Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Dec 26, 2006, 11:31 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Encyclopedia_b
Purveyor of OFN

Encyclopedia_b is still being judged by the masses

more games that only require 1 game to be played wirelessly with multiple ds's

weve got 3 ds's in the family now ... im about to spend 100 bucks on 3 copies of chronicles so we can play rpg 3 way
Encyclopedia_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2006, 05:17 PM   #32
gmontem
Rage3D Veteran

gmontem is still being judged by the masses

Anyone played Jump Superstars? It's an import title which I heard plays like Smash Brothers, except using characters from Shonen Jump.
Old Dec 28, 2006, 12:44 AM   #33
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmontem View Post
Anyone played Jump Superstars? It's an import title which I heard plays like Smash Brothers, except using characters from Shonen Jump.
i played it, its pretty good and you wont need a manual to understand how to play, you will need a translation for the menus and mission objectives if you ever want to progress in it though, the fighting is kinda simple but fun
the sequel jump ultimate stars is out already i think, has more charachters and online play i think
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:47 PM   #34
Dodongo77
Radeon Evergreen

Dodongo77 is still being judged by the masses

They're selling Jump Superstars at Best Buy. It's $49.99 and has a sticker warning that the game is in another language.

I can't believe they're actually selling the game at retail.
Dodongo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:13 PM   #35
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In my latest Blizzard insider they memtioned that pretty much all development out side WOW is all but stopped or is currently on hold. Seems when you are making so much money the boss man does not want to risk investing in new games that might not make as much money.

We may have just lost one of the best game developers to thier own success!! (crys)

Any what I would like to see some really old school games on the DS like 2D castle Wolfenstein, or something like that. I am really starting to like 2D games again.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 02:09 PM   #36
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

been searching for homebrew and found a doom port, a quake port and an adaptation of warcraft: tower defense, havent tried any yet, still need to google how to patch them for my r4
Old Mar 15, 2007, 02:44 PM   #37
Rayder
Radeon Northern Islands

Rayder is still being judged by the masses

I'd love something like Freespace or Wing Commander on the DS.

StarFox was OK, but it was too limited.
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 06:56 PM   #38
Melhisedek
Radeon Northern Islands

Melhisedek is still being judged by the masses

anyone can point me to some nice skins for M3?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 07:12 PM   #39
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhisedek View Post
anyone can point me to some nice skins for M3?
GBAtemp.net forums, the subsection for the m3 has plenty of them, some nice vista looking ones as well.

Quote:
been searching for homebrew and found a doom port, a quake port and an adaptation of warcraft: tower defense, havent tried any yet, still need to google how to patch them for my r4
The doom port is ok, tower defense is fun if you like tower defense.. It was just like that flash game that was in off topic forum like a month ago. Quake I havent tried yet cause you needed the original cd or something but it looked decent.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 09:31 PM   #40
wangFu
take him away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayX View Post
GBAtemp.net forums, the subsection for the m3 has plenty of them, some nice vista looking ones as well.

The doom port is ok, tower defense is fun if you like tower defense.. It was just like that flash game that was in off topic forum like a month ago. Quake I havent tried yet cause you needed the original cd or something but it looked decent.
yeah tried the doom port today, i couldnt get tower defense to work, the touchpad didnt respond, read quake runs pretty fast, but havent tried it cause i dont have the pak files
Old Mar 17, 2007, 01:14 AM   #41
Melhisedek
Radeon Northern Islands

Melhisedek is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayX View Post
Well I didn't manage to skin mine Most of the skins (Vista one at least) are made for "M3 Simply"

Any skins for old M3?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 04:05 AM   #42
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melhisedek View Post
Well I didn't manage to skin mine Most of the skins (Vista one at least) are made for "M3 Simply"

Any skins for old M3?
Oh I thought you meant the simply... Sorry.

Old Mar 17, 2007, 06:25 PM   #43
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by therock16 View Post
How about a port of Final Fantasy Tactics or FF7

Warcraft 3 or Starcraft on a handheld would not work. Just look at starcraft for the N64. You simply need a keyboard/mouse to play them (well). When I played wc3 I used a ton of keys for hotkeys/group assn., and don't forget the mouse for hero management.
SquareEnix has an FF Tactics game in the works for DS. They say it's a sequel to FFTAdvance, but I hope it is more like the original. Barely any details on it yet, though, just the announcement.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 06:36 PM   #44
Tizen
Custom User Title

Tizen is still being judged by the masses

Just a heads up on anyone who imports games...
Konami Arcade Collection just got released in japan and has Japanese and English languages

Games included are:
  • Scramble
  • Time Pilot
  • Tutankham
  • Pooyan
  • Track and Field
  • Rock n Rope
  • Circus Charlie
  • Konami Super Basketball
  • Road Fighter
  • Yie Air Kung Fu
  • Gradius
  • Green Beret
  • Shao-Lins Road
  • Twinbee
  • Contra

The damn thing even has local wifi coop
Old Mar 18, 2007, 07:29 AM   #45
wangFu
take him away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisti View Post
Konami Arcade Collection just got released in japan and has Japanese and English languages

Games included are:
  • Scramble
  • Time Pilot
  • Tutankham
  • Pooyan
  • Track and Field
  • Rock n Rope
  • Circus Charlie
  • Road Fighter
  • Yie Air Kung Fu
  • Gradius
  • Green Beret
  • Shao-Lins Road
  • Twinbee
  • Contra

that game makes it entirely worth it
Old Mar 18, 2007, 05:23 PM   #46
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisti View Post

Games included are:
  • Scramble
  • Time Pilot
  • Tutankham
  • Pooyan
  • Track and Field
  • Rock n Rope
  • Circus Charlie
  • Road Fighter
  • Yie Air Kung Fu
  • Gradius
  • Green Beret
  • Shao-Lins Road
  • Twinbee
  • Contra
Contra is fun, but I dont have any one to co op with

Gradius too one of the best games of all time that was fun too.

Last edited by logical : Mar 18, 2007 at 05:30 PM.