Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Other Discussions » PC Gaming Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Support The Rage3D community looks forward to helping you find a solution to the problems you're having with PC games, old and new.

Old May 10, 2010, 02:00 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Borderlands SLI oddness

Problem #1

I can't get AA to work for ****.
Tried everything I can figure out in nhancer, sli AA, multisample, renaming exe to bioshock. It will not work.

#2..

There are places where if I stand still the SLI usage bar is at ~75%. If I turn around 180*, the usage bar drops to nothing and my frame rate dives.
What in the hell? How is that possible just by looking different directions in the game?
I have the latest drivers and still put on the SLI update #3, but there are places I can get 80fps, then turn around and get 11 with the SLI bar going to 0.

Edit for update:
I have yet to get AA to work in any way. But naming the exe bioshock I get high 70's fps. Named borderlands, I get low 20's. But with SLI enabled any time an item description is open, either walking up to a wep or opening a vendor, SLI stops working and I get sub-10fps. Walking up to ammo and getting that icon pop up does not cause it.

Last edited by night : May 11, 2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 01:20 AM   #2
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

ttt because this is still bugging the sh*t out of me
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:11 PM   #3
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

There is an nHancer UE3 profile that a few people mentioned in the Borderlands thread that worked very well for me. I would just search nHancer in the thread. I'm sure that It will pop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
fianlly tested all nvidia AA modes.

fore best framerate use this flag.

080100C5 Unreal Engine 3

playing with 4AA constant 60fps capped.

Last edited by BababooeyHTJ : Jul 4, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 4, 2010, 02:27 PM   #4
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

ya, i've used that. as well as hyrbid sli, and every other possible option. Although I never know if nhancer is really doing it's thing anyway. Copied the nhancer UT3 setup to borderlands and it doesn't make a diff.
My problem is SLI specific. with one card it runs fine. really, I don't care about AA anymore, with sli I am running 1920x1200. Although I was under the impression SLI-AA would work with anything. still, the real problem are the nose dive frame rate by just having the weapon description open.

Last edited by night : Jul 4, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:13 AM   #5
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

OK, I give up. I get 35-40fps at 1920x1200 with one card on full detail so screw it. SLI is unpossible on this game.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 01:40 PM   #6
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

SLI and AA work just fine for me, forcing through the CP.

Have you tried a driver re-install and updated Directx to the June Redist?

Makre sure though that durring the re-install process, that after the uninstall enter safemode, run Driversweeper and CCleaner just to be sure. Then re-install. I am using the latest 258.69 Forceware minus the 3D driver.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:16 AM   #7
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

It works, just certain circumstance where it falls on its face. Like.. load a game don't even move, I get 85 fps. Open any inventory, vendor, menu, etc. screen and it goes to 9 fps. I have tried every compatibility and it doesn't change.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:33 PM   #8
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
It works, just certain circumstance where it falls on its face. Like.. load a game don't even move, I get 85 fps. Open any inventory, vendor, menu, etc. screen and it goes to 9 fps. I have tried every compatibility and it doesn't change.
I don't know the game runs perfectly smooth, I have yet to see performance tank, it could just be my system.

Truth be told, its possible that your video cards are probably starting to show their age, 512MB per card at 1920x1200 with 4xAA in a game like Borderlands might not be enough.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64