Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:52 AM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
borat
Radeon R600

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Yeah man, and these SNES games I'm much more likely to play than the games i traded to him.
Wait, you weren't gonna play Princess TOMATO?!?! Growing up, this guy I knew was allowed to rent one game with his little brother per weekend (I met him much later.) For some reason, they rented PT. I think there was a reason, but I don't recall. Anyway, his younger brother hated it so much that he started crying cause they had to wait another whole week to get something else. For many years, the younger brother would bring it up once in awhile and get all angry about it again.

How much is it worth now?
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 07:53 AM   #692
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Wait, you weren't gonna play Princess TOMATO?!?! Growing up, this guy I knew was allowed to rent one game with his little brother per weekend (I met him much later.) For some reason, they rented PT. I think there was a reason, but I don't recall. Anyway, his younger brother hated it so much that he started crying cause they had to wait another whole week to get something else. For many years, the younger brother would bring it up once in awhile and get all angry about it again.

How much is it worth now?
Varies anywhere from $85-$120 (cart only) depending on condition, and where you're selling.

It's an interesting and unique game, but its essentially a text adventure and not really my thing. Since I'm not trying to complete the NES set and knew a guy locally that needed it i decided to trade it.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 09:52 AM   #693
OverclockN'

OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Since I'm not trying to complete the NES set...
I'll be doing the same thing. First goal is to get all of the games I rented and wanted to buy as a kid, then build the collection a little from there. Then do the same with SNES and N64. I'll never have a full collection of anything, but I'm sure they'll be decent sized by the time I finish.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:29 AM   #694
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
I'll be doing the same thing. First goal is to get all of the games I rented and wanted to buy as a kid, then build the collection a little from there. Then do the same with SNES and N64. I'll never have a full collection of anything, but I'm sure they'll be decent sized by the time I finish.
I've already reacquired all the games from my childhood that I was trying to get. That goal has been met. Now, I am going after certain subsets. Like all the games from a series, for example all the Marios, all the Zeldas, all the Ninja Gaiden, Castlevanias, etc. I feel like its a much more attainable collecting goal to go for as opposed to full set collecting.

Another thing to do, is currently I am actually pursuing all the Natsume developed games on NES and SNES. I had been interested in a few of their awesome games and then that led me to discovering their other equally great games. They seem to put a lot of quality into their gameplay and are criminally underrated, although that has been changing in recent times as more people are discovering them (like me). After that I might go for all the Capcom and Sunsoft games.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 05:36 PM   #695
OverclockN'

OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'OverclockN' once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Games I've acquired in the past couple weeks. Mega Man 2 was a little disappointing, since the case is a bit discolored from someone cleaning it with something aggressive, I'm guessing. Also have Metroid on the way.

Finally have the full set!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 06:29 PM   #696
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So I picked up some master system games recently, but I don't have a master system. I've been looking at getting a power base mini, but there's 2 flavors: the regular one is $45, whereas the one with the fm sound module is $70. I currently have 2 games that have fm audio, but will likely pick up more in the future.

Any opinions on whether fm audio capabilities are worth the extra $25?

Here's a comparison between regular & fm audio from several games:

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2017, 06:36 PM   #697
OverclockN'

I think the FM audio in those video clips sounds substantially better. It's not even close. It's only a one-time purchase, and you'll have it forever. I'd pay the extra $25 without even thinking twice about it.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 03:26 PM   #698
OverclockN'

Took a look at various Super Nintendo games today and man...they are crazy expensive. NES is quite cheap, really. But SNES? The games, on average, seem to be twice as much. Goin to be really difficult to collect for that system.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 03:58 PM   #699
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'SubCog once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I think the FM audio in those video clips sounds substantially better. It's not even close. It's only a one-time purchase, and you'll have it forever. I'd pay the extra $25 without even thinking twice about it.
Yeah, I think you're right. I could save a few bucks, but I'd be kicking myself after.

deskt0p: 3.5ghz fx6300 - Radeon 6850 - 8 gigs memory

lapt0p: HP ENVY dv7-7212nr - 3.4 GHz/2.4 GHz core i7 - 8 gigs ram - geforce 650m

Just finished: Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Sonic Generations
Currently playing: Crysis1, UT2k4, Remake Quake

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2017, 04:16 PM   #700
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Took a look at various Super Nintendo games today and man...they are crazy expensive. NES is quite cheap, really. But SNES? The games, on average, seem to be twice as much. Goin to be really difficult to collect for that system.
On average, the NES library is still valued slightly more than SNES but that's probably going to change soon since SNES has really been heating up over the past couple years. NES seems to be cooling off after many years of being hot with a lot of popular titles trending down in price.

But yeah, without delving deep into each system's library it seems like the average SNES game is more, like in the $12-$20 dollar range while the average NES is in the $8-$15 range. Those are not the actual averages however, just what I usually perceive when browsing listings.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 07:36 PM   #701
OverclockN'

Every SNES game I looked at was about $30. I like your prices better...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 08:00 PM   #702
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Every SNES game I looked at was about $30. I like your prices better...
Lol, well it depends on the game. Not all SNES games are $30.

The average game price according to Pricecharting is about $25.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 03:25 PM   #703
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Couple pickups this week. Clear plastic protective case for my SNES Classic Edition box (because I'm weird), and Shatterhand + manual. Been wanting Shatterhand for a long time. I waited too long because the price doubled since I started looking for it. Ended up getting a good deal on NintendoAge though. $50, and since I don't collect manuals I should be able to easily flip it for $20 bringing the actual cost of the game down to $30.

Old Nov 18, 2017, 04:11 PM   #704
OverclockN'

I've never even heard of Shatter Hand before, but it looks awesome.

Old Nov 18, 2017, 05:07 PM   #705
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I've never even heard of Shatter Hand before, but it looks awesome.

Yeah its great. Its a cross between Ninja Gaiden and Sunsoft's Batman. Definitely get it if you can find it cheap. I'd snatch it up if you ever see it for $40 shipped or less.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 02:40 PM   #706
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Got Super Mario Galaxy ($7) and Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii ($5).
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2017, 06:19 PM   #707
OverclockN'

Now have Punch-Out! and Hudson's Adventure Island on the way.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 09:43 PM   #708
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Nice one game pickup on the way home from work tonight. I think I'm going to stick this one into my son's stocking for Christmas.

Old Nov 21, 2017, 09:12 AM   #709
OverclockN'

Only $3!? Man, what the heck is going on over there.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 09:30 AM   #710
Elysian
No sir, I don't like it.

Elysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badgesElysian doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I've been wanting to grab that one, but it's never that cheap For some reason Gamecube games are expensive here, most of the time more expensive than N64 or SNES games. Don't understand it.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 09:31 AM   #711
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Only $3!? Man, what the heck is going on over there.
My local Savers still doesn't price check on disc based games, they are always $2.99. They put the cartridge based stuff like NES and SNES in the glass display case and stick Ebay prices on them, but apparently haven't become aware of the value of disc based stuff yet. So once in a while I'll find a nice GameCube/PS2/Wii U score there. Think the most valuable disc game I ever found on the shelf there for $2.99 was a complete Mega Man X Collection on GameCube, which at the time was worth about $70. It has actually gone down a bit from there since, but still I only paid $2.99.

This is a really fun Mario Kart game, BTW. I tried it out for a while last night and its pretty cool with the two characters in co-op on the karts. Can't wait to play it with my son, I think he's going to love it.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 09:51 AM   #712
OverclockN'

Quote:
My local Savers still doesn't price check on disc based games, they are always $2.99. They put the cartridge based stuff like NES and SNES in the glass display case and stick Ebay prices on them, but apparently haven't become aware of the value of disc based stuff yet. So once in a while I'll find a nice GameCube/PS2/Wii U score there. Think the most valuable disc game I ever found on the shelf there for $2.99 was a complete Mega Man X Collection on GameCube, which at the time was worth about $70. It has actually gone down a bit from there since, but still I only paid $2.99.

This is a really fun Mario Kart game, BTW. I tried it out for a while last night and its pretty cool with the two characters in co-op on the karts. Can't wait to play it with my son, I think he's going to love it.
It's definitely a fun game. I have it on the GameCube as well, purchased back when it first came out. I didn't pay $3.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 09:59 AM   #713
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
It's definitely a fun game. I have it on the GameCube as well, purchased back when it first came out. I didn't pay $3.
Gotta love a bargain! Its occasional finds like this that keeping me stopping in there several times a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I've been wanting to grab that one, but it's never that cheap For some reason Gamecube games are expensive here, most of the time more expensive than N64 or SNES games. Don't understand it.
That is weird. Maybe its just the current trend and certain stores' perspective. I think GameCube is starting to heat up and more people are looking for it now than the older stuff. Still, if you have a honey hole thrift store like me that doesn't always follow price trends they just see it as another crappy disc game like PS2 or Wii and throw it on the shelf next to the DVDs. Those are the best places to look.