Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Mar 10, 2020, 08:31 PM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

That's a 50% lucky guess
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:33 PM   #242
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Looks to me like

DLSS
DLSS

The washed out DLSS image is easy to pick out. I could be wrong, and it's nice they are close enough you have inspect it like that. But it seems the DLSS image is too saturated, like someone has the gamma too high.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 04:02 PM   #243
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
That's a 50% lucky guess

I guess the point is there is very little difference, which is good.
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / SSD 850 evo / 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 15, 2020, 05:38 PM   #244
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The few that replied are partially correct, but won't reveal just yet, this is too fun. It's very different when you don't know which, whether consciously or subconsciously people will tend to scrape up flaws (which may or may not actually exist) to stand by a belief that one image should always be inferior to another. I almost thought about labeling them from the getgo, except calling the 4k image the DLSS one and the DLSS image the 4k one and sit back and read the comments and then reveal after everyone said their fill.

But, one thing that needs to be realized though in these screenshots is you're seeing effects and performance not possible on a 1080Ti at 4k. You're not gonna get those ray traced store front window reflections in Youngblood for example. Or consistent performance for constant 60fps gameplay unless you start turning down settings. So the entire point of DLSS is to give cards that have the ability to gain back that performance, at either negligible or equivalent IQ, with stuff like ray tracing enabled. Deliver us the moon uses a TON of ray traced effects including global illumination (noticeable on the lunar surface) and reflections (better than Battlefield 5 reflections) throughout the outpost. Performance with these on at 4k is crushing. DLSS is not meant replace native 4k, but give you an option to run it. Keep that in mind when comparing DLSS to native, especially when you don't have the hardware to run these games at those settings and resolutions in the first place.

That being said, here's another set of screenshots from Deliver Us the Moon:

Old Mar 15, 2020, 08:26 PM   #245
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

If a few of us were wrong already, I think the point was proven. We don't need to keep guessing.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 05:06 PM   #246
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The few that replied are partially correct, but won't reveal just yet, this is too fun. It's very different when you don't know which, whether consciously or subconsciously people will tend to scrape up flaws (which may or may not actually exist) to stand by a belief that one image should always be inferior to another. I almost thought about labeling them from the getgo, except calling the 4k image the DLSS one and the DLSS image the 4k one and sit back and read the comments and then reveal after everyone said their fill.

But, one thing that needs to be realized though in these screenshots is you're seeing effects and performance not possible on a 1080Ti at 4k. You're not gonna get those ray traced store front window reflections in Youngblood for example. Or consistent performance for constant 60fps gameplay unless you start turning down settings. So the entire point of DLSS is to give cards that have the ability to gain back that performance, at either negligible or equivalent IQ, with stuff like ray tracing enabled. Deliver us the moon uses a TON of ray traced effects including global illumination (noticeable on the lunar surface) and reflections (better than Battlefield 5 reflections) throughout the outpost. Performance with these on at 4k is crushing. DLSS is not meant replace native 4k, but give you an option to run it. Keep that in mind when comparing DLSS to native, especially when you don't have the hardware to run these games at those settings and resolutions in the first place.

That being said, here's another set of screenshots from Deliver Us the Moon:

I think the list of names on the electronic panel(?) next the door under "Sleep Quarters" gives this one away.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 05:16 PM   #247
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I noticed that too. I had to double check to make sure I had the right settings. Which one do you think that one is?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 05:22 PM   #248
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I noticed that too. I had to double check to make sure I had the right settings. Which one do you think that one is?
Guessing that the second screenshot is DLSS.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Old Mar 17, 2020, 05:51 PM   #249
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

That one is native, the top one is dlss. I went back in game to double check. Native 4k with TAA high doesn't show the panel names as clearly as DLSS 4k. You get some of the clarity back with native 4k no AA but then it's a jagged, shimmery eyesore, and the names still aren't as crisp/readable as the DLSS shot. This is probably similar to the radar monitor in youngblood, one of those cases where DLSS gives better than native output. I would say this is a good example of AI doing its job well, not simply a sharpening filter.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 06:34 PM   #250
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Interesting.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 08:14 PM   #251
Cream
Radeon R600

Cream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCream can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
That one is native, the top one is dlss. I went back in game to double check. Native 4k with TAA high doesn't show the panel names as clearly as DLSS 4k. You get some of the clarity back with native 4k no AA but then it's a jagged, shimmery eyesore, and the names still aren't as crisp/readable as the DLSS shot. This is probably similar to the radar monitor in youngblood, one of those cases where DLSS gives better than native output. I would say this is a good example of AI doing its job well, not simply a sharpening filter.
WOW...…….
16GB Corsair DDR4 ,1TB 970 EVO plus / SSD 850 evo / 2TB hybrid drive for games, 1TB storage drive
Zowie FK1, Oculus CV1, Logitech G920, black widow Ultimate, Xbox one pad. Saitec X-55 H.O.T.A.S.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:32 AM   #252
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Vulkan API Now Supports Ray Tracing, Built Upon NVIDIA’s RTX – Industry’s First Open, Cross-Vendor & Cross-Platform Ray Tracing Standard
Quote:
NVIDIA - “NVIDIA ships beta drivers today with support for the provisional standardized ray tracing functionality in Vulkan,” said Morgan McGuire, research director at NVIDIA. “Bringing accelerated ray tracing to the Vulkan cross-platform, open standard API is another significant step towards enabling the highest quality of visual realism for real-time games and applications everywhere.”

AMD - "Standardizing ray tracing in Vulkan is an important step towards making ray tracing available across a wide range of devices, as well as enabling developers to use this technology to its full advantage. AMD intends to provide support for all of the major features in this extension, including ray shading, ray queries, and CPU acceleration structure management. We will be working with developers to ensure great performance from our Vulkan Ray Tracing implementation; these efforts will help us to provide end-users with even more visually stunning graphics on AMD Radeon™ GPUs,” said Andrej Zdravkovic, senior vice president, software development, AMD.

https://wccftech.com/khronos-group-v...vidia-rtx-dna/
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 07:49 AM   #253
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
At some point Doom will get it.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:35 AM   #254
zzz1

zzz1 is still being judged by the masses

1 DLSS
2 4k
3 4k
4 DLSS
zzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:54 AM   #255
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz1 View Post
1 DLSS
2 4k
3 4k
4 DLSS
Dude you must be the ultimate lurker here! 16 posts in 14 years?

yoz
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:57 AM   #256
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

My guess it's a sock account (someone's alt).
Old Mar 20, 2020, 04:43 AM   #257
zzz1

zzz1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Dude you must be the ultimate lurker here! 16 posts in 14 years?
I guess you could say that I visit these forums from time to time, usually the PC gaming sub, to see which games would be fun to play. Unfortunately, I usually don't have time to actually play them, so I don't have much to say about them

@Exposed Actually, it's my main and the only account here.
zzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2020, 08:32 AM   #258
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz1 View Post
I guess you could say that I visit these forums from time to time, usually the PC gaming sub, to see which games would be fun to play. Unfortunately, I usually don't have time to actually play them, so I don't have much to say about them

@Exposed Actually, it's my main and the only account here.
Well join us more often then!

yoz
Old Mar 23, 2020, 10:37 PM   #259
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries got DLSS 2.0 today. Control will get updated on March 26, when the first expansion launches.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2020, 12:37 AM   #260
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicalking View Post
Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries got DLSS 2.0 today. Control will get updated on March 26, when the first expansion launches.
Nice to see the old broke bitch method is getting replaced

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2020, 09:08 AM   #261
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Too bad Mechwarrior 5 is a shitty game, like Youngblood.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 09:46 AM   #262
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Too bad Mechwarrior 5 is a shitty game, like Youngblood.
Any hole is a goal?

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:43 AM   #263
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Control's patch is up. Will post impressions later, takes a while to download with my **** internet.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:48 AM   #264
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Control's patch is up. Will post impressions later, takes a while to download with my **** internet.
Cool, I'll do as well, thanks.

yoz
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:07 AM   #265
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Nobody has mechwarrior 5?
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:23 AM   #266
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I don't. Deliver Us The Moon looks awesome.

yoz
Old Mar 26, 2020, 04:58 AM   #267
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
The updated DLSS is very impressive on 1080p upscaled to 4K....eye poppingly so!

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 07:06 AM   #268
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
ya but like you said, the game sucks
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2020, 08:19 AM   #269
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
ya but like you said, the game sucks
Damn. I might get it when it's super cheap or if it goes on xbox game pass.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 08:58 AM   #270
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Nah. Waiting for it to be on Steam and cheap; its not as good as it should of been.