Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 27, 2006, 10:56 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
peterson
Radeon R300

peterson is still being judged by the masses

Default Area 51

I saw this for about £5 in my local game shop, Is it anygood?
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:07 AM   #2
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Has David Ducovny (Wrong spelling) from the X-Files doing some voice over work on it and someone else famous I think. Probably worth £5 although not played it fully. Arcade like FPS which isn;t always a bad thing.
Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:10 AM   #3
Obiwanquinnobi
Try to beat our meat!!

Obiwanquinnobi is still being judged by the masses

I started playing this, but there was a bug in it where the jump function wouldnt work at a certain point in the game and I needed to jump over some boxes to progress??

I think a patch fixed this bug, but I had lost interest by then....
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

This game makes good use of implementing popular conspiracy theories into it's story, if you like that sort of thing.

Definitely worth £5 anyway.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 01:02 PM   #5
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Very, very frustrating and tedious game. Not worth it imho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:10 PM   #6
rob75383
Venture Bros.

rob75383 is still being judged by the masses

For a bargain game, its not bad. Graphics are nice, gameplay is average, storyline is okay. I got stuck on a level trying to kill some baddie, I dunno, maybe its the end? But I had to put the game away, since it was ticking me off. Maybe one day I'll finish it.
Try the demo, and see if you like the gameplay, IMHO, it'll save you the trouble of complaining how bad the game is, and that you paid too much for it.
rob75383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:37 PM   #7
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Worth the $, IMHO.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 02:38 PM   #8
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i played it on the PS2, its a good game, i rented it not knowing fox mulder was in it. i was pleasently surprised.
it reminded me of half life
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:33 PM   #9
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

The game is average, not great. The whole conspiracies thing is cool at first, but wears thin by the end of the game. They just throw everything in but the kitchen sink and it gets kind of ridiculous after a while. The use of conspiracies was nowhere near as good as Deus Ex, for example, but then again that's setting the bar pretty high.

An average shooter, but if you're bored and looking for something to play, it's probably OK at that price. You'll never want to play it a second time.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:40 PM   #10
DaRipper
Shockingly caucasian

DaRipper is still being judged by the masses

The story was kind of bland, David Duchovny sounds bored narrating. The game itself is pretty fun, arcade style fps. Dual wielding shotguns is a nice touch
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:12 PM   #11
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

I played the demo and was instantly turned off by the 60 degree FOV and couldn't play it for more than a minute without going cross-eyed.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 08:28 PM   #12
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79
I'm a graphics whore
That sums it up nicely.

I played it through and enhjoyed it. If you're looking for a mindless bit o shooting fun, then you'll like it. If you're looking for a surreal unreal like experience, look elsewhere.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 09:54 PM   #13
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I bought it when it first came out, I enjoyed the game.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:00 AM   #14
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Worth 5 pounds.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:14 PM   #15
Idle Wild
Up and away!

Idle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyIdle Wild can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought it was corny, very repetative and boring, but it still delivered some scares.

Nice to hear some famous voice actors in a game but doesn't make it any better.
Idle Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 05:20 PM   #16
rob75383
Venture Bros.

rob75383 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRipper
...David Duchovny sounds bored narrating.
No surprise there.
I dont think hes ever showed much emotion in his voice. Maybe the only time was in Twin Peaks, where he was a crossdresser.

No, actually,come to think about it, he had the same deadpan delivery, but with lipstick and a dress.
rob75383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 07:03 PM   #17
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn
That sums it up nicely.
Actually, no it doesn't. I never said the game was bad looking. I'm saying the small FOV gave me a headache. You have obviously missed my point by half a mile.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 07:35 PM   #18
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

The small FOV really was an annoyance. I don't remember ever being scared a single time in the game? What was scary about it?

The game was OK, but it started off a lot better than it ended up being. I mostly enjoyed playing it, but did start to get a bit bored toward the end. Never really understood what the game was all about when all was said and done.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2006, 09:26 AM   #19
Mmm_Beefy
Radeon Southern Islands

Mmm_Beefy is still being judged by the masses

just played this game (decided to resurrect this thread rather than start another).
its not bad, its not great, but not bad. davids narration was really dull as mentioned.. especially when he gets angry (at least from his narration) and wants to dole out some whoop ass.

the game also has marlyn manson doing the voice of edgar, nice touch there too.

the games listed on the Starforce enabled games list. that being said, i didnt see it install on mine, but i cracked the game with a 30meg crack so that may have prevented it from fully installing on game launch, i havnt rebooted in over a week so i'll have a look in device manager when i finally do.

the ending.. was so easy to complete.. easiest fps ending i think i've ever seen.

cheers.
wow alow bunch of nood who dont know what the **** they talking about 1 you need to sleep atlist 8:30 hours and who the **** drinks Neutrament for break fast ? its only for help to recovery protein will not gona make you get big protein jast help you recover you muscle and you need to eat breakfast then after 2 hours drink 40 g of protein in 2 hours eat lunch then agen in 2 hours eat some frots whit yugurs or milk go to gym before work out drink some creatine i can even sogest you TRACK is the best in marke after work out rush home emedatle drink 40 grams of protein shake whit fruts bannans and some apples and strobery or some fruets that you like and then after 40 minuts eat dinner that is my single day work out and food that i eat write now iam 210 pounds 23% fat my bench is 300 for 3rep max my deadleaft is 470 punds for 4 reps max my shuads is top 28o for 8 reps

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
4x1gig Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro
4Gigs 2x1 Crucial Ballistix 2x1gig Corsair Valuselect
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
Monsoon MM-700 2.1 speakers (old but man do they rock)
WinXP sp2

Windows is easier than Linux, just like crapping your pants is easier than going to the bathroom.
Fold for Rage... and women will find you sexy
Mmm_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote