Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Aug 5, 2019, 06:42 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Asus custom 5700 cards. ETA 12th August.

Rog Strix, Friday 16th August.

https://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics...raphics-cards/
Old Aug 5, 2019, 07:02 PM   #242
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

XFX has a cool looking model.

https://videocardz.com/newz/xfx-rade...hicc2-pictured

2.5 slot thick so cooling should be among the best. But I want to see a 16 gbps vram model.

Powercolor Red Devil looks good too:

https://videocardz.com/newz/powercol...devil-pictured

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2019, 03:32 PM   #243
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
XFX has a cool looking model.

https://videocardz.com/newz/xfx-rade...hicc2-pictured

2.5 slot thick so cooling should be among the best. But I want to see a 16 gbps vram model.

Powercolor Red Devil looks good too:

https://videocardz.com/newz/powercol...devil-pictured

That Red Devil looks a bit big Being a Man Utd fan the name sits very well indeed.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2019, 01:55 AM   #244
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I really hope there's a 5800XT by Xmas, I'm itching to grab an AMD GPU.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 09:02 AM   #245
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I kind of wish that once a company goes above 2.5 slots, they would just use "real/actually good" 120/92x25 or 120/92x20mm fans.

I bet a thinner heatsink with fans that are actually good would demolish the current 2.5/3 slots monstrosities that are equipped with garbage fans.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:27 PM   #246
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Asus wants 100$ over MSRP of reference. Course its par for the course for them same in their Nvidia lineup but for that Id want a 16gbps vram version over the standard 14. Just a cooler and slight oc wont sell that to me.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.4.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.6.2. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:28 PM   #247
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
I kind of wish that once a company goes above 2.5 slots, they would just use "real/actually good" 120/92x25 or 120/92x20mm fans.

I bet a thinner heatsink with fans that are actually good would demolish the current 2.5/3 slots monstrosities that are equipped with garbage fans.
Wouldnt that be a noise trade off tho.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 8, 2019, 01:33 PM   #248
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Asus wants 100$ over MSRP of reference. Course its par for the course for them same in their Nvidia lineup but for that Id want a 16gbps vram version over the standard 14. Just a cooler and slight oc wont sell that to me.
Sure, 16gbps would be nice but the power modded XT shows promise. AIB with hefty power delivery and significantly raised limits should be good.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 09:19 PM   #249
pax
Rage3D Spammer

They seem to be hitting a limit with up to a 20% oc only giving a ~13% perf improvement... Looks like mem bw limited somewhat.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:28 PM   #250
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Should have went with HBM.

Old Aug 9, 2019, 01:48 PM   #251
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

LordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLordHawkwind can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef View Post

HBM2 is still too expensive for a mid range card it only makes sense for a high end card TBH.
Ryzen 7 2700, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, Sapphire Radeon Pulse 5700XT, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, Acer XF270HU freesync monitor at 1440p and 144hz, 250gb Samsung Evo 850 SSD, 750mb Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
Old Aug 9, 2019, 09:18 PM   #252
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef View Post

Or a wider bus like 384 bit vs 256.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:19 PM   #253
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

OK I'm definitely buying a 5700XT and I've narrowed it down to the Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Devil. I considered the 2070 Super which is about £100 more expensive and the 2080 which is about £200 more expensive and looking at the benchmarks neither card justified their price premium over these 5700XT's.

The Pulse is available on Overclockers UK for £425 which is a higher price than in the USA where they will retail for $409. A bummer but not an issue TBH. Don't know the price of the Red Devil but can't see it being much cheaper although there are rumors they will be releasing an after market card for $£399 so lets see.

I've owned cards from both manufactures and not had any problems but my last two cards have been Sapphire and I do like their Trixx software which I used on my Fury Pro Tri-X. Just looking forward to having a quieter and cooler card for the next year or so until 'big' Navi comes out which will probably be in about 12 months time according to wccftech. I can get £175 for my Vega card so not a big purchase really.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:44 PM   #254
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
AMD graphics developers are calling their next card the Nvidia Killer
https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...nvidia-killer/

Quote:
AMD Navi 23 could be an ‘Nvidia killer’ graphics card that launches in 2020
Quote:
While AMD has been having a lot of success fighting Nvidia when it comes to mid-range graphics cards, a new rumor suggests that the company is working on two upcoming GPUs – Navi 21 and Navi 23 – which could be high-end cards that will take on the likes of Nvidia’s flagship RTX 2080 Ti.
https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-n...unches-in-2020

shooting for the past again ?

I hope it will be faster than the 3080 and closer to the 3080 ti
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 12:53 PM   #255
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’ve heard this song and dance before..

Yawn
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 01:09 PM   #256
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...nvidia-killer/

https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-n...unches-in-2020

shooting for the past again ?

I hope it will be faster than the 3080 and closer to the 3080 ti
Are they targeting 2080ti performance in 2020? Because Nvidia will have their own "2080ti killer" that year also.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2019, 04:39 PM   #257
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Trying to buy the Sapphire XT Pulse is a major PITA. Went on Overclockers UK this morning and price had shot up to £440. Thought WTF so didn't buy and an hour later it was out of stock. Spoke to other e-tailers who said NDA lifted on Thursday and they will have stock of other cards but couldn't say the price.

Now I'm a bit pi**ed at Sapphire charging UK customers a premium to subsidize USA customers but I suppose the weakness of the pound could have something to do with that. Even so retailers gouging prices already is also annoying and I won't buy from them out of principle.

So I'm going to see what Powercolor, XFX and MSI come up with and if they are stupid prices I'm just going to buy myself a new Ping 3 Wood and a couple of Glide 3.0 wedges and stick the finger up to the lot of them. Or I might buy a 2080 as I don't really need the golf clubs but hey ho.

Before you say I don't need to do anything the wife wants to buy me something as her Dad sadly died on Sunday (had dementia so not unexpected and a relief TBH) to remember him by and as we were paying for his care he didn't have much money so I've got £600 and her patience is worst than mine We played golf while he still could and I built his one and only PC and had to maintain it for years so she's said it's one or the other. Use it or lose it.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 09:09 PM   #258
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Its not saphirre or amd here its the EAT tax that retailers all do. Just wait a bit.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 14, 2019, 03:57 PM   #259
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Its not saphirre or amd here its the EAT tax that retailers all do. Just wait a bit.
Well the Asrock card is being touted at £449, the XFX Thicc at £469 and the ROG Strix £499. Complete and utter madness if you ask me. Look at the MSI Evoke OC on Guru 3D and it's as loud as my Vega 64 WTF. No price on that yet

Those prices are right in 2070S territory which out performers AMD by circa 10%. Do they think we're stupid or what. At least Ngredia offers Ray Tracing & DLSS even if they are crap on the 2070S. What exactly are AMD's AIB's offering over the stock card, sweet f**k all just read the reviews. No meaningful over clock but lower thermals and noise if you're lucky. Looking around other forums everyone is saying the same, if they're above £400, they ain't worth buying.

You might as well save £50 and buy a reference model and game with headphones on I think the AIB's are seriously misreading the market with their cards as they're not worth the extra money TBH. Also Sapphire are only charging $410 in USA but in the UK they are asking £425 which is a big mark up. If that's what they want to do please leave the UK market (there are no cards to buy anyway) and you won't be missed. As an AMD only partner do they really think this is winning strategy????
Old Aug 15, 2019, 09:14 AM   #260
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I’ve heard this song and dance before..

Yawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Are they targeting 2080ti performance in 2020? Because Nvidia will have their own "2080ti killer" that year also.
Please tell me they will not be a full generation behind.!

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:37 AM   #261
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
If that turns out to be the case we will continue to be raped by Nvidia. I haven't seen anything that states what they are basing the performance to be. Nvidia killer will be only true if they are basing it at least 30 percent over the 2080 Ti and even then it would just be on par unless they maybe have a better more powerful ray tracing solution.
The only way it could be a Nvidia killer now is if they surprise drop the cards in the next 2 months.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Aug 15, 2019 at 10:44 AM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:51 AM   #262
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

That it could go up against The 2080ti is techradars words, not amds, as far as I can tell.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 01:35 PM   #263
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Well look how long they were out in the wilderness with their CPU's vs Intel until they released Zen and they were still behind, in gaming terms, but offered more cores at a competitive price. Zen 2 is still behind in IPC terms but is catching up.

So Nvidia killer to AMD probably means they will beat say the 2080 Super but still trail the TI by a margin, so yes, a generation behind I'm afraid. I really can't see them beating a 3080 or TI when Nvidia go to 7nm given they're already on 7nm and can't beat a 2080.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 02:45 PM   #264
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

It's really getting a bit silly now. There appears to be NO AIB CARDS available in the UK or even the whole of Europe What's going on? They're not sold out they're just not available at all so WTF are the AIB partners doing?

On most UK sites the Powercolor Red Devil is not available until 16/09 at the earliest so do they really think they're going to sell a lot or, if you're like me, you just buy a competing card or just say don't bother AMD I'll buy a 2070S instead because I can drive to my local retailer on Monday and buy one. I can't do that with an AMD AIB card.

If by next Thursday there are no Sapphire/Powercolor cards to buy I'm getting the 2070S which at least has two games and RT/DLSS even if I'm not bothered about it.

I suppose either AMD haven't given them enough chips or else they massively underestimated the demand but either way this is not a good situation for the AIB partners who only sell AMD cards. AMD's GPU market share is only about 20% at best and if they lose long time customers like me it will shrink even further.

Sad but true I'm afraid but both AMD and the AIB's need to deliver quickly otherwise they might end up with cards they can't sell or to sell them they need to massively discount the price. If the Powerclor Red Devil had been available at launch for £449 I'd have bought without thinking. Now I think I'll give it a wide berth if it's not available for another month orr so.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 04:16 PM   #265
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
It's really getting a bit silly now. There appears to be NO AIB CARDS available in the UK or even the whole of Europe What's going on? They're not sold out they're just not available at all so WTF are the AIB partners doing?

On most UK sites the Powercolor Red Devil is not available until 16/09 at the earliest so do they really think they're going to sell a lot or, if you're like me, you just buy a competing card or just say don't bother AMD I'll buy a 2070S instead because I can drive to my local retailer on Monday and buy one. I can't do that with an AMD AIB card.

If by next Thursday there are no Sapphire/Powercolor cards to buy I'm getting the 2070S which at least has two games and RT/DLSS even if I'm not bothered about it.

I suppose either AMD haven't given them enough chips or else they massively underestimated the demand but either way this is not a good situation for the AIB partners who only sell AMD cards. AMD's GPU market share is only about 20% at best and if they lose long time customers like me it will shrink even further.

Sad but true I'm afraid but both AMD and the AIB's need to deliver quickly otherwise they might end up with cards they can't sell or to sell them they need to massively discount the price. If the Powerclor Red Devil had been available at launch for £449 I'd have bought without thinking. Now I think I'll give it a wide berth if it's not available for another month or so.
Over the weekend I trolled a lot of retailers I've used in the past and pressed the notify me when in stock and lo and behold got a message from one of them this morning saying they had stock of the Sapphire XT Pulse. Rang them and they confirmed that although not in their warehouse they had been allocated 19 by their supplier and they could dispatch directly. So ordered and delivery is supposed to be Friday guaranteed.

So on Friday I'm going to do a fresh install of Windows, which I should have done when I bought my Ryzen 2700 and of course install all the latest drivers. Hopefully when the card appears just pop it in and hey presto it works. Not going to hold my breath on that one though but I'm staying positive.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 07:47 PM   #266
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

So preorders of RX 5700 XT are actually AT RETAIL PRICE!!!!!

479$ CAD.

People are still selling their used Vega 64's at 600$
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2019, 09:55 PM   #267
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Newegg has them at up to 600$ so where did you see 479$ for the xt?

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 22, 2019, 09:13 AM   #268
_mulder
Radeon R100

_mulder is still being judged by the masses

I'd like to know this as well. The cheapest i've seen so far for the sapphire pulse is 549$ (canadian) at the egg. But always out of stock
_mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2019, 09:47 AM   #269
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mulder View Post
I'd like to know this as well. The cheapest i've seen so far for the sapphire pulse is 549$ (canadian) at the egg. But always out of stock
Wow! Great lurker, 30 posts in 10 years.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:33 PM   #270
LordHawkwind
Not a fanboy or Nvidiot

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by _mulder View Post
My Sapphire Pulse cost £439.99 but the Pulse in the UK should be £425 whereas in the US it's only $409. So $409/£1.21 = £338 x $1.63 Cad = $550 Cad so not far off. Unfortunately we get ripped off in the UK and we also have to pay 20% VAT. So I've paid a premium of about 4% which I can live with TBH.

Talking of costs I found the receipt for my Fury Pro for £435.16 dated 7 Sept 2015 and my Vega 64 cost £449 on launch day in September 2017. As I only paid £439.99 for my Pulse card the prices have stayed pretty reasonable for my last three AMD Cards.

So the prices of the AMD 'high-end' (or mid-range if you prefer) cards have stayed within inflation (I'm ignoring Radeon VII because that's essentially an Instinct card) which quite surprised me TBH.