Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:52 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arghuin
Nexus 6

Arghuin is still being judged by the masses

Default 177.40 drivers leaked...

Arghuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:11 PM   #2
JesterOnYer6
Banned

JesterOnYer6 is still being judged by the masses

Thats because they just got OWNED.
JesterOnYer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:14 PM   #3
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesteronyer6 View Post
Thats because they just got OWNED.

Not really, nVidia has been leaking and putting out new drivers alot lately.

Just got OWNED.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:25 PM   #4
JesterOnYer6
Banned

That would be because they knew what was coming and they wanted optimized drivers for the reviews the problem is the hardware didn't have what it takes to combat ATi's new chips. Nvidia is in deep shiat right now IMO they have pissed off Intel and AMD has no lost love for them either. The 8800 series gave them a false sense Of supremacy thus creating complacency nVidia has nothing but a GTX260 that will loose them money every time one is sold so they are raining drivers to try and get all the performance they can out of the 9800GTX which wont be enough what they need is a 55nm 200 series chip but who knows of that will be enough. AMD and Intel may just shut the door on them which leaves them with no ability to offer a multi card setup and no revenues from chipsets or IGP systems.

OWNED....
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:59 PM   #5
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That whole paragraph pretty much made no sense.

The 8800 series gave them a huge lead. it was a true sense of supremacy ,and the GTX280 is still no slouch. I dont get it, the 260 still isnt a bad card. How do you know its losing them money per sale? And btw, these drivers are 177 AKA GTX280 DRIVERS.

OWNED? Yes i'd say so. i have a 9800GX2 and it says i dont have the correct hardware to install it.

This isnt increasing 9 series performance if it doesnt support them. nVidia has been on a roll with drivers. there was a week where i had to reinstall about 4 times because there was a new leak almost every day. They are leakin em on purpose, and this was before the 280 even came out.

Shhhhh
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:08 PM   #6
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Dont mind Jester. Hes none too bright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:13 PM   #7
JesterOnYer6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Dont mind Jester. Hes none too bright.
LMAO its the NaziFactor
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:15 PM   #8
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

C'mon Jester; it's great what is going on with ATI, it truly is. Nice to see but to go on like this in this forum is becoming trolling! You're better than that!
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 07:24 PM   #9
JesterOnYer6
Banned

Aight your right.....
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:34 PM   #10
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

The difference between nVidia users and ATi users is... nVidia users have nothing to prove, at least not now. It will probably change with the upcoming cards however, ATi has some neat things going for it right now.

Take it as you wish but when I read people buying high end video cards I see people buying ATi only because of brand allegiance (ie: I buy it because I don't want ATi to die). This might change with the upcoming 4870 as they seem to pack quite some punch in them.

Really no one should be a fanboy of either, just buy what ever meets your needs.

From the 9800pro, to the 7800gtx, to the X1800XTX, to the 8800gtx and I am probably going to the 4870 or w/e next. It really doesn't make sense to me to defend nVidia or ATi.

As to Jester's comments, they fall on deaf ears the moment he says "nVidia is on big **** right now!" oh ... really now? Thats just trolling / flame bait.

Basically when the competition does well it doesnt mean the other is falling apart, all the contrary, competition generates evolution. It is something fanboys fail to see when they buy a card just for allegiance. If you keep supporting a product which you don't like they will keep on doing the same mistakes as they have no reason for change.

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.

Last edited by Dragex : Jun 25, 2008 at 08:39 PM.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 09:17 PM   #11
JesterOnYer6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragex View Post
The difference between nVidia users and ATi users is... nVidia users have nothing to prove, at least not now. It will probably change with the upcoming cards however, ATi has some neat things going for it right now.

Take it as you wish but when I read people buying high end video cards I see people buying ATi only because of brand allegiance (ie: I buy it because I don't want ATi to die). This might change with the upcoming 4870 as they seem to pack quite some punch in them.

Really no one should be a fanboy of either, just buy what ever meets your needs.

From the 9800pro, to the 7800gtx, to the X1800XTX, to the 8800gtx and I am probably going to the 4870 or w/e next. It really doesn't make sense to me to defend nVidia or ATi.

As to Jester's comments, they fall on deaf ears the moment he says "nVidia is on big **** right now!" oh ... really now? Thats just trolling / flame bait.

Basically when the competition does well it doesnt mean the other is falling apart, all the contrary, competition generates evolution. It is something fanboys fail to see when they buy a card just for allegiance. If you keep supporting a product which you don't like they will keep on doing the same mistakes as they have no reason for change.
I support the little man.... SEE

In the above picture you see the big 280 running from the little 4870.....

Last edited by JesterOnYer6 : Jun 25, 2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:32 PM   #12
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird singsBires knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesteronyer6 View Post
In the above picture you see the big 280 running from the little 4870.....
I'm pretty sure that's a picture of a sweaty little dude running after a sweaty fat dude. I don't see any video cards in that pic at all.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:33 AM   #13
Kowan
Older than dirt

Kowan is still being judged by the masses

Don't know if this is true, ATI falls for PhysX
Good news for gamers if so.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:45 AM   #14
spajdr
Bankrupt

spajdr is still being judged by the masses

These drivers add physX for other cards, but otherwise, slowest drivers for GTX 280 so far.
spajdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 04:29 AM   #15
sMashPiranha
Radeon Volcanic Islands

sMashPiranha is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowan View Post
Don't know if this is true, ATI falls for PhysX
Good news for gamers if so.
The source for that story was Fudzilla, then a few days later AMD announced a partnership with Havok, so... yea I duno.
sMashPiranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:38 AM   #16
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

these are old news already LOL

177.41 are out too even whql

Last edited by GanjaStar : Jun 26, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:54 PM   #17
Blasphemer
Radeon Northern Islands

Blasphemer is still being judged by the masses

I've got the 77.41's running on mine as we speak and it seems to have activated the Physx (or similar) processing hardware. Useless? probably, same as Truform, and the other Ati "innovations". Sure they all look good on paper and in tech demos, but if nobody implements them, they are useless.

Anyway, who got owned?
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2008, 10:50 AM   #18
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hmm, hopefully this fixes the choppiness in GRID.
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote