Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:23 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Nitrous is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckart View Post
Psh. No way do0d.

Type-R > Gheybring.
Umm....

http://www.sebringraceway.com/
AMD Socket-940 FX-51, Asus SK8V Motherboard, ATI X800XT PE, 1024mb Corsair XMS Registered ECC RAM, 120gb Western Digital EIDE Hard Drive, Plextor PX-716A DVD-R/RW Drive, Thermaltake Case, 480w Thermaltake PSU, Thermaltake "Big A**" CPU Cooler, Viewsonic VA2012wb

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:24 PM   #62
SpongeBebop
Freedom Fighter Morgan

SpongeBebop is still being judged by the masses

Pwn

"...mediocrity is what's rampant. Excellence is rare." -Don Cheadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
My spouse is in child support enforcement so I'll always be happily married. :)
SpongeBebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:32 PM   #63
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous View Post
It really is true, and goes beyond the marketing hype that they're the "Ultimate Driving Machine", because for the money, I couldn't find any other car that really made me feel so alive to drive. Now, I drive my 328Ci daily, but I've driven and raced plenty of M3s, a couple M5s, and even some M Coupes, and it is such an adrenaline rush, nothing Japanese or American comes close to it.
My next car will be a 328CI
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:34 PM   #64
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef View Post
Great minds think alike
AMD Socket-940 FX-51, Asus SK8V Motherboard, ATI X800XT PE, 1024mb Corsair XMS Registered ECC RAM, 120gb Western Digital EIDE Hard Drive, Plextor PX-716A DVD-R/RW Drive, Thermaltake Case, 480w Thermaltake PSU, Thermaltake "Big A**" CPU Cooler, Viewsonic VA2012wb

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:36 PM   #65
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Sorry my third favorite Swede, anything below 5 is not a BMW.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:36 PM   #66
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

The 328CI is a fantastic car... Indeed, im a huge Acura fan but the fun factor of the BMW's take all. With that being said, Acura's CL TypeS comes pretty darn close. If that car was RWD, it would be a serious contender. Thats my biggest complaint with this car which could lead into that special fun factor that Bimmers have.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:40 PM   #67
SpongeBebop
Freedom Fighter Morgan

SpongeBebop is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Anything below a Bugatti Veyron isn't a fast car.

"...mediocrity is what's rampant. Excellence is rare." -Don Cheadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
My spouse is in child support enforcement so I'll always be happily married. :)
SpongeBebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:44 PM   #68
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but if you are, that's a pretty ignorant statement... The 3-series is the bread and butter of BMW, being the basis for all the companies race cars, and the M3, a car to which many other cars are compared to and try, and fail, to live up to. That's not to say the 5,6, and 7 series aren't great, but come on...

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:46 PM   #69
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
The 328CI is a fantastic car... Indeed, im a huge Acura fan but the fun factor of the BMW's take all. With that being said, Acura's CL TypeS comes pretty darn close. If that car was RWD, it would be a serious contender. Thats my biggest complaint with this car which could lead into that special fun factor that Bimmers have.
I would agree. As far as Japanese cars go, Acura pretty much takes the cake (exceptions being Japanese cars exclusive to Japan... the overrated, but still fantastic, Skyline comes to mind...); the RSX and TSX are light, fun, fantastically designed cars, and although they're FWD, I really enjoy tossing them around through some curvy roads. I can't say I've ever driven a CL Type-S, but if the company's other cars are any indication, I have no reason to doubt that it's fantastic. Not to mention probably less finicky than it's European counterparts.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 17, 2006, 01:51 PM   #70
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Well, the CLs is just a 2dr version of the TLs... So you have the power yet the full size, though it still a big car. Its just sported up more than the TLs. Just take the TSX and the RSX and make them 270hp and add 3500lbs lol
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:29 PM   #71
ckart
Prepare to die.

ckart is still being judged by the masses

Arg, I am teh noob. Maybe I meant his car is better than the Sebring Raceway? No, there is no way out. I'm a noob. Dammit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
"If you don't get in this car RIGHT now the devil will eat your soul!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Horizons are gay if they wear plaid flannel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic View Post
When my gf needs wiping, I pee in her butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooung View Post
I wish no harm to come to anybody and hope everybody lives happy lives filled with rabbits and flowers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_141 View Post
I'm feeling my boobs right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock-n-Awe View Post
Do Not Eat Pringles Fat Free Potato Chips. They Will Grease Your Ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Delissio makes my ******* scream the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
Jesus Christ saved me from drowing in a lake once. I offered him manches, but he was like "eww gross, no. kthxby" and that was the last time I saw him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTIcemanTNT
Hello, nice to meet you, I am a large supplier of man custard.
ckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:33 PM   #72
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Hahahaha... at least you took it like a man.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:34 PM   #73
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I would rather Skyline R34 GTR or Supra turbo with heavy modifies.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:39 PM   #74
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I would rather Skyline R34 GTR or Supra turbo with heavy modifies.
You know what i just noticed, the chick on the right in your avatar has a lot of spaceage between her legs. Look at that, you can drive a truck through there.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:47 PM   #75
riho
Breaking a take

riho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyriho can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't race on city roads. If I'm feeling the racedriver in me lifting his head I take the car on some gravel roads and drive there. Nevermind that I have a FWD car. I also have my trusty handbrake :d
It's really fun but I feel the pain when I'm going 90 miles throug larges holes and the suspension is frigging crying.
riho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:48 PM   #76
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I can't tell if you're being serious or not, but if you are, that's a pretty ignorant statement...
I was being sarcastic, see that bleh smiley over there?

On a sidenote, it's a running joke over here that kids drive BMW 3s and adults drive 5 and 7 series.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 02:53 PM   #77
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Mustangs aren't sports cars. They just aren't.
True, I'd say that a Stage 3 Roush Mustang would be a muscle car, not a sports car. However, a v6 stang is neither.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:01 PM   #78
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I have driven many different cars throughout the years but to do this day the M3 (the one prior to this generation) was just an amazing vehicle at the track. Never have I took the course at Road America and especially Summit Point with such a fine machine.

Also the thing about Honda\Acura is they totally took their eyes off the ball. Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of Honda, however after the Integra Type-R they have completely lost it's edge.

Scoobies, Evo's and a whole host of other cars throughout the last 5 years have completely dominated the landscape. Moreover even their 4 door saloons like the RSX and CL are not sporty enough compared to BMW and I dare say Mercedes. Honda really needs to enter the fray with either a serious V6 or turbo charged 4's.

The Integra Type R without a shadow of a doubt was and still is in my opinion the best all around racer you could ever find in the 25,000 dollar range. Nothing performance wise even comes close. Not to mention the fact that it would take your lovely BMW 3 series for a serious ass whoopin.

But its not exactly fair, my car was completely designed from the ground up for the track. It really is simply a racing car with only 1,000 or so in production. Where as the 3 Series is made for the masses.

Don't get me wrong my next car purchase will be BMW. Being 6 '4 in a Honda is not cutting it anymore.

Last edited by AllexxisF1 : Aug 17, 2006 at 03:03 PM.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:49 PM   #79
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Quote:
Mustangs aren't sports cars. They just aren't.
My Cobra begs to differ. With it's coil-overs, it is just as smooth as any BMW *I* have ever ridden in and sure as **** a lot faster.
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:52 PM   #80
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:

On a sidenote, it's a running joke over here that kids drive BMW 3s and adults drive 5 and 7 series.
Haha okay, good. We all know it's sometimes hard to read sarcasm through text.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:54 PM   #81
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Quote:
Haha okay, good. We all know it's sometimes hard to read sarcasm through text.
Yeah I've been there - just take everything I say with at least a hint of sarcasm, I'm rarely serious - even when flaming people
Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:56 PM   #82
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
My Cobra begs to differ. With it's coil-overs, it is just as smooth as any BMW *I* have ever ridden in and sure as **** a lot faster.
A Cobra isn't really the same as 95% of the regular Mustangs one sees on the street. I can respect Cobra's as quick, nay, fast, cars; they post excellent times at drag strips, and as far as bang-for-your-buck goes, they're up there with the Corvette Z06. There is a reason, though, that they're not really much used at track events, and that is because so much of their technology is 30 years old. Solid rear axle? Ouch. Granted, for $38,000 one can't expect a Ferrari, but with that much power, even on the GT's, an LSD would have been a smart move by Ford.

And yes, I would expect it to be faster than the majority of BMW's. Though the $80,000 M5 would out-accelerate it... It's just that, $80,000. I don't have that much to spend on a car, but if I did, it would get some serious consideration. However, they're two different cars for different purposes.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:48 PM   #83
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
True, I'd say that a Stage 3 Roush Mustang would be a muscle car, not a sports car. However, a v6 stang is neither.

Quote:

Well thats pretty fitting then. My dad is considering a 5 series

BTW Nitrous have you read anything about the new 335i? From whats been said, that thing looks quite impressive I say.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:48 PM   #84
plastic bob
Crimbo

plastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete strangerplastic bob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
I know, it's not really all that much to brag about, but I'm proud of my little Saturn. The chicks dig it
I'm sure those 2 ladies you almost banged in 5 years really thought your saturn was "the ****".
plastic bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:02 PM   #85
Stingray
Banned

Stingray is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic bob View Post
I'm sure those 2 ladies you almost banged in 5 years really thought your saturn was "the ****".
Haha.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:13 PM   #86
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
"the ****".
I'd say that's half right...

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:15 PM   #87
SkullE_again
Rage3D Veteran

SkullE_again is still being judged by the masses

OK V6 Stangs are for show not speed. He was stupid for racing you.

2nd 05 & 06 stangs are speed limited at 113 MPH. So if you went to 120 like you said then his car simply stopped accelerating.

And i still like it no mater what you all say.
SkullE_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:22 PM   #88
Nitrous
X800XT PE

Quote:

Well thats pretty fitting then. My dad is considering a 5 series

BTW Nitrous have you read anything about the new 335i? From whats been said, that thing looks quite impressive I say.
Yeah, there's been a lot of hubbub about it recently, because some independent source tested it and found that, on a dyno, it put out 275RWHP. For a car that's rated at 300 crank HP. And 300RW/TQ when that was it's CRANK number!! Needless to say, BMW seems to be greatly underrating this car's potential, most likely so that the E46 M3 owners won't be entirely pissed off.

I think it's fantastic that BMW is getting back into the turbocharging game, because if any company can do it right, they can. Not to mention, they have already pretty much perfected the Inline-6 engine, with the S54 from the M3 being probably one of the most technologically advanced in the world, especially when it was first introduced. 333hp out of a 3.2L NA I6. That's very impressive to me.

The tuning potential with this new engine is going to be phenomenal as well. Twin turbos putting out (relatively) low boost from the factory. More torque than horsepower, from an inline engine. Rear wheel drive. Six speed manual transmission. This car is going to be a BEAST. Imagine when companies like Hamann or Active Autowerks get their paws on this. Drool.

3dMark056261
3dMark0312771
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:31 PM   #89
ckart
Prepare to die.

ckart is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
That deserves a...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
"If you don't get in this car RIGHT now the devil will eat your soul!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke View Post
Horizons are gay if they wear plaid flannel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic View Post
When my gf needs wiping, I pee in her butt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooung View Post
I wish no harm to come to anybody and hope everybody lives happy lives filled with rabbits and flowers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_141 View Post
I'm feeling my boobs right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shock-n-Awe View Post
Do Not Eat Pringles Fat Free Potato Chips. They Will Grease Your Ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alientank View Post
Delissio makes my ******* scream the next day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCyniC View Post
Jesus Christ saved me from drowing in a lake once. I offered him manches, but he was like "eww gross, no. kthxby" and that was the last time I saw him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTIcemanTNT
Hello, nice to meet you, I am a large supplier of man custard.
ckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 07:29 PM   #90
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Sorry needed to chime in, the 335 is looking mighty impressive. Spec wise it has 300bhp tagged with a twin turbo. Not too shabby... but more impressive is its 0-60 in low 5's.

Oh yeah, this is worthless without pics, so....

Okkkaaaaay.... i think we officially hijacked this thread!