Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jun 14, 2019, 09:13 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Keep using the old 240GB SSD for your OS. Probably still has a lot of life left.

Use the new Samsung 1TB for your games replacing the old spinning drive.

Keep the old spinning drive for general file storage.
That's what I ended up doing....was hard to pass up the Samsung 860 EVO at $137.99. I already moved all my games to the SSD - Assassin's Creed Odyssey is 80GB on it's own. I can now put more music on the storage drive too.

Thanks for all the feedback Ragers!
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:14 AM   #32
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Isn’t NVMe and M2 the same shite? I need to expand and this crucial 1 TB NVMe M2 that the gay linked seems like a deal? What you gays think?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2019, 10:55 AM   #33
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Isn’t NVMe and M2 the same shite?
There's also 2.5" SSDs that are NVMe. Look up "U.2 form factor. "
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 18, 2019, 08:24 PM   #34
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Because of this thread I bought a 250GB MX500 SSD for my cheap little laptop since prices are so cheap. $32 shipped and delivered from Amazon. My little crap $20 used laptop is now blazing for some quick browsing and file transfer as I use it for tuning my car.

Awesome.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote