Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 29, 2002, 08:59 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default New Zelda Pics

Link

I was hoping for so much out of this game. I'd have a GC sitting next to my XBox if it wasn't for Celda .

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:01 PM   #2
Christberg
Hmmmm... Death.

Christberg is still being judged by the masses

Looks pretty fraggin' cool to me... but what do I know.

You should get over the graphics anyway. It's still not too late to expect a game that plays great.
'When it comes to Nintendo strategy, it's not that we want to make games for kids. It's that we want to make them creative while appealing to a wider audience. Obviously we see games as entertainment, and what we want to do is find the best way to make the gameplay experience entertaining for everyone."-Shigeru Miyamoto

Proud owner of way too many pieces of consumer electronics, including GBA,DS,GC, and PS2.

My computer specs:
Asus A78N Deluxe, Athlon XP 2700+,1.2gb PC2700 DDR, 280GB HD, 6600 GT 512mb, other stuff.
Christberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:02 PM   #3
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Also I question for you GC owners. Why do GC games have the controller layout in the corner of the screens? I think SFA has this also?

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:06 PM   #4
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by Christberg
Looks pretty fraggin' cool to me... but what do I know.

You should get over the graphics anyway. It's still not too late to expect a game that plays great.

Nah, I enjoy graphics, I'm just disapointed as a zelda fan. I'm sure a lot of people like the new look. I for one never liked cell graphics(whatever its called ). Glad to hear you like it though.

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:21 PM   #5
Decado
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Decado is still being judged by the masses

Too many other games to play. Any game that repulsive doesn't deserve a second look, AFAIC.

Besides, I've tried the Zelda 64 games and while I expect I'd play a non-celda Zelda game should I have a GC, I certainly wouldn't be terribly worried about not being able to play it.
768 MB DDR PC2700 RAM
40 Gig Maxtor 7200 RPM HD
SBVive! Value
NEC DVD-R/RW
Ricoh CD-R/RW
Win. XP HE
Decado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:33 PM   #6
Misfit410
Banned

Misfit410 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by RecycledSilicon
Also I question for you GC owners. Why do GC games have the controller layout in the corner of the screens? I think SFA has this also?
for a zelda fan you dont remember much(Starfox uses the same system).

They have the buttons there as empty slots, where you can put skills, tools,spells, weapons for instant use .
Misfit410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:34 PM   #7
gwarz
I AM FAT ALBERT!!!!!!

gwarz is still being judged by the masses

WOOHOO!! that looks almost as kick ass as star fox I didnt like it at first either but the more i see the more i want it
tire. These are the powers of the
dragon. All things from this world
are powerless before the dragon."

-Panzer Dragoon Saga
gwarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 09:40 PM   #8
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by Misfit410

for a zelda fan you dont remember much(Starfox uses the same system).

They have the buttons there as empty slots, where you can put skills, tools,spells, weapons for instant use .
Your right I forgot, I'll have to go slip the gold cartage in my NES and check it out. It just looks strange on these screens for some reason

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog

Last edited by Tyr-Sog : Jul 29, 2002 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:22 PM   #9
Kizuel
the post gestapo

Kizuel is still being judged by the masses

Lol, that first pic is an upskirt shot!
Kizuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:24 PM   #10
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by Kizuel
Lol, that first pic is an upskirt shot!

voyeured!!!!

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:31 PM   #11
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

If your first impressions are of the pics alone then it will really leave you feeling empty. The beauty of that game (like many others) is watching it in motion. That's when you can see all the cool effects they put in there.

Sure it's no Spaceworld-looking thing (it was only a tech demo anyway) but it's really not too shabby
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 11:43 PM   #12
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

u know the third pic with the fire/lava bug thing?
ever seen that in motion?

holy fugging hell that looks kickass in motion. Im not a big fan of the link character tho (goddam he still looks puny and weak and crappy, his legs too damn short, his head to round, his eyes too....blech, i think they went a little overboard with the cartoon look) I bet if the link character was like a cel shaded model of one of the N64 or whatever different versions there are, people would say it kicks ass.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:14 AM   #13
pushtun
Radeon Arctic Islands

pushtun is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by Sasquach
u know the third pic with the fire/lava bug thing?
ever seen that in motion?

holy fugging hell that looks kickass in motion. Im not a big fan of the link character tho (goddam he still looks puny and weak and crappy, his legs too damn short, his head to round, his eyes too....blech, i think they went a little overboard with the cartoon look) I bet if the link character was like a cel shaded model of one of the N64 or whatever different versions there are, people would say it kicks ass.
From the video, you can see the shock that appears on his face as he hits the lava....it's pretty cool.

To RS:
The picts don't do it justice, it's something that must be seen in motion. I can't wait for this game.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

"You're oversexed and underage!" - Elvis (Blue Hawaii)

"To succeed with the opposite sex, tell her you're impotent. She can't wait to disprove it." - Cary Grant

"A Jewish entertainer? Get out of here!" - Homer Simpson

If she's 16 and she's ugly, she's not jailbait...
pushtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:20 AM   #14
Kizuel
the post gestapo

Kizuel is still being judged by the masses

Yes, the game does look awesome in motion.

It's not out till next year though, so there's still some time before I buy a GC.
Kizuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 05:47 AM   #15
FLiPmO
Radeon R520

FLiPmO is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: New Zelda Pics

Quote:

Link

I was hoping for so much out of this game. I'd have a GC sitting next to my XBox if it wasn't for Celda .
nah stick with the xbox. The gamecube is to kiddy for you. You might have tons of fun with the gamecube so stick with your xbox.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 09:04 AM   #16
Oreo_The_Cookie
Last Temptation of Christ

Oreo_The_Cookie is still being judged by the masses

I might've misread but, you're not getting a GC because the pics of Zelda look kiddy?
Old Jul 30, 2002, 09:15 AM   #17
Consolitis
Banned

Consolitis is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: New Zelda Pics

Quote:

Link

Try watching the videos instead, it's the most impressive cel shaded game ever made.

E3's Console game of the show! Beat every single new xbox and PS2 title.
Consolitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 09:22 AM   #18
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by Oreo_The_Cookie
I might've misread but, you're not getting a GC because the pics of Zelda look kiddy?

Point out were I said it looks "kiddie". So yeah, I guess you did misread becuase I said I don't like cell shaded games.

Quote:
Originally posted by FLiPmO
nah stick with the xbox. The gamecube is to kiddy for you. You might have tons of fun with the gamecube so stick with your xbox.
Ok, I will and actually no I wouldn't have "tons" of fun with the GC because only one game interests me out right now, ED. Mario and MP also interest me and zelda did, now it doesn't, thats my opinion. Like I said in the other thread, when the GC hits 8-10 games I like, it will be hooked up on my bedroom TV.

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Jul 30, 2002, 09:26 AM   #19
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Default Re: Re: New Zelda Pics

Quote:
Originally posted by Consolitis

Try watching the videos instead, it's the most impressive cel shaded game ever made.

E3's Console game of the show! Beat every single new xbox and PS2 title.

I did watch the video and I don't like the new Zelda. It's no big deal just voicing my opinion. It doesn't mean I don't like the GC it just means it's a game I don't like on it in which I was hoping for something different. Jezz...

And do we really have to quote all my picture with the quote?

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Jul 30, 2002, 09:27 AM   #20
Oreo_The_Cookie
Last Temptation of Christ

Oreo_The_Cookie is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
[b]

Point out were I said it looks "kiddie". So yeah, I guess you did misread becuase I said I don't like cell shaded games.
Sorry, but when most people say they don't like Zelda's cell chaded graphics it's because they think it's kiddy, but anyways it's still a waste to blow off a game, especially one as big as zelda without even playing it
Old Jul 30, 2002, 09:53 AM   #21
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally posted by Oreo_The_Cookie

Sorry, but when most people say they don't like Zelda's cell chaded graphics it's because they think it's kiddy, but anyways it's still a waste to blow off a game, especially one as big as zelda without even playing it

No biggie . True, it's awhile before it comes out maybe it will grow on me.

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:06 AM   #22
tuco
Radeon R520

tuco is still being judged by the masses

I saw a video of this a few nights ago, & it all looks rather dreamy actually if i haven't got round to buying a cube before Z is released then i'll certainly pick one up when it is.
tuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:10 AM   #23
FLiPmO
Radeon R520

Quote:

Ok, I will and actually no I wouldn't have "tons" of fun with the GC because only one game interests me out right now, ED. Mario and MP also interest me and zelda did, now it doesn't, thats my opinion. Like I said in the other thread, when the GC hits 8-10 games I like, it will be hooked up on my bedroom TV.
So you are saying the xbox have 8-10 games you like that are out now??? LOL
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:11 AM   #24
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:

The insanity! It can't possibly be true!!
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:29 AM   #25
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

no, more....

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Old Jul 30, 2002, 10:56 AM   #26
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

As much as I'd hate to admit it, the new look is growing on me ( sort of like fungus I guess). Lets see 8 good x-box games:
JSRF
Crazy Taxi 3
Gunvalkarie
NBA2K2
NHL2002
RalliSport Challenge
Dead or Alive 3
Silent Hill2 ...there you go!
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:30 PM   #27
FLiPmO
Radeon R520

Nah I don't have 10 games that I like on the cube. But we are left behind. 10 xbox games?? Maybe 3
Doa3
rallisport challenge
HAlo

Gamecube games:
Pikmin
Super Monkey BAll
SSBM
Dave Mirra 2
Wave Race
Luigis Mansion
SSX tricky
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:34 PM   #28
FLiPmO
Radeon R520

Quote:
Originally posted by DiaperJe|\|i3
As much as I'd hate to admit it, the new look is growing on me ( sort of like fungus I guess). Lets see 8 good x-box games:
JSRF (DC)
Crazy Taxi 3 (yes nice)
Gunvalkarie (????)
NBA2K2 (GC)
NHL2002(GC?)
RalliSport Challenge (good one)
Dead or Alive 3(nice,bloody roar on gamecube :P)
Silent Hill2 ...there you go!(RE on GC)
So I guess there are good titles. But I was more talking about exclusives (although my list isn't al exclusives either but hey the gamecube isn't out that long as wel as the xbox).
Old Jul 30, 2002, 12:36 PM   #29
FLiPmO
Radeon R520

Quote:

no, more....
Ok start coughing up. Mention the ones that you like and have PLAYED. Not just the titles that are out there. And don't mention games that are also on the gamecube.
Old Jul 30, 2002, 01:40 PM   #30
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

So I guess there are good titles. But I was more talking about exclusives (although my list isn't al exclusives either but hey the gamecube isn't out that long as wel as the xbox).
Name 8 GC exclusives then, oh and btw:
-JSRF not avaliable on DC thats Jet Grind Radio and it is a different game. This version is an xbox exclusive.
-Gunvalkarie is a relatively unknown sega shooter title that looks really cool ,haven't played it yet. Think of it as Space Harrier on steriods with fps elements.
-Dead or Alive 3 is better (for the most part) than Bloody Roar 3. Though VF4 and SC2 are better than either.
Silent Hill 2 I feel is a better game than RE and here's why:
1) Resident Evil was more or less a rehash with killer graphics.
2) Silent Hill 2 was a creapier game mood wise.
3) Residents controll scheme I'll never favor.
Now if you said ED vs Silent Hill2, mabey then I'd reconsider
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote