Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Sep 13, 2020, 09:51 AM   #1411
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron

This is the minimum level I was expecting from at least Mario Galaxy.

High resolution + replaced textures.
That's what I was hoping for with Mario 64.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra Gaming
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
Corsair 600T Silver Edition
Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:44 AM   #1412
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Clownies

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Here's a video to run naitive aspect ratio on your new monitor OverclockN

HD version taking a while to process.

Seems the game can even run in 21:9 via AR code.

So yeah, I for sure wont be getting that crappy pack.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 09:19 PM   #1413
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled withOverclockN' is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

That's awesome! I really like the improved textures and how smooth it runs. It's a little stretched...but not bad.

I really need to look up how to do all that.

Are you using the Wii controllers?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:58 PM   #1414
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

You gays buying the upcoming Mario Collection. My kid wants the 3 in 1 coming out this Friday.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2020, 08:25 AM   #1415
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
You gays buying the upcoming Mario Collection. My kid wants the 3 in 1 coming out this Friday.
I assumed we'd be getting it since my son loves the games, but he hasn't shown as much interest as I thought he would.

Probably because we own all the original versions, he doesn't see much point. I have trained him well.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2020, 09:09 AM   #1416
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Im not huge on platformers (even though i have some and played some), so i dont know if i'll get it.

But i never played 64 or sunshine.....

I think the main reason i'd get it is due to its possible collector status in the future since its limited run ends in March 2021.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2020, 09:50 AM   #1417
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5wSl88EO3Y

Looks like they put as much effort into this trailer as they did for the collection itself.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:04 AM   #1418
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

My 6 year old loves Mario games. He plays the NES classic Mario as well on switch and finished Mario Odyssey himself watching YouTube videos. Actually he collected more power moons than my elder son lol. He also finished Luigi’s mansion, and is working on Mario vs Rabbids. He has also gotten adept at Super Mario Smash Bro Homie Dawg edition.

He has been badgering me to pre order but I am waiting till Friday to get it for him.

He has never had any other console compared to the Switch so it’s his first time playing these games.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 10:52 AM   #1419
MyTMouse
Banned

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I would have bought the collection IF....

For the price they are asking the ALSO included Mario Galaxy 2 AND Super Mario 3D World

OR

They priced it $30 cheaper

Also, I HATE this stupid limited time stuff to create fake shortages and drive sales...I will never support this kind of business practice
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2020, 11:24 AM   #1420
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The limited time thing is not so much an issue with this since you can still just buy the digital edition. From release date until next March seems like plenty of time for anyone that wants it to get it.

But yeah, sucks for those who like to get the physical copies.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:08 PM   #1421
SirBaron

SirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselSirBaron exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

The digital is also time limited, so if you buy a switch late and wanted this collection? Well tough **** you can't.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:09 PM   #1422
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That's awesome! I really like the improved textures and how smooth it runs. It's a little stretched...but not bad.

I really need to look up how to do all that.

Are you using the Wii controllers?
Yeah not much you can do about UI stretch, but the game it self is normal, was never designed for this so can't always be perfect.

No I'm using xbox one pad, you can use wii controllers if you also get a IR sensor bar, but eh I cba with all that.

I just want to kick my legs up and play some mario .
Old Sep 14, 2020, 01:25 PM   #1423
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Yeah not much you can do about UI stretch, but the game it self is normal, was never designed for this so can't always be perfect.

No I'm using xbox one pad, you can use wii controllers if you also get a IR sensor bar, but eh I cba with all that.

I just want to kick my legs up and play some mario .
It looks great, thanks for sharing. I've been wanting to do that with GC/Wii/WiiU/Switch games for quite some time.

I have lots of questions. Maybe I'll get a hold of you on Steam if I see you logged in.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
Corsair HX1000W
LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
Asus Sabretooth Z77
Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
Corsair CX750M
Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Old Sep 15, 2020, 08:17 AM   #1424
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Apparently the game leaked and it?s confirmed that the games are emulated, not direct ports.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2020, 08:46 AM   #1425
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
Apparently the game leaked and it?s confirmed that the games are emulated, not direct ports.
So they just slapped together the absolute bare minimum needed to release this thing....

ultimate print money situation lol.
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Sep 15, 2020, 08:54 AM   #1426
MyTMouse
Banned

MyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwardsMyTMouse can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Apparently they recompiled Mario Galaxy to run on the Switch CPU
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2020, 09:56 AM   #1427
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Has anyone checked if they're using the same emulator as nvidia did for the shield ports?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:36 AM   #1428
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Yeah, I pre-ordered it from amazon. Not sure exactly when it's arriving, but I should get it when it launches.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2020, 10:41 AM   #1429
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSubCog doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
hmmm... I wonder if they lost the source code?

Although Mario64 has been fully decompiled now, so they could have just stolen that... Nintendo has shown in the past that they're okay with selling roms that they downloaded from the internet.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:00 AM   #1430
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
The limited time thing is not so much an issue with this since you can still just buy the digital edition. From release date until next March seems like plenty of time for anyone that wants it to get it.

But yeah, sucks for those who like to get the physical copies.
I suspect that they're planning on unbundling them and selling them individually after 6 months. Although if they sell them at $20 each, then there's really no benefit to buying them bundled anyway.

riva tnt
tnt2
geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon 8500
radeon 9600
radeon 9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
radeon 6700xt
Old Sep 15, 2020, 11:38 AM   #1431
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I suspect that they're planning on unbundling them and selling them individually after 6 months. Although if they sell them at $20 each, then there's really no benefit to buying them bundled anyway.
Aside from getting them now as opposed to later I guess.

I agree though. No question these games will be made available again in some form.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:08 PM   #1432
SirBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTMouse View Post
Apparently they recompiled Mario Galaxy to run on the Switch CPU
Only the CPU code, the audio/gpu is done via emulation.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 05:04 AM   #1433
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

wife wants a switch, but seriously, the price is a bit too rich for my taste. 320 bucks for that? I dunno what they had smoked when they came up with that pricetag.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2020, 05:29 AM   #1434
KAC

Get a new wife. Might be cheaper.

But seriously, shall I get the Mario threesome or not?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 06:06 AM   #1435
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

go and get it, the threesome, without my wife, you perv.....

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Old Sep 16, 2020, 08:45 AM   #1436
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
wife wants a switch, but seriously, the price is a bit too rich for my taste. 320 bucks for that? I dunno what they had smoked when they came up with that pricetag.
Its been out 3+ years already and the price hasnt dropped yet.

And i dont know if its ever gonna drop anytime soon. I think the best you can hope for is $50 off or something during a special holiday sale.
Or a game bundle whenever those are available for the current price.

Nintendo tends to milk the crap out of their product for as much as possible and price drops dont happen all that often if at all.

Its especially bad this generation because the accessories are actually pretty damn expensive this time around and games for whatever reason are more often than not seeing full retail pricing when some of them shouldnt (like ports)
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Sep 16, 2020, 08:49 AM   #1437
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Sadly its just a bad time to be in the market for a new Switch. Stock is low and its even more expensive to try to buy one used. If she is OK with always playing handheld there's always the Switch lite for $100 less.

Or just tell your wife to wait it out until after stock gets better. Also there is a rumor about a new more powerful refresh model coming, maybe then they will drop the price a bit on the original.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 09:35 AM   #1438
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

I know, Sasquatch and Meteor, you're right, but still i find the price for the console AND the games to be absolutely astronomical. As for the wifey, we still have our pcs and the ps4, so there's no real "need" for the switch, it's just that she would like to play some of the games that are exclusive on the switch. So no biggie.

Old Sep 16, 2020, 09:43 AM   #1439
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah since the Wii U Nintendo have really been charging a premium for their hardware. With the Switch though seems they priced it right because its selling like crazy.

I kind of think its a good value, because its a console and handheld in one and works really well as both. That kind of unique gaming hardware makes it worth the extra price IMO.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 09:45 AM   #1440
SirBaron

Also rumours of switch pro sometime next year.