Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:04 AM   #6301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
poohbear
Radeon Evergreen

poohbear is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
Yes, but if they do, they should also make mines and claymores dissapear after death too.
yep all those disappear after a player is killed in new patch. its in the patch notes.

personally i love Metro, its very action packed and adrenaline pumping! don't know why there's so much hate towards it?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:50 AM   #6302
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Yeh I'm a fan of metro too, it plays well in both Rush and CQ imo. I play it on 32 slot servers with no explosives/claymores, rpg's etc. though. I like that theres no stupid vehicles to get in the way of a good shootout too.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:10 AM   #6303
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Yeh I'm a fan of metro too, it plays well in both Rush and CQ imo. I play it on 32 slot servers with no explosives/claymores, rpg's etc. though. I like that theres no stupid vehicles to get in the way of a good shootout too.
Nub there is a huge frickin' train in between the shootouts...
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:42 AM   #6304
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
Nub there is a huge frickin' train in between the shootouts...
Ima pwn you in my train!
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:52 PM   #6305
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Is the patch dealing with MAV/robot spamming?

I think its ridiculous you can just be sitting next to an ammo box and you'd magically restock this gigantic robot.....which you just fly into and kill someone.

I always thought once its used (and shot down) you'd have to go and die before you get another one back.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 02:50 PM   #6306
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Is the patch dealing with MAV/robot spamming?

I think its ridiculous you can just be sitting next to an ammo box and you'd magically restock this gigantic robot.....which you just fly into and kill someone.

I always thought once its used (and shot down) you'd have to go and die before you get another one back.

You will not be able to kill anyone with a Mav per the patch notes.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:08 PM   #6307
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Actually you will be able to kill people with the MAV rarely, it will just explode on contact with players now. So you can sit next to an ammo box and keep going for one rare kill every minute or so. I suspect it's not going to be used as much. Not like you can run through a corridor on metro an kill a handful at once.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:55 PM   #6308
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

It'd be funny if they screwed up the MAV explosion on impact and it acts like a mobile C4, where it blows up and kills people in a small radius lol.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:42 PM   #6309
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshnutcrackr kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
It'd be funny if they screwed up the MAV explosion on impact and it acts like a mobile C4, where it blows up and kills people in a small radius lol.
with all the changes they are making I'm sure there will be something that requires a hotfix
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:58 PM   #6310
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
ooh.. I wonder if you can put a c4 on a mav... something I will have to team up with someone and try..

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:28 PM   #6311
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
ooh.. I wonder if you can put a c4 on a mav... something I will have to team up with someone and try..
Hmm thats a good one lol.

you'd have to be coordinated though, cuz the guy piloting the MAV would have to tell you when is a good time to detonate the c4. (assuming it works)
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:13 PM   #6312
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

In queue for a server, finally get in, loading level, have it set to put me in game once level loaded. Game starts loading level, closes up. No message. Nothing. Just fck you alientank, no game for you. GG stupid server browser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 08:21 PM   #6313
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
In queue for a server, finally get in, loading level, have it set to put me in game once level loaded. Game starts loading level, closes up. No message. Nothing. Just fck you alientank, no game for you. GG stupid server browser.
The worst part about this goddam server browser?

It did that to me once...so i just clicked on the game icon on the taskbar im so im in the game waiting. It wont kick me then. Since the game kind of runs alt-tabbed while it loads.........
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:39 AM   #6314
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
The worst part about this goddam server browser?

It did that to me once...so i just clicked on the game icon on the taskbar im so im in the game waiting. It wont kick me then. Since the game kind of runs alt-tabbed while it loads.........
If I click the game while it's loading server, it freezes and crashes the game. The most stable game for running/loading IME is WoW. That game will run on the shittiest configured system and load still. Alt in and out all you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:09 AM   #6315
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It Punkbuster that does that. Every times I joined a server for like a first time or with friends, the game would freeze and kick me for no reason because PB was not ready or something like that. Then if I retry it says disconnected from EA and then the 3rd time it work.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:21 PM   #6316
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Patch is hitting PS3 on the 27th, PC and 360 TBA
Fix list is pretty similar to the last list we got, commo rose and new mini map are new though. It doesn't sound to me like the commo rose messages will spam the chat.

It's funny the minimap they called "detailed" is anything but. Satellite looks good but probably needs a bit more contrast.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:28 PM   #6317
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

The minimap is still a POS. Why is it not clear to anyone in DICE that the BF2 minimap was the best one. How did they go from that, to this...?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:48 PM   #6318
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I don't think it wrong. BF2 minimap is outdated, will contrast too much on the new hud and frankly I see enemies on it better than in BF2
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:39 PM   #6319
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by {0}Salamander{0} View Post
The minimap is still a POS. Why is it not clear to anyone in DICE that the BF2 minimap was the best one. How did they go from that, to this...?
Because they're complete morons. Just look at the many other "great" decisions they've made with this game.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:46 AM   #6320
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
I don't think it wrong. BF2 minimap is outdated, will contrast too much on the new hud and frankly I see enemies on it better than in BF2
The fact that its so small, I can't see anything on it. What resolution do you game at? I currently go on 1920 X 1200 and its barely readable. It needs to be double the size, in my view.

Also, what do you mean by "outdated"? Its without doubt the best map they have ever designed, layout is good, decent size, clear enemy spot positions, squad leaders, orders, medics visible etc.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 09:52 AM   #6321
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What happened to the "we want to release the patch on all platforms at the same time" bullshit?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:26 AM   #6322
Rad2owns
Rage3D Vet

Rad2owns is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
The fact that its so small, I can't see anything on it. What resolution do you game at? I currently go on 1920 X 1200 and its barely readable. It needs to be double the size, in my view.

Also, what do you mean by "outdated"? Its without doubt the best map they have ever designed, layout is good, decent size, clear enemy spot positions, squad leaders, orders, medics visible etc.
I agree and Ill add why the crap does it stay the same map when you enlarge it why the crap dont they show a larger map.
Do they even play the freakin game?
If you Fold The Cure will Come!!!!!
Fold On Forever!!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.c...00CC&c5=FFFFFF
Your Thoughts Will Define Your Destiny.
Hidden variables are everywhere.
BF3 KOz1
Rad2owns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:54 AM   #6323
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

I play the same resolution. I mapped my mouse left key to zoom in/out and the enemies contrast well enough for me with the dark blue. Outdated in the aesthetic way of the designers way to wanted to simulate hardware HUD which cannot do color process because it only monochrome and 8 bit colors map wouldn't fit at all. Most people want transparency HUDs to have the most optimized view (regardless FOV but that's another debate). And the way the HUD use blendings, doing a colored maps won't work and would make it worst. So I think it not only a design decision, but a functional decision that would generate complains on the other side as well.. Could they offer different / customizable entire HUD for players? I'm divided on this. It could be great but in the same time give an unfair advantage to the others who play on default settings.

But really, in my opinion, Map size/Color, there's no benefits to complain about it. Everyone who play is handicapped by it and it up to players to adapt to it.

Last edited by JonZ : Mar 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 02:19 PM   #6324
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
What happened to the "we want to release the patch on all platforms at the same time" bullshit?
I think bf3 has a week time exclusive with the PS3. The PS3 has been getting things a week early. It's like MW3 and Xbox.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:06 PM   #6325
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

any idea how much VRAM this game uses at 1920x1200. A ton of people are unloading GTX 580s now, and I was thinking whether it is beneficial to go for a 3gig rather than a 1.5. Thanks.
Too predictable.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:11 PM   #6326
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
any idea how much VRAM this game uses at 1920x1200. A ton of people are unloading GTX 580s now, and I was thinking whether it is beneficial to go for a 3gig rather than a 1.5. Thanks.
I can check what my game is running at 1920x1200.. I use Ultra Settings FXAA high no MSAA though.

Old Mar 24, 2012, 05:24 PM   #6327
logical
What is my purpose?

Just checked:

1920x1200 Everything Ultra+FXAA high + HBAO + FOV highest it will go = 1120MB usage

1920x1200 Everything Ultra+FXAA high + 4XMSAA + HBAO + FOV Highest = 1250MB usage

Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:09 PM   #6328
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Thanks for running that. So from your results, I can conclude that 1.5 gigs shall be enough, yes?
Too predictable.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:01 PM   #6329
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Thanks for running that. So from your results, I can conclude that 1.5 gigs shall be enough, yes?
I would assume so.

Old Mar 24, 2012, 08:02 PM   #6330
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Also found this thread. Interesting read. Thanks for the help logical.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1151904/b...ual-vram-usage
Too predictable.