Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 17, 2019, 03:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Default This War of Mine

This game gets pretty good reviews everywhere.

Any Ragers played it? Comments?

Old Jul 17, 2019, 04:37 PM   #2
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I played it for a bit, thought it was neat. It's not easy though, and I didn't enjoy it enough to fight the mechanics and force myself into some kind of hollow victory. The point is brought across quickly (war is bad mkay) and after that, the game didn't feel like it had a lot more to offer.

I'd recommend anyone to give it a shot though. It's a memorable game, which is more than I can say for a lot of AAA developed games.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 07:48 PM   #3
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Its a pretty good game. But really tough and also quite depressing. Seriously it will leave you feeling pretty down and hopeless.

I appreciated the game mechanics, but ultimately quit before completing it. Was just too much to handle.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 18, 2019, 05:22 PM   #4
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Epic store is giving it away for free in a week or two just FYI.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 04:59 PM   #5
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I haven't played any other proper survival games so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

It's been a couple years, but I beat 2 scenarios. For me, the depressing part is how easy it is for a character to die while scavenging. They all have stories but I don't remember hearing about them much during the game. It was surprising to be how much I didn't care about the story once I'd put enough hours into the game. Just figuring about how to survive.

I think I remember the interface being kinda weak.
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2019, 06:01 PM   #6
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Thought it was OK, but just got too hard. Maybe try Deadlight? I liked that better.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2019, 09:08 PM   #7
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I picked this up for free today on the EGS...maybe some day I'll actually play it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2019, 03:46 PM   #8
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I picked this up for free today on the EGS.
You think the developers get paid reasonably for this game? Wonder how the deal works for the dev team.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:19 PM   #9
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I picked this up for free today on the EGS...maybe some day I'll actually play it.
Same. My EGS library is just growing with their free games
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:50 PM   #10
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
Same. My EGS library is just growing with their free games
Free games on EGS:

Checks out game on EGS....Sold!!!
*patiently awaits for it to appear on Steam*