Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 04:36 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Not true at all. The first rebel Galaxy played perfectly with mouse and keyboard, this one is a step back in terms of control.

I'm sure this is still a decent game though, it has a neat style but I was too tired from work to play more than an hour or so on it last night. I'll fire it up again on the weekend.
check the options in the first game it says Gamepad Recommended. I didn't say that the mouse and keyboard didn't work well.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 05:46 PM   #92
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
What the hell is this game? Loading screen after loading screen mixed in with I have no direction on where to go or what to do. ****ing hate that god awful music as well. Jesus **** it's annoying.

It's way too boring... wash rinse repeat... Spoiled by open world games where I can do anything and go anywhere. I want to land on planets get out of the ship, walk around on my own, not click on a label and see just a non interactive screen.
Kinda feel the same way. Bought it last night and asked for refund almost immediately, but got no response from Epic yet.
Now I'm unsure whether to give it another go or just wait, which will definitely bring me over the two-hour refund mark, considering how much time is lost on menus
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 06:47 PM   #93
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
check the options in the first game it says Gamepad Recommended. I didn't say that the mouse and keyboard didn't work well.
Ahh. Yeah in first Rebel Galaxy they work fine. In this one though, not so much.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 14, 2019, 07:56 PM   #94
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Some mouse changes are coming in a future patch

As far as Joystick in this game, I still have not tried playing with my joystick yet, so I can't given an impression on that. The only one I have seen use a joystick is a Twitch streamer and he enjoys it more than the game pad.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:21 PM   #95
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

So I'm starting to dig this game. When I played it at first I was a bit underwhelmed because it just didn't seem to be shouting at me to notice all the stuff it had, and flying in cockpit wasn't giving me the sense of action I wanted. Today I hit it again, went 3rd person, did some missions, got a tractor beam and won a better gun from a pool game, and it's definitely grown on me.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2019, 09:55 PM   #96
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Ok I found the best way to play the game with the mouse is to change the mouse to reticle mode instead of the default meter. It controls MUCH better but still takes some getting used to.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:02 PM   #97
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Ok I found the best way to play the game with the mouse is to change the mouse to reticle mode instead of the default meter. It controls MUCH better but still takes some getting used to.
Ah, looks like you played with the newest patch, that Reticle mode was added not to long ago in patch v1.06

https://old.reddit.com/r/RebelGalaxy...f_mouse_stuff/

Highlight
Quote:
Big things for mouse users

*You can now change the 'Mouse Display Style' - Metered(the previous visuals), Reticle( New ring and pointer display including deadzone display), and None (if you want nothing)

*Relative mode has had a lot of refinement to increase its precision

*You can now disable mouse smoothing in relative mode completely for raw input

*There is now a mappable 'recenter mouse' control.
*Independent pitch flip for mouse

Full patch notes
Quote:
*Mouse control precision updates

*new 'recenter mouse' control (unbound by default)

*New mouse reticle display mode in flight

*Can also hide mouse display in flight

*Can disable all mouse smoothing for relative mouse mode

*Can turn off relative mouse easing

*can flip mouse pitch axis independently

*Fix for one axis that didn't neg/pos pair properly (throttles )

*Fall all the way back to Mono if you can't get stereo sound

*allow the game to run with no sound if no devices are ever resolved

*Default to 'stereo override' to deal with quad/surround issues. Allow override in settings (requires restart )

*Fix for arcade sprite squishing in ultrawide

*Fix for Orzu intro video squishing in ultrawide

*Ensure that a directional foul in 8-ball doesn't get passed on to the next player

*Mouse precision mode turns slower in 8-ball

*Fix some radial menu selection issues in ultrawide (and especially ultra-ultrawide)

*Fixed Ravalli mission computer placement
*Map scrolling at borders is faster
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 01:28 AM   #98
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Don't waste your time on the dice game, it's rigged beyond belief. Your opponent will get full houses, 4 of a kind and straight flushes while you are stuck with a pair unable to roll anything better....

Old Aug 15, 2019, 01:30 AM   #99
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Ah, looks like you played with the newest patch, that Reticle mode was added not to long ago in patch v1.06
It's better, but still clunky and takes some getting used to...but at least it's playable and won't force you to go buy (or hook up) a controller/stick.

Everspace did it right, perfectly at home with keyboard and mouse and thus is the gold standard for space combat control. Even X-3 Albion was better with the control (also designed for stick, but still very playable with keyboard and mouse).

Old Aug 15, 2019, 08:42 AM   #100
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got my refund request reply today, but the game began growing on me last night, so I told EG it's now become a keeper
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:06 AM   #101
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Don't waste your time on the dice game, it's rigged beyond belief. Your opponent will get full houses, 4 of a kind and straight flushes while you are stuck with a pair unable to roll anything better....
Not surprised. I had a full-house and thought I would stay because that's a good hand and they had a pair. They got four-of-a-kind and won. Can't say I have won anything yet.

What about the slots? 8-Ball is my favourite and I probably have spent an hour on it already, though sometimes the NPCs can run the table if you aren't careful.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:29 PM   #102
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Interesting...several vital keymaps are unavailable for the controller, such as target nearest enemy or auto scan.

That's irritating.

Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:44 PM   #103
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Anybody else having a problem with the controller? I'm using a logitech F310 and every time I hit "A" to mark a waypoint, it just cancels out back the screen even though is says to hit the "A" button to mark. It also cancels out of a station and relaunches me (I just did it about 10 times trying different button combinations only to finally give up and use the mouse to select my options).

So...I can only cancel options in menus, not select them with the game pad? That doesn't seem right...

EDIT: Found the problem, it's a bug in the game bindings. If you swap the accelerate and decelerate buttons on the gamepad (which I did) it makes your "confirm" button cancel everything instead in the menus....yeah, makes no sense. I swapped them back and it went back to normal.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Aug 16, 2019 at 12:56 AM.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 01:47 AM   #104
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
Interesting...several vital keymaps are unavailable for the controller, such as target nearest enemy or auto scan.

That's irritating.
I assigned target nearest hostile to Right Stick up. I also put Dump power to shields to Right Stick Down. Right Stick Up and Down are empty by default so you can assign that to other stuff you might like.
Quote:
Old Aug 16, 2019, 02:01 AM   #105
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sim or Arcade?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 03:58 AM   #106
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Sim or Arcade?
Arcade. Lots of fun great music and a ship painter that you can sink hours into if you are into it.
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 04:38 AM   #107
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Hit an ejected pilot in a clumsy attempt to rescue him. It was not pretty, I felt like starting over.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk
Old Aug 16, 2019, 07:29 AM   #108
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Havings loads of fun. Can't wait to earn enough to buy a different ship.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2019, 09:45 AM   #109
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
I assigned target nearest hostile to Right Stick up. I also put Dump power to shields to Right Stick Down. Right Stick Up and Down are empty by default so you can assign that to other stuff you might like.
I mean I don't even see the options under game pad bindings to even set that. The option is there for keyboard bindings, but in gamepad bindings it's mysteriously missing...

Old Aug 17, 2019, 07:56 AM   #110
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Damn you gays making me want to play this game. Someone said it is like freelancer and that just sells the game to me so hard.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 03:12 PM   #111
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Damn you gays making me want to play this game. Someone said it is like freelancer and that just sells the game to me so hard.
It's like freelancer in style, not in controls. Be advised you WILL need a controller or flightstick.

Old Aug 17, 2019, 03:52 PM   #112
xCLAVEx
Not gone

So are there only 5 ships you can fly (counting the POS you start in)? If so, that is a serious step back compared to the other game. They had tons of ships to fly before, but only 5? So far all the stations in different systems I've been in all have the same inventory of ships...

EDIT: Damn, I just checked. There's only 5 ships to buy (but something about you can unlock a total of 9??), that is very disappointing. Not a lot of variety there. I really liked the surprise of flying to different stations and seeing what kind of ships they had for sale in the first Rebel Galaxy, this stinks.

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Aug 17, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 04:07 PM   #113
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

rebel galaxy outlaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rblt2EtFfC4

I keep trying to walk around on base

in game menus how quaint
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 05:08 PM   #114
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
I mean I don't even see the options under game pad bindings to even set that. The option is there for keyboard bindings, but in gamepad bindings it's mysteriously missing...

Quote:
Old Aug 17, 2019, 05:10 PM   #115
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Quote:
So are there only 5 ships you can fly (counting the POS you start in)? If so, that is a serious step back compared to the other game. They had tons of ships to fly before, but only 5? So far all the stations in different systems I've been in all have the same inventory of ships...

EDIT: Damn, I just checked. There's only 5 ships to buy (but something about you can unlock a total of 9??), that is very disappointing. Not a lot of variety there. I really liked the surprise of flying to different stations and seeing what kind of ships they had for sale in the first Rebel Galaxy, this stinks.
They wanted the ships to be more refined. Now the ships are more like classes in an RPG, they are unique and have their own strengths and weaknesses compared to the other ships.
Quote:
Old Aug 17, 2019, 07:14 PM   #116
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Well, at least the weird controller bug I was having was fixed in their latest patch.

Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:17 AM   #117
alitayyab
EGS is the future

alitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird singsalitayyab knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

there are 4 variants that can be acquired through side quests for a total of 9
Ali#1317
ali_tayyab
Game Endings
Core i7-9700K @5.0GHz + Noctua NH-D15S || Asus Z390-H || 16 GB RAM || Zotac GTX 1080Ti Amp Extreme Core Ed || Antec HCP-1000 PSU || Corsair AIR 540
Core i5-6700K || AsRock H110M-itx || 16 GB RAM || Integrated Audio/Video || Corsair CX430 || Cooler Master Elite 120
alitayyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 04:58 AM   #118
KAC
That postcount though...

So is M+K play a disaster? I have an XBX controller I can hook up. Will that work fine?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 05:38 AM   #119
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The game is designed for gamepad controls.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2019, 05:49 AM   #120
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Quote:
So is M+K play a disaster? I have an XBX controller I can hook up. Will that work fine?
Xbox controller, no doubt.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk