Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jun 18, 2019, 08:55 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Default Another monitor recommendation thread

Looking to replace my office PC monitor with a new 1440p monitor, used for work/development/light gaming.

It must meet the below criteria:

- IPS or equivalent (need excellent color representation and range, so no TN or cheap IPS like from Acer)

- 144Hz and with Freesync

- Around 32" in size preferably. No smaller than 28"

- No more than $500

I'm currently running this crap:
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-EB321HQU...&s=electronics

However, it's IPS color quality is garbage even after endless calibration attempts. And I want 144hz/Freesync now to do some light gaming such as the new Battlezone 2 remake and Diablo 3.

Also open to 4k monitors as long as it displays 1440p natively without issue. This is going to be powered by a lowly GTX 1080.

Any recommendations?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 08:59 AM   #2
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

LG has a new nanocell IPS 27" 144Hz 1440p G-sync compatible (Freesync) monitor coming out soon. I think they have a larger 30-something inch variant as well.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 09:59 AM   #3
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

I would need something available now. I'm actually considering this one:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XT6WQCJ/ref=emc_b_5_i?th=1
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad