Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:49 PM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Im no longer particapting in car threads here. Too many ignorant people that think their cars are elite and everything else on the road is a piece of **** Not saying everyone here is that way, but a lot of people seem to think they know everything about cars from what they read on the internet
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:50 PM   #122
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
Im no longer particapting in car threads here. Too many ignorant people that think their cars are elite and everything else on the road is a piece of **** Not saying everyone here is that way, but a lot of people seem to think they know everything about cars from what they read on the internet
don't get all pissy, you're the one who can't provide actual proof of the surprisingly round #'s you're posting.

and i've done far far far more than just read on the internet, i've been working on cars on my own for the last 6 years now, i've owned 2 14 second rx7s and a 12 second rx7, and i'm slowly working on my bug, you wouldn't know the first thing about an air cooled engine. the only thing you have to go by is what you read on the internet.

Last edited by Elysian : Aug 18, 2006 at 05:52 PM.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 05:51 PM   #123
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post

That's what a 6 cylinder should sound like.
What, thats what a 6cyl should sound like? Bro, thats more rice than the stang.
Even though i dont like it much, Omega's didnt sound that bad. I would have probably went with something more meaty, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Here's my stock 6cyl. Sounds better when the car is in motion.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:18 PM   #124
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Nitrous is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
What, thats what a 6cyl should sound like? Bro, thats more rice than the stang.
Even though i dont like it much, Omega's didnt sound that bad. I would have probably went with something more meaty, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Here's my stock 6cyl. Sounds better when the car is in motion.
I think, for what it is, Omega's didn't sound bad at all. Much better than I would have expected to be honest. It's not the "Meaty" sound I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing in any way. It suits the car, and if Omega likes it, then why do you (Shaidar) feel the need to bash on him for it?

And _Titanium, these are just my personal observations from driving any number of cars on the track, and even more on the street. I am just not a fan of the unpredictable nature of AWD regarding understeer. Understeer is the arch-enemy of good handling, and while even most RWD cars are set to do so from the factory, AWD cars seem to be the hardest to pry away from it. I don't have any doubt about your experience, and therefore I respect your opinion (no reason not to, and from being on this forum lurking for a few years, I can generally see that you know your sh*t). However, it seems like people that can have no ability to partake in an intelligent conversation always spring up in these discussions, and it's really unfortunate. No one here drives a car that is "omgwowzersSOFASTits perfectt dood". There is no "perfect" car for everyone, regardless of budget. So let's just keep things realistic.
AMD Socket-940 FX-51, Asus SK8V Motherboard, ATI X800XT PE, 1024mb Corsair XMS Registered ECC RAM, 120gb Western Digital EIDE Hard Drive, Plextor PX-716A DVD-R/RW Drive, Thermaltake Case, 480w Thermaltake PSU, Thermaltake "Big A**" CPU Cooler, Viewsonic VA2012wb

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:24 PM   #125
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

It's just an opinion. I don't like the way his exhaust sounds. If it's a small engine (i.e. smaller than a V8 ) it should either be forced induction or high RPM. His engine is neither.

Last edited by ShaidarHaran : Aug 18, 2006 at 06:27 PM.
ShaidarHaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:27 PM   #126
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
It's just an opinion. I don't like the way his exhaust sounds. If it's a small engine (i.e. smaller than a V8) it should either be forced induction or high RPM. His engine is neither.
My 2.8L I-6 is normally aspirated and revs to 6250rpm? Does that mean it's a bad engine?
AMD Socket-940 FX-51, Asus SK8V Motherboard, ATI X800XT PE, 1024mb Corsair XMS Registered ECC RAM, 120gb Western Digital EIDE Hard Drive, Plextor PX-716A DVD-R/RW Drive, Thermaltake Case, 480w Thermaltake PSU, Thermaltake "Big A**" CPU Cooler, Viewsonic VA2012wb

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:28 PM   #127
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ShaidarHaran once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
My 2.8L I-6 is normally aspirated and revs to 6250rpm? Does that mean it's a bad engine?
That's a flawed question. "bad" is subjective. Define bad, then I'll answer the question.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:41 PM   #128
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
That's a flawed question. "bad" is subjective. Define bad, then I'll answer the question.
My apologies. But in context of what you said, it's a small engine that is neither force inducted, nor particularly rev-happy. At the same time, it puts out decent power, with a very flat torque curve. 193hp and 206ft/lbs torque. Though it's never been on a dyno, BMW is known for underrating their power numbers, and most people believe the numbers to be about 200/215 respectively. 0-60 in 6.1 seconds (under 6 if power shifting and dump the clutch), and still manage to get 28mpg mixed city/hwy. Seems like a good engine to me.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:45 PM   #129
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
My apologies. But in context of what you said, it's a small engine that is neither force inducted, nor particularly rev-happy. At the same time, it puts out decent power, with a very flat torque curve. 193hp and 206ft/lbs torque. Though it's never been on a dyno, BMW is known for underrating their power numbers, and most people believe the numbers to be about 200/215 respectively. 0-60 in 6.1 seconds (under 6 if power shifting and dump the clutch), and still manage to get 28mpg mixed city/hwy. Seems like a good engine to me.
i've driven a 98 M Roadster quite a few times in the past, and it had the 3.0l I6, phenomenal engine.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:47 PM   #130
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
I think, for what it is, Omega's didn't sound bad at all. Much better than I would have expected to be honest. It's not the "Meaty" sound I'm used to, but that's not a bad thing in any way. It suits the car, and if Omega likes it, then why do you (Shaidar) feel the need to bash on him for it?

And _Titanium, these are just my personal observations from driving any number of cars on the track, and even more on the street. I am just not a fan of the unpredictable nature of AWD regarding understeer. Understeer is the arch-enemy of good handling, and while even most RWD cars are set to do so from the factory, AWD cars seem to be the hardest to pry away from it. I don't have any doubt about your experience, and therefore I respect your opinion (no reason not to, and from being on this forum lurking for a few years, I can generally see that you know your sh*t). However, it seems like people that can have no ability to partake in an intelligent conversation always spring up in these discussions, and it's really unfortunate. No one here drives a car that is "omgwowzersSOFASTits perfectt dood". There is no "perfect" car for everyone, regardless of budget. So let's just keep things realistic.
Yeah, they do generally turn into flame fests.

I just find it to be a common misconception that AWD = easy. I do still think its possible to hit the skill limits before the cars limits with an AWD car, and like you said the unpredictable oversteer. Making that predictable is the biggest challange in learning how to properly drive an AWD car.

My favorite is when people try to say drag launching a WRX is easy. Far from it, theres two things that happen, or three rather. You launch perfect, you bog out, or you destroy halfshafts/differentials/gears. RWD and FWD people get a little bit of rubber taken off their wheels if they dump too hard, AWD people get to trailer their cars home.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2006, 06:51 PM   #131
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
i've driven a 98 M Roadster quite a few times in the past, and it had the 3.0l I6, phenomenal engine.
Indeed. I drove a 1997 M3 for a year and that 3.1l (i think it was 3.1) inline six put out lots of horsepower and torque.

Honestly, Inline is the way to go unless you dont have the space for it ( like some crazy inline 8cyl! )

Inline motors are great and generally build more torque than V motors. The reason you dont see I-8's but rather V8's in your muscle cars and what not is because the engine would be around 3-4ft long, not to mention it would throw off the balance of a vehicle with an engine that long and heavy.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:07 PM   #132
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Indeed. I drove a 1997 M3 for a year and that 3.1l (i think it was 3.1) inline six put out lots of horsepower and torque.

Honestly, Inline is the way to go unless you dont have the space for it ( like some crazy inline 8cyl! )

Inline motors are great and generally build more torque than V motors. The reason you dont see I-8's but rather V8's in your muscle cars and what not is because the engine would be around 3-4ft long, not to mention it would throw off the balance of a vehicle with an engine that long and heavy.
i want a 2000 or newer M Roadster, with the 3.2l I6, thats my dream car right now. though i did see a new M Coupe(based on the Z4) yesterday, and i must say, it looks way way better than the Z4...
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:11 PM   #133
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
i want a 2000 or newer M Roadster, with the 3.2l I6, thats my dream car right now. though i did see a new M Coupe(based on the Z4) yesterday, and i must say, it looks way way better than the Z4...
Cayman S outperforms it a good bit
Old Aug 18, 2006, 07:14 PM   #134
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
Cayman S outperforms it a good bit
so? lol
Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:54 PM   #135
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
so? lol
Exactly. It's about passion, and which one you feel is a better fit for YOU.

And it's a 3.2L I6. It has been since the 1996 M3 debuted, but for 1995, though it was the same body style, it was the S50 3.0L OBD1 engine. Absolutely wonderful car in any incarnation though.

And the new M-Coupe is phenomonal. I absolutely love it, moreso than just about any other Bangle-ized BMW.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 18, 2006, 10:57 PM   #136
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Yes the new M-Coupe is mighty impressive. Its quick, super quick, but its not the fastest out there but that car has barrels of goosebumps!
Old Aug 19, 2006, 01:22 AM   #137
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
Yes the new M-Coupe is mighty impressive. Its quick, super quick, but its not the fastest out there but that car has barrels of goosebumps!
Quoted for Mother-F-ing Truth!

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:42 AM   #138
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Razmadaz is still being judged by the masses

All of you guys talk about straight line speeds and boring torque curves...

Does ANYONE here take their car to their local racing track ?

I just started this summer, it's a blast and you start to see that a wicked driver in a 1999 civic with suspension mods can kick the **** out of anything else on the track - including a new BWM M5, Ferraris, whatever else (except for a formula car), it's sight to behold really.

Also, there's an older M-series that runs as well, I'm thinking something close to the 90's, not sure exactly what it is, but it's one of the most cars for track racing, again a simple suspension mod and the guy cleans up.

In closing, speed is boring without turns.
Razmadaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:38 AM   #139
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Wow... practically everyone but me on this forum is a car enthusiast? I hate the things, and use a bike or public transportation... am I the only one?
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 08:00 AM   #140
ShaidarHaran
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razmadaz View Post

I just started this summer, it's a blast and you start to see that a wicked driver in a 1999 civic with suspension mods can kick the **** out of anything else on the track - including a new BWM M5, Ferraris, whatever else (except for a formula car), it's sight to behold really.

Also, there's an older M-series that runs as well, I'm thinking something close to the 90's, not sure exactly what it is, but it's one of the most cars for track racing, again a simple suspension mod and the guy cleans up.

ROFLMAO! Damn Honda drivers.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:11 PM   #141
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:

If you read any of my posts, you'd have seen that I've been doign it for a couple of years.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 19, 2006, 12:25 PM   #142
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
ROFLMAO! Damn Honda drivers.
I dont know whats worse, his comment or yours. So him being a honda driver is the leading reason to think this? Nah... its called him coming into page5 of a thread and to make such a n00b statement.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:47 PM   #143
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
A Cobra isn't really the same as 95% of the regular Mustangs one sees on the street. I can respect Cobra's as quick, nay, fast, cars; they post excellent times at drag strips, and as far as bang-for-your-buck goes, they're up there with the Corvette Z06. There is a reason, though, that they're not really much used at track events, and that is because so much of their technology is 30 years old. Solid rear axle? Ouch. Granted, for $38,000 one can't expect a Ferrari, but with that much power, even on the GT's, an LSD would have been a smart move by Ford.

And yes, I would expect it to be faster than the majority of BMW's. Though the $80,000 M5 would out-accelerate it... It's just that, $80,000. I don't have that much to spend on a car, but if I did, it would get some serious consideration. However, they're two different cars for different purposes.
The '03-'04 have IRS. I auto-x mine locally and with a tubular K-member and coil-overs, I'm able to run with anyone at the track through the corners and it stomps ass in the straights. Granted, I'm not playing with Ferrari's or Lamborghini's but againt Corvette's and imports from Asia, I do fine.

Anyways, I guess what I was getting at was how cheese dicks with V-6 Mustangs like the one in the OP make the rest of Mustang owners look like retards.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse

Last edited by swingline : Aug 19, 2006 at 02:50 PM.
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 02:57 PM   #144
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
Anyways, I guess what I was getting at was how cheese dicks with V-6 Mustangs like the one in the OP make the rest of Mustang owners look like retards.
Oh come on. Is that really necessary?
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:07 PM   #145
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight View Post
Oh come on. Is that really necessary?
Yes. Guys in ****ing V-6 Mustangs that race on the ****ing interstate are idiots. Did I offend your sensibilities because you have a V-6 Mustang and thought it was big ****?
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 03:43 PM   #146
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

No, I don't have a V6 Mustang. I was referring to the insult.

Calm your ass down.

Anyway, I forgot who the OP was and thought you were referring to Omega53.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Last edited by DeathKnight : Aug 19, 2006 at 03:59 PM.
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2006, 05:56 PM   #147
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
I dont know whats worse, his comment or yours. So him being a honda driver is the leading reason to think this? Nah... its called him coming into page5 of a thread and to make such a n00b statement.
Actually, I though his comment about "using the road to slingshot himself past the guys" was pretty bad, I'm still laughing at that.

Anyway, enjoy your gay "street racing" stories.

And yes Nitrous, I did read your posts, it's nice to know that someone acutally applies technique to their driving.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:17 PM   #148
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
Actually, I though his comment about "using the road to slingshot himself past the guys" was pretty bad, I'm still laughing at that.

Anyway, enjoy your gay "street racing" stories.

And yes Nitrous, I did read your posts, it's nice to know that someone acutally applies technique to their driving.
Yeah, but don't get me wrong, I KEEP it on the track. Street racing is moronic, just plain stupid. Why do people feel the need to put other's lives at risk so they can make fools of themselves? I don't get it... And then they come and brag about it online.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:24 PM   #149
Razmadaz
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Yeah, but don't get me wrong, I KEEP it on the track. Street racing is moronic, just plain stupid. Why do people feel the need to put other's lives at risk so they can make fools of themselves? I don't get it... And then they come and brag about it online.
That was my whole point ... It's stupid and if there's a track nearby, why not just use it - and listening to someone saying that they "used a slingshot technique" to pass a car on a freeway, pretty much proves the point that the guy can't drive. You will never here a good driver bragging about street racing.

Anyway, speed doesn't kill, it's people who use it where they're not suppose to.
Old Aug 19, 2006, 06:32 PM   #150
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
That was my whole point ... It's stupid and if there's a track nearby, why not just use it - and listening to someone saying that they "used a slingshot technique" to pass a car on a freeway, pretty much proves the point that the guy can't drive. You will never here a good driver bragging about street racing.

Anyway, speed doesn't kill, it's people who use it where they're not suppose to.
Amen.

What is a "slingshot technique" anyway? As far as I know, such a thing isn't possible in a car. Sounds like someone has seen "Star Trek: The Journey Home" one too many times...

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771