Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:45 AM   #2251
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Well I downloaded the beta and also started playing it. My mouse goes absolutely nuts when I launch the application. So much so that I have to quit origin and even go to Setpoint app to fix the sensitivity to make it normal again.

Also whoever, thought of having server browser in an internet browser must be out of his ****ing stupid full of shitbag mind. That's the most horrendous idea ever. It launches you in to play right in the battle in windowed mode by default. Pissed me off to no end. Top it with mouse becoming all ape **** and I simply quit the app after I died thrice.

Can anyone please tell me about the mouse issue and how to fix it.

Btw graphics look like ass even when maxed out. Need to experiment more before I can say more.
Its also worth mentioning that if you have a joypad the game can take input from that and the mouse at the same time and freak out, which was what was happening to me til I realised that my joypad was causing it as it was upside down and pressing on something.

Last edited by spyre : Oct 1, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
spyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 11:50 AM   #2252
turok_t
Radeon R100

turok_t is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
Yup I get the same problem too, have no idea why. I doubt this problem will b resolved when the game is released
Also, chAnging in game video settings don't even work. Turning vsync doesn't work, and there's no diffence between low and ultra. Fps says it's at 60fps but doesn't feel like it at all
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:14 PM   #2253
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Server files were hacked and acquired. Some 128 and 256 men servers are already up, running Metro. Cheats, hacks and everything, it's all out there now.
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:17 PM   #2254
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

bahaha 256 slot metro with hacks meatgrinder XD
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:24 PM   #2255
Progression
Radeon Arctic Islands

Progression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badgesProgression doesn't need no stinkin' badges

That's a lot of issues to "overlook" now. I thought they would get their head out of their ass and give us squad choices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
I'd bet it would be fun to do him up the ass.
Progression is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:26 PM   #2256
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrygian View Post
That's a lot of issues to "overlook" now. I thought they would get their head out of their ass and give us squad choices.
No, the new method is more accessible than the old archaic one.

Welcome to the future soldier!
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:50 PM   #2257
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Uhm, what is the new method ?
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:53 PM   #2258
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Uhm, what is the new method ?
tweet on your iphone to squad up, dont forget to use facebook to pick squad commander
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:55 PM   #2259
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
tweet on your iphone to squad up, dont forget to use facebook to pick squad commander
Can we get a facebook plugin for that too?

WTF are these idiots thinking? I wish I hadn't pre-ordered this now.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:20 PM   #2260
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

I am also having a mouse issue that I didn't have in the 2 day early release, Its unplayable at the moment for me as the mouse is not working correctly, lots of stuttering.

Edit: It appears to be the 360 controller plugged into the USB port. Wasn't causing problems for any other game but this one it does even though none of the controls were being touched.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Oct 1, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2261
Ego
I can't take this

Ego can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEgo can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Damn, I don't have an Iphone
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:45 PM   #2262
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Thanks for telling me about the mouse. I thought it was my cable...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 01:52 PM   #2263
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego View Post
Damn, I don't have an Iphone
Me either I heard they will patch in sms texting for squads though at a later date
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:23 PM   #2264
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
hahaha thats so stupid its funny
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:25 PM   #2265
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Where is this mentioned at?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:25 PM   #2266
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I can see a fail incoming...
This game will be no MW3 killer... it will be a miracle if it is a Medal of Honor killer lol...
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:28 PM   #2267
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
I can see a fail incoming...
This game will be no MW3 killer... it will be a miracle if it is a Medal of Honor killer lol...
Sometimes I feel bad when you get teased about your gorilla hands. Then I remember what a negative whiner you are and I forget why I cared.

Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:35 PM   #2268
KAC
KAC

I know demo, bobsaget and you are BC2 veterans and would even play a turd thrown by DICE. But given what we saw in beta and the amount of time left, I would be utterly shocked if they are able to fix anything. Game has immense amount of lag irrespective of servers joined (irrespective of gfx settings), hit detection is abysmal and overused bloom, borked spawning, extremely questionable server browsing, squad issues etc etc just make it unplayable for me. I know, I suck at these types of games but seriously, these games are just glorified deathmatches. Rush is quite possibly demolition confined similar to destroy objective in any other game. Plus the amount of camping that goes on is ridiculous. This is quite possibly the worst MP game I have played. It just isn't fun. Trying to believe that final game will be better seems utopian about now.

I remember I paid about 15$ for BC2. I think I will do the same with this and by that time game might be fixed lol given DICE's poor track record in patching stuff in time.

Last edited by KAC : Oct 1, 2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:40 PM   #2269
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
Sometimes I feel bad when you get teased about your gorilla hands. Then I remember what a negative whiner you are and I forget why I cared.

Thats sig worthy
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:40 PM   #2270
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

I bought my copy for £17 which is about what it is worth at the moment with all the bugs. Rather lame that Vsync again doesn't work considering BC2 had the same issue and had to be patched later on to fix it.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 02:49 PM   #2271
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

So crossfire stopped working. Tried to play 5 minutes ago, only my SECOND card was doing anything. my main card sat there with 0 load, cool temps, and idle clock speeds.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 03:03 PM   #2272
demo
space cadet

Yes but KAC you're a noob that doesnt even understand wtf is going on in a battlefield game you probably go around hiding in corners facing the wrong way and stuff, while the battle is taking place further down the map where the real players are using team work, squad spawning with medics ressing squad mates, everyone spotting, using coms and getting shiit done.

I think the game will be buggy as hell on release, but it will be in better shape than it is now along with some quick patches, more than likely a day 1 patch upon installation, aswell as on going support.

The core gameplay is solid, player is smooth and fluid, weapons, sounds and graphics are great too, its just a buggy as hell beta on a crap MoH esqe map.

spyre cant you just force vsync in control panel, or use D3DOverrider etc?

Last edited by demo : Oct 1, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
demo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:02 PM   #2273
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
I bought my copy for £17 which is about what it is worth at the moment with all the bugs. Rather lame that Vsync again doesn't work considering BC2 had the same issue and had to be patched later on to fix it.
£17 quid? Where bro?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:05 PM   #2274
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:20 PM   #2275
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
So crossfire stopped working. Tried to play 5 minutes ago, only my SECOND card was doing anything. my main card sat there with 0 load, cool temps, and idle clock speeds.
Crossfire works for me but it isn't scaling for **** anyway (~60% usage on each tops). ;\

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
How legit is this? I still want my boxed copy but some of my friends might want this.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2276
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxen View Post
How legit is this? I still want my boxed copy but some of my friends might want this.
I picked up Crysis 2 from them without any problems. I'm tempted to pick up this one now.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 04:41 PM   #2277
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

DICE has completely gone off the deep end. They announced just now that they plan to ban every player that connects to the hacked servers. Not just the BF3 account, but the entire Origin account.

Did the real DICE team leave for the weekend and leave monkeys with keyboards in charge?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:03 PM   #2278
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
DICE has completely gone off the deep end. They announced just now that they plan to ban every player that connects to the hacked servers. Not just the BF3 account, but the entire Origin account.

Did the real DICE team leave for the weekend and leave monkeys with keyboards in charge?
Scratch my last post then, no clue wtf they're thinking with this game.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:12 PM   #2279
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post

You don't really believe that, do you? They're obviously trying to frighten people away from those servers so that they'll stick with the plan and continue playing the beta as it's meant to be played.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 05:17 PM   #2280
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
You don't really believe that, do you? They're obviously trying to frighten people away from those servers so that they'll stick with the plan and continue playing the beta as it's meant to be played.
At this point, I don't know what to believe anymore. Something clearly is going wrong at this stage, which happens to be three weeks from the release.