Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 15, 2004, 01:46 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Default team america:world police[spoilers in the future]

Haven't seen any RECENT threads so ill post one since it was out offically today.

All I gotta say..it was meh. Its was good not great, it wasn't halarious although some parts were extremely funny but too far apart. Begining was a bore ending was good and one part of the movie really made sense about people in general, I loved that :d

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 01:49 PM   #2
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

I'm going to see it tonight. I will report back with my findings afterward.
pink_pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2004, 01:53 PM   #3
magicknight0233
Radeon Arctic Islands

magicknight0233 is still being judged by the masses

I would go watch it if there were a frickin' move theater somewhere near campus in this stupid city....
~8 on IMDB, can't possibly be all that bad.
Music-wise, I don't see how any song could ever be better than "What Would Brian Boitano Do?"
magicknight0233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:10 AM   #4
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

so anyone elses opinions on it?

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:41 AM   #5
infowar
Banned

infowar is still being judged by the masses

Lightbulb no but......

just a question. is this movie anti bush or anti america? i planned on not seeing it because the title and preview led be to believe it was and i dont want to be seen at or in a room full of people who feel it is ok to support something like that. if someone could say otherwise i could be convinced into walking in. it looks like something new and different atleast.
infowar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:45 AM   #6
Stilgar1973
Please don't Ban!

Stilgar1973 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicknight0233
I would go watch it if there were a frickin' move theater somewhere near campus in this stupid city....
~8 on IMDB, can't possibly be all that bad.
Music-wise, I don't see how any song could ever be better than "What Would Brian Boitano Do?"
Where in Maryland are you?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:46 AM   #7
Stilgar1973
Please don't Ban!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowar
just a question. is this movie anti bush or anti america? i planned on not seeing it because the title and preview led be to believe it was and i dont want to be seen at or in a room full of people who feel it is ok to support something like that. if someone could say otherwise i could be convinced into walking in. it looks like something new and different atleast.
I have read a bunch of reviews and it is anti-everything. They take pot shots at everyone and everything equally.

I am gonna see it.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:48 AM   #8
infowar
Banned

that sounds great. as much as i am against anti-bush and anti-america i would totally put up with it to see a movie that is anti-everything.
nice avatar!
:bounce:
Old Oct 16, 2004, 02:53 AM   #9
Hazard
Radeon R300

Hazard is still being judged by the masses

Thumbs down Could have been better...

I have to agree with bounty_hunter. I was hyped to see it when I got a pass for it but I ended up being fairly dissappointed. It actually became a chore to watch especially the last series of battles.

In comparison, I charged out and bought South Park on DVD whereas I don't think I would even take a free DVD of Team America.
AMD Athlon XP2500m | ThermalTake Volcano 9 Coolmod | Gigabyte 7VRXP Ver 1.1 (F12 Modded BIOS) | 512MB PC3200 DDR Samsung | Sapphire Radeon 9800SE 128MB 256-bit Softmodded (Cat4.1, oc'ed 420core/324mem w/ VGA Silencer Rev3) | WD4000JB | Maxtor 40GB DM+ | Pioneer DVR-106D | Plextor PX-1210A | SMC 1244TX NIC | Microsoft Natural Keyboard | Logitech MX310 Optical Mouse | Chaintech AV-710 | No Name Speakers | Chieftec Matrix MX Carbon Black w/ Silver
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:14 AM   #10
Justin Credible
Banned

Justin Credible is still being judged by the masses

I could have told you guys this just by watching the trailer.
Justin Credible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:26 AM   #11
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

i couldnt stop laughing. so much funny **** in that movie.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:29 AM   #12
MoAbo
Radeon R520

MoAbo is still being judged by the masses

This was a highly awesome movie. It was hilarious all the way through. I'm not really sure how you couldn't like it. It was A+.
MoAbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 07:17 AM   #13
pink_pants

pink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channelpink_pants once jumped the English Channel

I thought it was incredibly funny. I was laughing through the whole thing. Especially the sex scene, I couldn't help it. And every time they walked I was killing myself. I loved it, and the songs were

Though, I missed the first 5 minutes of the movie because some girl in the theater started having a seizure :-/
Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:33 PM   #14
disinfect_
Radeon R420

disinfect_ is still being judged by the masses

Awesome movie!! America **** Yeah! I was laughing so hard all the way through that my tummy hurt. Honest!
disinfect_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 01:46 PM   #15
ReiaH
Rage3d Tool

ReiaH is still being judged by the masses

Big dissapointment..if it was that good..tell what made it so good..cause there were like 2-3 fun things in that movie.. and the ending is the funniest part of the film..the last 45 sec.

No..besides the cool idea this movies sux bigtimes..they could have done so much with it..bash politicians, bash religion etc etc.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:00 PM   #16
pink_pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReiaH
Big dissapointment..if it was that good..tell what made it so good..cause there were like 2-3 fun things in that movie.. and the ending is the funniest part of the film..the last 45 sec.

No..besides the cool idea this movies sux bigtimes..they could have done so much with it..bash politicians, bash religion etc etc.

Aren't you the guy who posted a HUGE quote, direct from the movie, subsequently getting the thread locked by pudak???

Anyway you have a pathetic sense of humor if you think it needed "religion bashing" to be funny.

Last edited by pink_pants : Oct 16, 2004 at 03:09 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:37 PM   #17
|FRITZ|
Banned

|FRITZ| is still being judged by the masses

Just a quick question, for the people that liked TA, did you also like scary movie 3 and shaun of the dead?
|FRITZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:52 PM   #18
pink_pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by |FRITZ|
Just a quick question, for the people that liked TA, did you also like scary movie 3 and shaun of the dead?
I despised all of the scary movie series and I've yet to see Shaun of the Dead but I'm sure I would enjoy it. What does that have to do with anything?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 03:57 PM   #19
Mr_Skinny
Meh

Mr_Skinny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by |FRITZ|
Did anyone like scary movie 3?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 04:42 PM   #20
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

ya I'm confused what made the first part so funny, there were chuckles with the bad walking and so fourth but the end what was halarious.

Yes the begining had the sex parts which I was cracking up but thats all. The second part (if you want to call it that, is when everything goes bad) when the actor hits rock bottom and the old geezer with the awesome statement (you can hate the movie as much as you want but that statement about people was just hilarious) and the vomiting scene had me in tears.

But the movie was too hyped, not saying it was horrible but at the same time I'm not saying it was great, mediocore at best.

I enjoyed shaun of the dead and 1 part in scary movie 3...it was like kung pow funny.

Old Oct 16, 2004, 05:40 PM   #21
PiIsExactly3
Aurabolt!

PiIsExactly3 is still being judged by the masses

Didn't look too great to me, and now that I hear there's songs in it I most definitely won't bother.

"For my money, there is nothing funnier than provoking idiots." -Tucker Max
PiIsExactly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 06:05 PM   #22
RePete
Radeon R700

RePete is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by infowar
It's anti-everything, including the screen actors guild. The sex scene is worth the price of admission alone.

Little too much "potty humour" for my tastes but all in all, it's fun.

"There's a big difference between being fast and powerful or just loud and annoying" Black Echo

"Many a man may look respectable, and yet be able to hide at will behind a spiral staircase" Wodehouse
RePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 06:50 PM   #23
Stilgar1973
Please don't Ban!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_pants
I thought it was incredibly funny. I was laughing through the whole thing. Especially the sex scene, I couldn't help it. And every time they walked I was killing myself. I loved it, and the songs were

Though, I missed the first 5 minutes of the movie because some girl in the theater started having a seizure :-/
Did they kick her out?
Cause that is just rude. Having a seizure in a movie theater, that is right up there with people smoking in a theater.
Just rude. Almost as bad as when people bring kids to R-rated flicks. The kids scream through the movie then the parents ***** about what there kids where subjected to.
What has our society come to?
Old Oct 16, 2004, 10:15 PM   #24
undernine
Da Blackhawks!

undernine is still being judged by the masses

I laughed my ass off. It was really funny in my opinon. I saw it a week ago at a early showing and man the whole theatre was laughing hard as hell.
The end of all progress. The death of evolution. It bleeds all life away. Silence speeds the path to the streams of solace that run so few and narrow. Brooks that babble the sounds of torture. You will one day rise. To flood the banks of the chosen. This is the art of ruin. This is the resolution. The end of all progress. The death of evolution. It bleeds all life away. I will teach you all that I have mastered. Fear. Pain. Hatred. Power. This is the art of ruin.
undernine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 10:29 PM   #25
|FRITZ|
Banned

|FRITZ| is still being judged by the masses

wow, the movie was actually pretty funny.
<== Sideways
|FRITZ| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 11:12 PM   #26
Potato Masher!
Comfortably Numb

Potato Masher! is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar1973
Did they kick her out?
Cause that is just rude. Having a seizure in a movie theater, that is right up there with people smoking in a theater.
Just rude. Almost as bad as when people bring kids to R-rated flicks. The kids scream through the movie then the parents ***** about what there kids where subjected to.
What has our society come to?
Are you being sarcastic?

How can people help having seizures? By your logic people with wheelchairs wouldnt be allowed on buses because they take up extra space and cause inconvinience to the people.
Potato Masher! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2004, 11:21 PM   #27
quietfool
Custom User Title

quietfool is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_fhs
Are you being sarcastic?

How can people help having seizures? By your logic people with wheelchairs wouldnt be allowed on buses because they take up extra space and cause inconvinience to the people.

I thought I was gullable.

I thought the movie was funny. The sex scene was hillarious. I thought it was funny when they disguised the actor by just putting a whole bunch of hair on his face. The whole movie felt like a long south park episode with puppets. Basically, A whole bunch of funny crap that comes together to make a point at the end.
quietfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:12 AM   #28
infowar
Banned

Nv4lyfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePete
It's anti-everything, including the screen actors guild. The sex scene is worth the price of admission alone.
Little too much "potty humour" for my tastes but all in all, it's fun.
reading my original post and the way i worded things i think it is pretty obvious i dont intend on paying to see this movie or any other. some of that has to do with being against the screen actors guild and mpaa. sounds like it could be a good movie i will see if it is playing at my theater tomorrow afternoon.

BTW i would like to mention i am not a big fan of southpark at all. i usually like cartoon shows with mature humor but i just dont see what the big deal is. ive known a few people really obsessed with it and the episodes they showed me just seemed to have very repetative and juvinile humor...altho i am a big fan of beavis and butthead so go figure....the last movie i saw and truly enjoyed was superbabies: baby geniuses 2.

has anyone noticed there are a few reports on the web about seizures happening during this movie?
it could very well be a coincidence, but i think something like the pokemon flashing subliminal messages scandal could be to blame. is worth some more research i think....

Last edited by infowar : Oct 17, 2004 at 12:18 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:13 AM   #29
villain4hire
Banned

villain4hire is still being judged by the masses

I thought the movie was weak. Also too much action. I was expecting a more racier political type of flick where they bash all the politicians and whoever but instead they got all safe and pussified. Hell I thought some Southpark episodes were funnier like when Cartman got all hitlerlike after watching the passion of the christ....now that **** was funny.

Other than that some parts were funny as hell although my gf thought it was tasteless and pathetic.
villain4hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2004, 12:47 AM   #30
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Chris looks like Kurt Russel
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote