Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 1, 2017, 08:09 AM   #7291
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFtinkerer View Post
Thanks! Just needed to start thinning out for the summer. I'm a little too flabby but cutting of course reduces strength and endurance some so...don't like it. Right as I hit a good PR. I don't need to totally go the bodybuilder <10% fat but just want to look better when I hit the pool/beach. Not that it matters all that much;just ego. I had tried keto last year and it cut pretty fast but I lost a ton of strength. I need to just lower my calories and drop a few pounds in a month...see if that works.
I remember you went through a little scare doing the keto too, unless I'm thinking of something else? That last pic you posted looked more beast than flab too
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I have a hard time with legs during my leg days due to damage to knees from jogging in my 20s but shoulders seem to be working fine. At 42 years old anyway...we shall see later on.
Thanks - I knew that sucker was going, but kept trying lol. I still think it'll be stronger than ever afterwards. Right now I'm confined to body weight leg days, pistol squats etc or just really low tempo to get the burn going. Lucky for me I enjoy leg day

Oh, 42...you got time buddy. I hit 58 in August - got to see how long I can keep this old jalopy running

Vernon Law
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:26 AM   #7292
RFtinkerer
Not with it

RFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah, I had something go on last year. The docs finally concluded it was some sort of ocular migraine with the double vision, memory loss, and loss of coordination but who knows. No pain or anything. Never had one like that or since. I don't know if it had anything to do with the keto diet but I'm not really eager to do it again. Especially after my middle daughter got diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in March. She had gone into diabetic ketoacidosis and we had no clue. Drinking more, sleepy, thinning out, but we thought it was just some complicated flu. Brought her to urgent care finally...they ran some flu, strep tests, the like. And they had slushies in the waiting room so we let her have 3 small cups since she wasn't eating and we thought it was good. HUGE MISTAKE. I'm actually really mad they didn't check her blood sugar. Next morning apparently she was stumbling, not like herself at all, my wife took her to the ER. Five minutes later there was the diagnosis and they rushed her to Children's Mercy intensive care where we spent a horrible couple of nights. Now she's been taking insulin a ~4 times a day for meals, etc., and blood sugar tests 8-10 times a day. Uh, I split off-tangent but the big problem was she was producing a large amount of ketones which acidified her blood. And we do that PURPOSEFULLY during keto dieting, so having known what it did to her I'm like no way. Even though I've seen plenty of people on the keto diet and do great it stresses me to think about it.

I remember when 58 sounded old. Now not so much. Just that much closer to retirement.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:31 PM   #7293
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Lazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmLazy8s achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Yeah, I had something go on last year. The docs finally concluded it was some sort of ocular migraine with the double vision, memory loss, and loss of coordination but who knows. No pain or anything. Never had one like that or since. I don't know if it had anything to do with the keto diet but I'm not really eager to do it again. Especially after my middle daughter got diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in March. She had gone into diabetic ketoacidosis and we had no clue. Drinking more, sleepy, thinning out, but we thought it was just some complicated flu. Brought her to urgent care finally...they ran some flu, strep tests, the like. And they had slushies in the waiting room so we let her have 3 small cups since she wasn't eating and we thought it was good. HUGE MISTAKE. I'm actually really mad they didn't check her blood sugar. Next morning apparently she was stumbling, not like herself at all, my wife took her to the ER. Five minutes later there was the diagnosis and they rushed her to Children's Mercy intensive care where we spent a horrible couple of nights. Now she's been taking insulin a ~4 times a day for meals, etc., and blood sugar tests 8-10 times a day. Uh, I split off-tangent but the big problem was she was producing a large amount of ketones which acidified her blood. And we do that PURPOSEFULLY during keto dieting, so having known what it did to her I'm like no way. Even though I've seen plenty of people on the keto diet and do great it stresses me to think about it.

I remember when 58 sounded old. Now not so much. Just that much closer to retirement.
Oh man I'm so glad your daughter is ok That's as scary as it gets, but taking insulin beats the heck out of the alternative.

I don't do keto any more myself either. No bad experiences, I just missed my carbs

Vernon Law
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 2, 2017, 03:06 PM   #7294
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
over the last 3+ years have been carrying an extra 30-40lbs. was at 255lbs couple of months ago. got it down to 239 now. goal is 210-220, or maybe even less (weight i havn't really been at since highschool)... also ran 5k relatively easily yesterday while not being able to do much more than 4k during this time. bodyweight exercises such as pullups and dips are also amazingly easy now. can easily do 6 pullups with solid form where as before 3 would be a challenge. with dips can do 20+ in a set. really need to keep this sh*t up... by far the most consistent effort i have ever put in. biggest thing i am changing is trying to eat less. diet is so so huge for me. i lift and otherwise exercise about the same amount, but trying to eat less crap...
@236lbs now. still really want to get into the 220s. running 6k once or twice a week. still doing benching/pullups/dips/arms.

EDIT: Jeez RF...
Who is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
ah, ok. Yeah, I don't watch Game of Thrones. Thank you.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2017, 03:26 PM   #7295
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
@236lbs now. still really want to get into the 220s. running 6k once or twice a week. still doing benching/pullups/dips/arms.

EDIT: Jeez RF...
A friend of mine started at exactly 255lbs about 5 months ago. He weighed in at 215 a week ago, and is building muscle pretty fast on top of that.

Keep after it, you'll get it.

Vernon Law
Old Jun 2, 2017, 07:25 PM   #7296
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished roadbob saget nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
A friend of mine started at exactly 255lbs about 5 months ago. He weighed in at 215 a week ago, and is building muscle pretty fast on top of that.

Keep after it, you'll get it.
wow that's a crazy drop. no doubt he had to radically change his diet probably.

after graduating highschool 10 years ago, i started on a dark decline into work, university, etc, that did not line up with healthy lifestyles hahaha.
Who is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
ah, ok. Yeah, I don't watch Game of Thrones. Thank you.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2017, 08:30 PM   #7297
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
wow that's a crazy drop. no doubt he had to radically change his diet probably.

after graduating highschool 10 years ago, i started on a dark decline into work, university, etc, that did not line up with healthy lifestyles hahaha.
Oddly enough, he didn't start losing until I suggested he eat more. He's been fighting this battle for about 10 years and comes from a power lifter background. His whole idea was rabbit food and the "right" carbs for dieting though, and he was struggling with 1500 cals a day.

I had him adjust his macros to lower carbs (no refined carbs) to about 30%, with fats and proteins about 35% each and shoot for 1900-2100 a day. He lost his first 10lbs (mostly water weight) that month, and has been steadily losing at 1-2lbs a week since, with the occasional setback like we all have.

He's dedicated for sure.

Vernon Law
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:26 PM   #7298
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Pretty happy with this picture considering all I've dealt with lately with injuries and trying to cut down and whatnot.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:24 AM   #7299
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

I've managed to get my weight under control, it seems. I'm not into counting calories, but I stopped eating sugary stuff some weeks ago. My weight had gone up about 5 % during the winter mostly due to eating unnecessary stuff. Being tired makes me desire anything sweet, and in excess amounts. By just dropping sugars and generally eating slightly more I've already nearly reached last summer's weight.

Strength training feels a lot better, too. That's not a surprise, though. Any weight drop really helps in bodyweight training. I've been doing a pullup programme and some leg work and mobility exercises instead of YAYOG, I found better motivation that way. I need some goals to focus on training, just doing a programme for the sake of doing it is not motivating. Soon it's time to start adding core exercises to the programme.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 03:29 AM   #7300
KAC
Bitch please...

KAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Its Ramadan. Losing KGs and taking names.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2017, 05:38 PM   #7301
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
Pretty happy with this picture considering all I've dealt with lately with injuries and trying to cut down and whatnot.

Whatever you're doing, it's working. Badass pic there ice.

edit: Market that to some of the rags out there

Vernon Law
Old Jun 6, 2017, 05:39 PM   #7302
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Its Ramadan. Losing KGs and taking names.
Do you fast a lot during Ramadan? Just remember how good you feel after it's over and take care to not put it back on.

Vernon Law
Old Jun 15, 2017, 01:42 AM   #7303
KAC
Bitch please...

KAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmKAC achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yes, I fast 100% of Ramadan. These days are quite possibly the toughest days of Ramadan I have experienced in my life. Have to wake up at 3 AM to eat and then next meal is at 7 10 PM. My throat is parched by 6 AM when I re-wake up lol.

However, it is helping me lose some extra fat. Feeling good about it but generally feel very hungry and lethargic during the day.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 11:32 AM   #7304
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

I mean is it really fasting if you're just waiting til a certain time of the day to eat? You probably just double up eating and you're not eating all day.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:37 PM   #7305
RFtinkerer
Not with it

RFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Not really...intermittent fasting is a technique to lose weight quickly. However, you need to make sure your body does not have time to adapt and you will tend to lose a lot of muscle as well as fat.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 01:11 PM   #7306
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Not really...intermittent fasting is a technique to lose weight quickly. However, you need to make sure your body does not have time to adapt and you will tend to lose a lot of muscle as well as fat.

Also need to learn how to eat so as not to regain the fat.

Vernon Law
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:08 AM   #7307
KAC
Bitch please...

I don't eat a lot. I usually lose 5-7 Ks during the month.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 02:29 PM   #7308
lviz
On my way

I did a 10k SUP paddle in really nice weather today, took 1h52min. Felt really good to be out at the sea again.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 02:36 PM   #7309
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
I did a 10k SUP paddle in really nice weather today, took 1h52min. Felt really good to be out at the sea again.
Nice. You've come a long way since your surgery.

Vernon Law
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:15 PM   #7310
lviz
On my way

Yeah! After the SUP trip, I did about 2 km in a racing K1, the same kayak in which I pushed the hip beyond its boundaries in a race back in the day. No pain during or after now, which was nice. Also, the balance required to sit in that thing was still there. The power required to go fast, though, was really not there...

I think that I'll need to start considering the hip to be OK now, which might be a bit of a mental challenge because it took me a couple of years to accept that it's totally busted.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 01:07 AM   #7311
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Yeah! After the SUP trip, I did about 2 km in a racing K1, the same kayak in which I pushed the hip beyond its boundaries in a race back in the day. No pain during or after now, which was nice. Also, the balance required to sit in that thing was still there. The power required to go fast, though, was really not there...

I think that I'll need to start considering the hip to be OK now, which might be a bit of a mental challenge because it took me a couple of years to accept that it's totally busted.
I'm only 10 days out of surgery and I already fully understand that! Fear of showering because I might inadvertently move the shoulder and tear the tendon back off the bone. More afraid of the wife if I don't shower ...

So you're free to go back to full workouts of your choosing now? That's great to see, especially because I remember when you first starting acknowledging that there was a problem.

Vernon Law
Old Jun 18, 2017, 08:26 PM   #7312
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Finally set up my weight rack and bench, so did a workout. Swam for around 20 minutes as a warm up, then did 3x5x135 squats and 3x5x135 bench. Sucks to have fallen so far. Taking the dogs on a walk for a cool down.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2017, 08:41 PM   #7313
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

Eclipsed 5000 total miles riding my bike. 1500 for the year and a bit behind pace to hit my goal of 4000 for the year.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2017, 02:08 AM   #7314
lviz
On my way

Quote:
I'm only 10 days out of surgery and I already fully understand that! Fear of showering because I might inadvertently move the shoulder and tear the tendon back off the bone. More afraid of the wife if I don't shower ...

So you're free to go back to full workouts of your choosing now? That's great to see, especially because I remember when you first starting acknowledging that there was a problem.
Pretty much yes. The only sport I've used to do and have not tried yet is volleyball. It requires so fast changes in movement direction that I don't feel confident enough to try it yet. The muscles involved in side lunges need to be much stronger before I can try playing again.

Of course I need to be careful about the training loads and there are better and worse days, but that's not too different from any man who's reaching middle age really. I turn 40 this month. With the kid and all, I will not reach the fitness levels and cannot cope with the training loads I had 4 years ago, but that's life. Priorities have changed.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 01:02 PM   #7315
Lazy8s
@ MCA

Quote:
Pretty much yes. The only sport I've used to do and have not tried yet is volleyball. It requires so fast changes in movement direction that I don't feel confident enough to try it yet. The muscles involved in side lunges need to be much stronger before I can try playing again.

Of course I need to be careful about the training loads and there are better and worse days, but that's not too different from any man who's reaching middle age really. I turn 40 this month. With the kid and all, I will not reach the fitness levels and cannot cope with the training loads I had 4 years ago, but that's life. Priorities have changed.
Happy Birthday then! And yeah, kids have a way of making you re-order your life. Lots of good returns on that investment though.

I just realized you aren't much older than my oldest

Vernon Law
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:16 PM   #7316
lviz
On my way

Quote:
Happy Birthday then! And yeah, kids have a way of making you re-order your life. Lots of good returns on that investment though.

I just realized you aren't much older than my oldest
Thanks!

I guess that didn't make you feel any younger

Yesterday was the last day of a 10 day exercise period, with a single rest day. Wife & kid come back home from a trip to her parents today, so time will be more limited. I had a pretty good and varied set of aerobic exercises:
- running 4 km twice
- SUP paddling three times: 7 km, 10 km, 16 km
- cycling once 17 km
- walking 8 km; not counting daily walking at work and such
- open water swimming twice; 600 m and 2.3 km

I had minor hip challenges in the last 2 km of the longest SUP paddle, and running shows that the calves are weak as spaghetti. Other muscles in the legs would cope with much longer runs, though it's better for the knees to start with short runs anyway.