Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:54 PM   #2071
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
I forgot to mention the ATROCIOUS TEXTURE TEARING. Spawning and dying instantly. Looking in one direction results in 60fps, looking in the other results in 10fps.

The UI does not fit 2560x1440 also. many portions are cut off.

I had one killcam show me some big white table looking thing with the battlefield splash screen on it like a peice of paper... not sure what the hell that was.
Quote:
How about the fact you have to wait to respawn to simply quit the game?
Bah for some reason none of this bothers me. Except the spawning and dying immediately, but that always happened in bc2
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2072
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

And the fact that you can't creat/join the squad you want. That blows for friends trying to meet up on the same server.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:09 PM   #2073
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Okay okay okay, you all made your point. lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:19 PM   #2074
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
And the fact that you can't create/join the squad you want. That blows for friends trying to meet up on the same server.
Indeed joined as a group with my friend today, got stuck on opposite teams which is fine. We finally get on the same team and we couldn't get in the same god damn squad

EA has taken giant leaps backwards with this game over the simplest things.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:26 PM   #2075
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Seriously? If so...that is dumbest design. Whoever make it at DICE should be fired!

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:42 PM   #2076
fryjs
Rage3D Veteran

fryjs is still being judged by the masses

You can alt-f4 at anytime to quit
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:45 PM   #2077
Saggypoo
Fun Police

Saggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSaggypoo doesn't need no stinkin' badges

A lot of these problems seem like simple fixes to me. My only worry and reservation over the game is how long it'll take to put them in.
Saggypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 08:51 PM   #2078
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryjs View Post
You can alt-f4 at anytime to quit
That's a bullshit solution
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:12 PM   #2079
turok_t
Radeon R100

turok_t is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
A lot of these problems seem like simple fixes to me. My only worry and reservation over the game is how long it'll take to put them in.

1. I get between 60-70fps outdoors and a good 80-130FPS outdoors on my Crossfire configuration. However, 60-70fps feels really slugglish more like 30-40fps, while 80-130fps feels more like 60fps... I know we can achieve really high FPS with our setups, but does it really FEEL like it?

2. When changing my settings on low to ultra, my FPS remains the same, and I dont see any graphical changes. Same thing with enabling/disabling Vsync.. FPS still fluctuates and not capped at 60fps. Sometimes I wonder if the video settings even work in the options menu..
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:20 PM   #2080
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
oh no 10 seconds of my life!!

been playing for the past 5 hours. been disconnected twice. my only real gripe is when the ground gets deformed by a grenade you can get stuck in that area.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:22 PM   #2081
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

How does one find games other R3D members are in and join them?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:30 PM   #2082
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
1. I get between 60-70fps outdoors and a good 80-130FPS outdoors on my Crossfire configuration. However, 60-70fps feels really slugglish more like 30-40fps, while 80-130fps feels more like 60fps... I know we can achieve really high FPS with our setups, but does it really FEEL like it?

2. When changing my settings on low to ultra, my FPS remains the same, and I dont see any graphical changes. Same thing with enabling/disabling Vsync.. FPS still fluctuates and not capped at 60fps. Sometimes I wonder if the video settings even work in the options menu..
on my sli setup im not noticing what your describing. getting 90fps+ and it feels like 90fps too.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:36 PM   #2083
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The flashlight in CQB is so, so cheesy. I love rounding the corner, flicking it on, then watching enemies freeze like a deer in headlights, making them easy prey as they either don't return fire or miss most of their shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
How does one find games other R3D members are in and join them?
As long as they're on your friends list, the "Com Center" in the lower right should immediately show if they're in a game and provide a button you can click to join them.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:38 PM   #2084
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Piece of Sh*t game.

The interface is complete crap. Friends is confusing as hell at first. When that did work, joining games showed full a lot of the times even when the server wasn't. When I did get into play three separate servers crashed within 10 minutes so I spent about a half hour and had no points to show for it.

The keybinds don't work. I can't rebind my mouse to other functions like jump or crouch like any other game.

No pre-order here. I'll wait till it's out to see if these issues are fixed. If not, screw 'em.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:49 PM   #2085
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

They'll fix most/all of the issues, it's their baby (EA's). For now though, back to BC2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:50 PM   #2086
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
As long as they're on your friends list, the "Com Center" in the lower right should immediately show if they're in a game and provide a button you can click to join them.
Okay, I figured being in a Platoon would populate the list of games with other members that I could drop into, but I did start adding folks as friends too so now I see what you're talking about. I'm still having trouble with the mouse thing though... Gonna go surf the forums to see what I can do about it.

Edit: You can't use the search feature on the forums since it says "Not in beta" are you freakin' kidding me?!?!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Last edited by shrike126 : Sep 29, 2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 09:50 PM   #2087
turok_t
Radeon R100

turok_t is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
on my sli setup im not noticing what your describing. getting 90fps+ and it feels like 90fps too.
How does it feel when ure at 60fps? Does it actually feel smooth or are there micro stutters? When im outside, i can get 60fps but there is stuttering.
turok_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:06 PM   #2088
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGreasy exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok_t View Post
How does it feel when ure at 60fps? Does it actually feel smooth or are there micro stutters? When im outside, i can get 60fps but there is stuttering.
Butter smooth on my crossfire setup. Indoors and out, unless the server is laggy, which has been the case a LOT today.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:13 PM   #2089
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

its a beta people, there are SUPPOSED to be issues. they're not giving u a final product, and u're certainly not paying for it. all these UI issues ppl are complaining about are minor & easy to fix.

The important thing is the game runs fairly smooth @ Ultra, but there are micro stutters here and there but i think thats lag. Im still using cats 11.9, is there a big difference in performance between them and the "BF3 optimized" 11.10 beta cats? really dont wanna install beta cats just to play BF3.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:15 PM   #2090
Loopy
Radeon R420

Loopy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
Butter smooth on my crossfire setup. Indoors and out, unless the server is laggy, which has been the case a LOT today.
That's been my experience as well. I was very impressed at the framerates until it started to lag like a mofo.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:17 PM   #2091
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

arg, i downloaded the game on another pc at work, i get home and put it on my main pc on the origin games folders to finally try it and the stupid origin client is trying to download the whole thing again
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:17 PM   #2092
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

btw i noticed when i exit that all 6 cores are being used, this game can use 6 cores?? wow!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:48 PM   #2093
wangFu
take him away!

wangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badgeswangFu doesn't need no stinkin' badges

well its nice to see that the game actually runs on my system, everything is on high, granted i have a fairly low res but its still nice, server lag blows though, as if i didnt suck bad enough
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:50 PM   #2094
RSViper
Radeon R520

RSViper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
its a beta people, there are SUPPOSED to be issues. they're not giving u a final product, and u're certainly not paying for it. all these UI issues ppl are complaining about are minor & easy to fix.

The important thing is the game runs fairly smooth @ Ultra, but there are micro stutters here and there but i think thats lag. Im still using cats 11.9, is there a big difference in performance between them and the "BF3 optimized" 11.10 beta cats? really dont wanna install beta cats just to play BF3.
Yeah, I remember the same song and dance with the BFBC 2 beta. Everyone defending the game said, "It's a beta, it won't have these issues in the final version." Final version came and sure enough, We had the same issues as the beta. It was a long time before some of those issues got fixed. I've got no faith in Dice.
RSViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:54 PM   #2095
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

I think everyone here expects there to be bugs and issues in beta. Things like clipping through the floor, mouse issues, game balance, etc... That's what we expect to be seeing. Not being able to access the game's menu until you're in a game being shot at? That doesn't seem like the sort of issue we should be seeing in a game even if it is a beta.

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote:
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:56 PM   #2096
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

I just hope someone mods it, like in BF2, to allow one to create a server with a bunch of bots. That's how I got a lot of practice, especially in the helicopters and jets.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:58 PM   #2097
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Where are the screenshots at?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:59 PM   #2098
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
Where are the screenshots at?
True true... Ill get some up.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:08 PM   #2099
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

GAYS! Getting it now. So, how is the beta...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:12 PM   #2100
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Everything on its highest setting... no AA though.

I tried to crash the plane into the antenna, cause I remember a Dice guy on twitter confirming it being destructible... they lied. It didnt work.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote