Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 25, 2020, 04:19 PM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Even has the ****ing fire bars!

I think the platforming stuff is a great addition though, and executed really well thanks to the tight controls and excellent level design.
DOOMARIO BROS!

It all makes sense....

If you've been following the internets for the last week or so, Animal Crossing and Doom had become some kind of wierd oddball crossover meme (i think it stemmed from the fact they both released ont he same day) that had been embraced by fans of both (and bethesda, and dont seem to have any complaints from Nintendo)

The two games are absolute polar opposites in terms of gameplay, type, style, genre (Animal crossing is like a relaxing time waster life sim with cute and cuddliness, while doom is hardcore kill everything rip n tear!)

doomguy for Smash bros? Isabelle (one of the characters that is animal crossing) as a DLC character? lol

If Nintendo and Bethesda teamed up for some craziness like this....that'll be something.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 03:06 PM   #422
Och
ATI Champion

Och is still being judged by the masses

The game is absolute garbage. All the fcking jumping is annoying and retarded and the combat just sucks. Major disappointment.
Och is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 07:07 PM   #423
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

All these posts and not one person calling it Doom Raider?!

Fun game, difficult, and I enjoy platforming so don't mind it too much, but it's overdone. Like in the PS Uncharted games where there's too much combat... different genres, too much of the other in each.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 26, 2020, 07:29 PM   #424
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Och View Post
The game is absolute garbage. All the fcking jumping is annoying and retarded and the combat just sucks. Major disappointment.
Man, you totally lost me there. This is hands down the best combat system of any FPS to date in my opinion.

Not only does it look, sound, and feel fantastic, but it's also shockingly "smart" in that it has more depth than almost any other pure shooter. I love how every enemy has a specific counter, and how every single weapon, mod, and gadget plays an important role. You just don't see that very often, if ever. It's like a master class in excellent game design.

Last edited by Chubz : Mar 26, 2020 at 07:34 PM.
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 07:34 PM   #425
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I agree, the combat in this game is downright a work of art.
The pace, the weapon feel, the punch, the splatter, the sounds, the music.
It's all this game is: pure, ignorant, satisfying, shameless, over the top combat.
I still have a hard time believing how they pulled it all out.
Truly amazing, pretty much all a Doom game should be about.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 05:39 AM   #426
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
I agree, the combat in this game is downright a work of art.
The pace, the weapon feel, the punch, the splatter, the sounds, the music.
It's all this game is: pure, ignorant, satisfying, shameless, over the top combat.
I still have a hard time believing how they pulled it all out.
Truly amazing, pretty much all a Doom game should be about.
Yip!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 06:52 AM   #427
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Uninstalled this on the third mission or so.

- Enemies felt like bullet sponges (even on normal difficulty)
- Enemies have high poise (a shotgun blast to the face often wouldn't stagger them)
- Enemies do way too much damage
- Go 'rip and tear' a few thousand thousands of enemies, oh but the guns only hold a couple clips before running dry
- Use this chainsaw to refill ammo/life, but oh it takes forever to refill a charge. (its a fast pace game, feels like forever which is what matters)
- Rocket launcher felt like a peashooter, triple rocket blast to the face does pathetic damage and often doesn't even stagger the enemy
- Body blocking is an issue in some of the 'corridor' style arenas, but that's fine as it's to be expected

Even if I could put up with all of the above, the straw which made me hit the uninstall button was:
- Pointless AoE damage ground effects everywhere.
Want to chainsaw some almost dead scrub enemy? Nah he's in some AoE ground effect.
Want to execute kill some boss type enemy? Nah he's in some AoE ground effect.
Want to traverse this Arena mid battle? Nah there's random AoE ground effects spawning all over the place for no frigging reason.
Some enemies, like the Mancubus would sometimes spawn this massive electricity AoE ground effect when you down them.

I'll get back to the game sometime in the future, when there's mods that make it play more like Doom2016 which was a game I enjoyed from start to finish.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 07:38 AM   #428
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Seems like the old adage "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies pretty well here.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 09:52 AM   #429
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The core gameplay is mostly awesome, I do like to some extent that they 'tried new things', and the game performs like a dream, but when I'm clicking on a Doom icon to start a Doom game up it's because I want to turn my brain off (mostly) and mindlessly frag. Not 'balance resources' or 'manage cooldowns' like an arpg or mmo.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2020, 02:48 PM   #430
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Damn dude, can't think of more brainless game than this!
Go from A to B, shoot demons, grab items, watch cinematic, upgrade B or C!

But I understand this game will not meet everyone's taste.
I was very skeptic in the beginning, now I can't stop playing.
To each their own, right?

Oh and yes, I can't believe how this engine runs (and looks! ) on my puny GTX 1080 at 1440p all settings maxed. Beyond optimized!

clipping, a little clipping needs to be fixed...
Old Mar 28, 2020, 11:49 AM   #431
Bandit
Radeon R300

Bandit is still being judged by the masses

Anyone know how to easy take screenshots? Win gamebar, sharex, bandicam, greenshot - nothing.
Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 01:25 PM   #432
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Anyone know how to easy take screenshots? Win gamebar, sharex, bandicam, greenshot - nothing.
I just use Geforce Experience. Alt + F1 takes screenshots by default.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 04:06 PM   #433
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

game has a super-duper screenshot mode which is in beta albeit fully functional and can be activated ONLY when replaying already completed missions. Check in settings for the option, it's disabled by default. The mode lets you go in third person, change pose, advance one frame at a time, you name it. If on top of that you use Nvidia Ansel, you can get stunning photos by setting the scene as you want it.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 04:38 AM   #434
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Man this game be hard. Pissing the crap out of me many times.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2020, 09:46 AM   #435
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

This guy likes it
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM   #436
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Never understood that guy's appeal... I guess his whole presentation is different than what most other people do...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM   #437
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Civvie 11 review is better

If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:59 PM   #438
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Never understood that guy's appeal... I guess his whole presentation is different than what most other people do...
I keep thinking the same! can't stand him!
Old Yesterday, 08:42 PM   #439
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound