Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:52 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 01:17 PM   #62
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Funny you should ask... I'm not sure yet. The 2-door looks almost like my FJ Cruiser. I'm trying to work through our next vehicle purchase. I had tried to get my wife to look at a new (or "new to her") vehicle and then we could give her current Audi to my daughter but that hasn't worked out. My daughter recently asked if she can have my FJ. If we do that, then I'll need to buy another truck/SUV vehicle for myself so one of these could be in the running. I'll see to see details on towing capacity for the 4-door version.
Vehicle decisions are never easy when daughters are involved. Been there 3 times

We're hoping for a newer camper next year, and a vehicle to tow it with, so towing is on my mind as well. Only with us the 2 door is not an option because of the grandkids. We're not rich either, so that sweet base 4 door would be a great option for us.

Yes - this is how far back I begin to rationalize a purchase like this
Old Jul 14, 2020, 01:18 PM   #63
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 14, 2020, 02:05 PM   #64
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I wouldn't feel bad about trading in my Colorado on one of these.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 02:35 PM   #65
Cyko
Patron Saint of Insanity

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I
I 'd too

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 03:01 PM   #66
Lazy8s
One day at a time

https://www.businessinsider.com/2021...-opened-2020-7

Quote:
Ford opened its reservation books on Monday evening, and predictably, the site was immediately flooded by interested buyers, effectively crashing it.
It's probably going to be pretty popular lol.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 05:27 PM   #67
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I pity the fool that buys a new Ford vehicle in the first year of production. My last year production Explorer left my wife stranded before it was even a year old. I mean that's pretty much every new car, but with Ford.

If you do get one, wait until the year model is almost finished, and they fixed the issues on the line. Assuming they do, cause Ford.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 05:29 PM   #68
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I pity the fool that buys a new Ford vehicle in the first year of production. My last year production Explorer left my wife stranded before it was even a year old. I mean that's pretty much every new car, but with Ford.

If you do get one, wait until the year model is almost finished, and they fixed the issues on the line. Assuming they do, cause Ford.
Is their record really that bad? I haven't bought a new Ford since '83 lol.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 05:49 PM   #69
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Quote:
I dunno, but this is the first Ford I've ever bought. It was a 2019 which was the last year of that model. I have never had a new car leave me stranded in the first year with less than 10k miles on it.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 05:58 PM   #70
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

no V8 = no buy

oj simpson killed the ford bronco
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 06:02 PM   #71
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I haven't personally owned a Ford, but I have several family members with them. No major issues with the ones that have been purchased within the last 10 years. I think with any mass produced vehicle, you have the chance to get a bad one. I haven't seen a vehicle forum yet where someone didn't have a bad experience with a vehicle from a manufacturer. I wouldn't necessarily equate that to everyone's experience with that particular vehicle unless you do encounter a forum or other area of feedback where owners are expressing the same issues.

FWIW, I would have no concerns buying a first year Bronco if the specs suited my needs. That part remains to be seen.

I do have a few buddies that own local Ford dealerships. One of them is taking $100 deposits on Broncos and will eat the $100 if you change your mind later. Quite temping...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2020, 06:27 PM   #72
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I dunno, but this is the first Ford I've ever bought. It was a 2019 which was the last year of that model. I have never had a new car leave me stranded in the first year with less than 10k miles on it.
The Ford I bought did, F-150, and the brand new '80 Firebird I bought did. I have not bought a brand new vehicle fresh off the lot since, but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
I haven't personally owned a Ford, but I have several family members with them. No major issues with the ones that have been purchased within the last 10 years. I think with any mass produced vehicle, you have the chance to get a bad one. I haven't seen a vehicle forum yet where someone didn't have a bad experience with a vehicle from a manufacturer. I wouldn't necessarily equate that to everyone's experience with that particular vehicle unless you do encounter a forum or other area of feedback where owners are expressing the same issues.

FWIW, I would have no concerns buying a first year Bronco if the specs suited my needs. That part remains to be seen.

I do have a few buddies that own local Ford dealerships. One of them is taking $100 deposits on Broncos and will eat the $100 if you change your mind later. Quite temping...
EXtremely tempting...You have nothing to lose.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 09:19 PM   #73
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Wish I never got rid of my 2004 F150, my Colorado has been such a disappointment, while that F150 was extremely reliable and just all around nice, even with the infamous 5.4l V8.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:13 PM   #74
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
for some reason I was under the impression out of the domestic brands they were the most reliable. my friend has a '12 or '13 or '14 F150 and it's not a rolls royce on the interior but feels solid as hell.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 07:40 AM   #75
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
for some reason I was under the impression out of the domestic brands they were the most reliable. my friend has a '12 or '13 or '14 F150 and it's not a rolls royce on the interior but feels solid as hell.
I know between all the US brands, they all seem to be having issues on the 8+ speed automatics. If I'm not mistaken the ones Ford and GM use were a joint venture between the two companies. I love that the Bronco has a 7 speed manual option.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 08:16 AM   #76
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
I honestly don't know bob - my Dad was a die hard Ford guy forever and had nothing but problems, which may have been all caused by him but I've known others that never had issues.

I've had guys warn me away from Rams as well, but mine is 17 years old and still drives like it has less than 10k on it lol.

I hope the Bronco is successful with minimum problems though. It's really refreshing to see an old much loved vehicle brought back to life.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 08:27 AM   #77
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Reliability is why I stick with Toyota trucks for the most part. My '07.5 Silverado has been pretty good overall, but the airbag light has been on for a year because I just don't have the money to get it fixed. I know I should...but...

Anyway, my wife has the '18 4Runner and we've owned several Hondas and other Toyotas throughout our marriage. None have ever had problems. Every single American brand I've owned has been trouble. Chevy, Mercury, Saturn, Ford...ugh. Once my Silvy dies I'm getting a Tundra. The tech in the cabin is old and ugly, but the things run forever as long as you change the fluids regularly.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 09:14 AM   #78
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Reliability is why I stick with Toyota trucks for the most part. My '07.5 Silverado has been pretty good overall, but the airbag light has been on for a year because I just don't have the money to get it fixed. I know I should...but...

Anyway, my wife has the '18 4Runner and we've owned several Hondas and other Toyotas throughout our marriage. None have ever had problems. Every single American brand I've owned has been trouble. Chevy, Mercury, Saturn, Ford...ugh. Once my Silvy dies I'm getting a Tundra. The tech in the cabin is old and ugly, but the things run forever as long as you change the fluids regularly.
Please don't get me started on Saturns

Ram or Tundra for me. My wife is a fan of Nissan at the moment (Rogue) but this Bronco would be an excellent camping trip vehicle if we can swing it, and of course, if it proves to be reliable.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:56 AM   #79
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

I swear my '11 Corolla is made out of a mixture of Adamantium and Kevlar Powertrain is absolutely bulletproof at 180k kms. The mechanic that services it says it's just warming up and that many go well into the 200k kms...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:00 PM   #80
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
I swear my '11 Corolla is made out of a mixture of Adamantium and Kevlar Powertrain is absolutely bulletproof at 180k kms. The mechanic that services it says it's just warming up and that many go well into the 200k kms...
Same with our '11 Prius. It's got ~120K miles on it and has been completely trouble-free since we bought it. My son drives it exclusively now and loves it in Power Mode.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2020, 12:02 PM   #81
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
My brother's Corolla hit 300k. Can't beat value like that.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 09:02 AM   #82
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Toyota seems to keep their powertrain lineup (and much of their tech for that matter) the same for many moons before redesigning it....while other manufactuers would go through 3 or 4 or so in that same timespan (and thus introduce potential new teething issues each time)

Sticking with the same stuff for years and years have proven to be reliable, at the expense of eventual spec sheet competitiveness. I mean look at how long it took for Toyota to move away from steering wheel column cruise control stalks....(recently), and their digital clocks look the same as they were in the 80's. (but its super effective!) and only now in the past couple years have they been slowly phasing out their engine lineup for the Dynamic force family (their 2GR V6 is still being used and has been recently updated.....and that engine has been around since like 2005)....and they dont even have all the replacements in place yet.....

Ford can't really afford to muck up their truck lineup all that much.. its their bread and butter in North America and thus would be a nightmare if those end up as unreliable pieces of crap.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2020, 11:02 AM   #83
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

They need a hybrid version of that asap. Toyota is selling out and there are few other options out there. Gas prices up here going up fast with the rising carbon tax and refiners that still charge an arm and a leg even when the oil is free.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2020, 05:21 PM   #84
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
This is exactly why I went with a 2014 corolla. The extreme expected reliability. Averaging 30+mpg in the city is a bonus too, only costs me about $10 on gas a week. Currently just passed the 80k miles on it.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2020, 05:21 PM   #85
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I honestly don't know bob - my Dad was a die hard Ford guy forever and had nothing but problems, which may have been all caused by him but I've known others that never had issues.

I've had guys warn me away from Rams as well, but mine is 17 years old and still drives like it has less than 10k on it lol.

I hope the Bronco is successful with minimum problems though. It's really refreshing to see an old much loved vehicle brought back to life.
Older RAMS are ok, but the new ones are junk.

EDIT: That Bronco is one ugly SUV.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Jul 20, 2020 at 06:57 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:33 AM   #86
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Older RAMS are ok, but the new ones are junk.

EDIT: That Bronco is one ugly SUV.
I haven't really read up on the newer Rams, maybe because I can't afford one But I do like the looks of the Bronco lol.

Personally for me, if I live long enough to be able to buy another new vehicle without breaking the bank it will be a Ram or a Tundra. Love the looks of both of them.

I would love to test out that Bronco for a summer pulling a camper around, but it's probably not in the cards any time soon.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 11:40 AM   #87
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
I haven't really read up on the newer Rams, maybe because I can't afford one But I do like the looks of the Bronco lol.

Personally for me, if I live long enough to be able to buy another new vehicle without breaking the bank it will be a Ram or a Tundra. Love the looks of both of them.

I would love to test out that Bronco for a summer pulling a camper around, but it's probably not in the cards any time soon.
17 years ago was before the Fiat merger I believe, but Fiat produces nothing but junk and since they merged with chrysler, chrysler's already questionable products have taken a nosedive.

It's not unlike Nissan. They used to be fantastic cars rivaling even toyota, but then they merged with Renault and turned to potato poop. You are lucky if you can get a modern Nissan to 80k now without encountering a problem when they used to run forever. The most common major problem? Transmission failure. Their JATCO transmissions are the worst in the business.