should.
Bioshock 1 and 2 are great, and I can also vouch for SS2 being absolutely excellent. It's the definitive "trapped on a derelict space ship" game.

It even holds up well today with a few visual enhancement mods. Just replayed it last year. Read up in the SS2 thread for info.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 03:07 PM   #9
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Not giving in to any hype, because I don't want them to **** anything up.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2015, 08:30 PM   #10
felikx
Rage3D Veteran

felikx is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
Not giving in to any hype, because I don't want them to **** anything up.
If it comes to consoles, it's ****ed.
Vive, MFG Crosswinds, Warthog
felikx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2015, 09:45 PM   #11
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's officially announced now. <le sigh> Can someone please pass the mashed potatoes now.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 08:29 AM   #12
Mangler
PC

Seems like some random dude joined this team, I think he's called Warren Spector.

http://www.pcgamer.com/warren-specto...ystem-shock-3/
Old Feb 19, 2016, 08:42 AM   #13
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

**** just got real.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 09:08 AM   #14
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Holy crap!

I really need to sit down and finish the first one. SS1 is amazingly difficult to figure out and complete.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:52 PM   #15
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
I never got far in System Shock 2, although I played it much later and didn't really know what I was doing.
SS2 was amazing minus the infinite monsters, extremely finite ammo, and guns that would break after 12 shots. Also, skill tree was broken in that the game would become unbeatable if you put too many points into underwater basket weaving when the mandatory puzzle required a high level in Peruvian macrame.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2016, 06:13 PM   #16
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The only game where monkeys still makes my spine chill.

And the music and sounds... It's one of the few games where EAX made a tremendous difference. Not just reverb, but bass and filtering.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 07:59 PM   #17
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

System Shock 1 Remastered gets Pre-Alpha gameplay footage and it looks GOOD

Quote:
A first person action RPG set aboard a space station in a cyberpunk vision of the year 2072, that even at the time of its release had a great 3D Engine, with physics and complex gameplay. As such it is a highly regarded collectors item, but it is nothing compared to what you about to see in the latest pre-alpha gameplay footage, from the developers Night Dive Studios for the System Shock Remaster powered by the Unity Engine!
http://www.indieretronews.com/2016/0...-gets-pre.html
Old Mar 14, 2016, 08:11 PM   #18
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

When the remaster comes out, I will try to play it.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2016, 08:17 PM   #19
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Kickstarter -> 2017?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 09:45 PM   #20
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Wow that gameplay footage was a lot more impressive than I was expecting.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 09:48 PM   #21
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I never played system shock 1 but based on SS2 looks nothing like i was expecting, looks darker, the robot and the monkey (at lest it looked like a monkey guy on the video) are totally different, perhaps is to early to judge but i can't say that video made me excited, i'm also afraid they will cut some stuff off, just because of the complexity that modern game development entails, but there's still room for hope.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2016, 04:49 AM   #22
H-Alien
Radeon Evergreen

H-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete strangerH-Alien once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Wow that gameplay footage was a lot more impressive than I was expecting.
agreed, maybe I should stop my system shock enhanced edition playthrough....
Old Mar 15, 2016, 09:22 AM   #23
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Admittedly I never played the first one, so I might be interested in this. I think I tried it back in the day at a friend's house but it was too tough to get into so I never got very far with it.

SS2 was incredible though, played through that one a few times.
System Shock 1 is superior to the sequel in most respects, but SS2 is a damn fine game too.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2016, 10:46 AM   #24
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I'm just going to wait for this remaster to play it.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 11:34 AM   #25
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ugg...its being made for Xbox1.

Go ahead and wait for the consolized version; I'm sure it will be as good as the original , in a "New Coke" kind of way.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 01:10 PM   #26
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks pretty good to me, regardless of platform.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2016, 12:05 PM   #27
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In case anyone is interested in a modded SS2 all working, I'm just going to leave this here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89...ew?usp=sharing

I haven't completed a 100% playthrough with it yet, but got to around 80% and didn't have any bugs with the mods.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2016, 02:31 PM   #28
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Looks pretty good to me, regardless of platform.
, can't wait!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2016, 02:37 PM   #29
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

The fact we have this AND System Shock 3 coming is pretty great.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 02:42 PM   #30
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
The fact we have this AND System Shock 3 coming is pretty great.
Totally!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote