Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jun 8, 2020, 10:52 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The Lexus is better than the BMW but they are both ugly. That M4 is just downright hideous.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:33 AM   #32
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

i feel like the big grill fits lexus about a zillion times more beemers. BMW styling generally isn't too outlandish and the big grill just clashes with it. I guess you could say the same about Lexus but it seems their big grill fits more with their overall style.

lexus also is fighting to differentiate itself from toyota and their late 2000s grill was too toyota-ey. hell even the new camry grill is out there.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:47 AM   #33
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
i feel like the big grill fits lexus about a zillion times more beemers. BMW styling generally isn't too outlandish and the big grill just clashes with it. I guess you could say the same about Lexus but it seems their big grill fits more with their overall style.

lexus also is fighting to differentiate itself from toyota and their late 2000s grill was too toyota-ey. hell even the new camry grill is out there.
Thats how i feel.
The japanese style (or rather the Lexus Style) is kind of out there. Sharp lines, creases, lines that seem to have a purpose and go/meld somewhere, overdesigned/overstyled at times, and the grille fits that theme.

German car design is a bit more restrained and has softer lines, with character lines or crease that is used to break up the slab sided/dullness of the smooth plane.

The current design direction that BMW has taken seems to be heading more towards the Japanese style, theres alot more overdesign which feels wierd with the BMW badge (i find the rear ends of many of the new BMW's look alot like Lexus taillights). And in turn it seems like BMW is still trying to maintain the german softness (as evident mainly from body towards the rear) of its german design but then they want to tack on the boldness of the japanese style (evident with the front fascia) but they dont meld together all that well. Take away all the sharpness and remove the sharp lines of the "bold" design (like in the base BMW 4 series with the pig nostrils) and it looks quite.....awful.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 9, 2020, 12:48 PM   #34
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

All I see when I see this ugly thing. BMW bringing back the Hitler stache.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2020, 01:00 PM   #35
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Old Jun 9, 2020, 02:16 PM   #36
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Old Jun 9, 2020, 02:36 PM   #37
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I purposely live places that do not require a front plate.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 02:55 PM   #38
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchAMG View Post
I purposely live places that do not require a front plate.
There is truly no good reason to have one.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 03:20 PM   #39
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
My father used to be a police officer (as well as several other jobs) so I had asked him the importance of it. He said it was useful back in the day when the streets were more narrow and there weren't as many divided highways. He mentioned that during those times, officers would be able to use the front license plates for identification. He said these days, it's just used as a revenue generator for some areas.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2020, 03:31 PM   #40
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
yea its a legacy thing from the 60's that ruins nice cars.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 01:01 PM   #41
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Thing that pisses me off is they don't wait until the car is sold to drill the holes. The dealer does it, right? I bought my GTI in Jersey so it already had a front plate on. They should wait until the damn sale is made to do that.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2020, 01:40 PM   #42
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Thing that pisses me off is they don't wait until the car is sold to drill the holes. The dealer does it, right? I bought my GTI in Jersey so it already had a front plate on. They should wait until the damn sale is made to do that.
The one good thing about buying my Florida car from a Georgia dealer is they didn't have any holes for the front plate. I have one I can throw on the tow hook if I ever get a ticket, but I'll never drill anything to mount one.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 02:18 PM   #43
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

The Alfa didn't have any holes drilled in the bumper (fortunately) but since a front plate is required in Wisconsin I did end up buying a towhook adapter/bracket.
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2020, 02:46 PM   #44
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
In my area, the dealer won't put a front plate on (even though our state requires it) unless you request it. That is, at least for the mid to upper range cars.
Mahjik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2020, 09:06 AM   #45
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So if you mount a front plate on the new 4 series...you get a moustache...over the hitler stache grille.....

Stache over Stache?

Grilleception?

do we have to go grillier?
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote