Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 28, 2020, 10:03 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Canada Grand Falls, New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 27,021
pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings


Default Catalyst 20.2.2. (Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2)

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/re...rad-win-20-2-2

Quote:
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 Highlights
Fixed Issues

Performing a task switch with some Radeon Software features enabled or some third-party applications with hardware acceleration running in the background may cause a system hang or black screen.
Improvements have been made that allow for more responsive fan ramp up or fan ramp down times on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report lower than expected clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products during gaming workloads.
When Instant Replay is enabled, a TDR or black screen may occur when launching games or applications.
A black screen may occur when toggling HDR on in the game settings of Battlefield™ V.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt™ may experience an application hang or black screen during certain parts of the game or intermittently during gameplay.
Some video content in Chrome™ may appear as a black screen or be unresponsive on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products when hardware acceleration is enabled.
Metro Exodus™ may experience an application hang or TDR when choosing some specific dialogue prompts in the Sam’s Story DLC.
Grand Theft Auto™ V may experience an application crash when invoking Radeon Software’s overlay with third party OSD applications running.
Monster Hunter World™: Iceborne may experience intermittent crashes while idle or on the character creation screen.
Some games colors may appear washed out when HDR mode has been enabled in game and Windows® on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
After a Factory Reset installation with the ‘Keep My Settings’ option chosen, Instant Replay could fail to function if it was enabled in the previous Radeon Software installation.
When invoking Radeon Software’s overlay while a game is open users may observe flickering in the game or in the Radeon Software interface.
Radeon Software may experience a crash and error message when locking Windows® or performing a sleep or hibernate with the Radeon Software Streaming tab open.
A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
Radeon Software may fail to launch if Radeon Software’s overlay is disabled and a game is running in the background.
Battlefield™ V may experience an application hang or TDR after extended periods of play.
Some Origin™ games may fail to be detected or may detect the incorrect game title in Radeon Software.
Some productivity applications are being detected and listed in the Radeon Software games tab.
The Radeon Chill hotkey could sometimes continue to remain enabled once the user has removed or disabled the hotkey.
Red Dead Redemption™ 2 may exhibit blocky textures on snow covered terrain.
After resuming from sleep, Chrome™ may experience an application crash if video content was previously playing on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
Radeon FreeSync status in Radeon Software may sometimes fail to update when enabling or disabling the feature through the display itself.
Fortnite™ may experience an application crash on Radeon RX 500 series Hybrid Graphics system configurations.

Known Issues

Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Enhanced Sync has been temporarily disabled from the gaming profile and any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
Performance Metrics Overlay and Radeon WattMan incorrectly report higher than expected idle clock speeds on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products. Performance and power consumption are not impacted by this incorrect reporting.
DOOM™ may experience an intermittent system hang or application crash during gameplay.
Desktop cursor may intermittently remain visible after toggling Radeon Software’s overlay in some games. A workaround is to bring up the game menu or task switch to refresh the cursor.
A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
The Gaming tab in Radeon Software may display some folder locations appearing as games.
Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent window size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
Some games may exhibit stutter intermittently during gameplay on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
Some games may experience stutter while using Instant Replay or third-party applications that stream or perform screen capture. A potential workaround is to disable these features or applications while gaming.
Although Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.2 resolves many black screen issues, AMD is aware that some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely.
That is a lot of fixes at least
__________________
I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.1.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.1.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne


www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2020, 02:31 PM   #2
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Canada Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 18,913
Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings


Subscriber
Default

Looks like they are ramping up tracking down everything that can cause a black screen issue which is really nice.
__________________
-Trunks0
not speaking for all and if I am wrong I never said it.
(plz note that is meant as a joke)


System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2020, 02:36 PM   #3
nutcrackr
OT Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia over the rainbow, way up high
Posts: 15,450
nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound


Default

That's a lot of black screen fixes.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 28, 2020, 03:44 PM   #4
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Wish they'd track down some bugs with Radeon VII still also...............

Get random black screen "flashes" and also every now and then Fressync error in software. Even though it works. Changed DP cable 3 times...
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2020, 04:40 PM   #5
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Canada Alberta
Posts: 2,483
eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
That's a lot of black screen fixes.
I feel like these drivers are just for me because of that

Haven't done any extensive testing, and although BF4 isn't listed, I was able to play it for much longer than usual and no black screen.
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2020, 06:33 PM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Canada Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 18,913
Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings


Subscriber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Wish they'd track down some bugs with Radeon VII still also...............

Get random black screen "flashes" and also every now and then Fressync error in software. Even though it works. Changed DP cable 3 times...
Most of those black screen fixes apply across the board. Not just to the new RDNA stuff.
__________________
-Trunks0
not speaking for all and if I am wrong I never said it.
(plz note that is meant as a joke)


System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2020, 04:23 PM   #7
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Most of those black screen fixes apply across the board. Not just to the new RDNA stuff.
Ah great! Thought they where GPU specific they way it's listed! And also when you mention it I haven't gotten the Link error when I usually get 'em (resuming screen from sleep).

I haven't had time to check if the black screen bug is gone, but most probably then! Hopefully They've made some changes about how they develop drivers so the bugs won't be introduced again at next release
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2020, 02:37 AM   #8
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Nope, still getting link error message after monitor resume after monitor sleep. Just not in Radeon Software under Notifications anymore, only in Windows message center!
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2020, 08:02 AM   #9
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Dave .
Posts: 30,923
MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel


Default

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:06 PM   #10
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,072
Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings


Default

I didn't try 20.2.2. I'm still on 20.1.3 WHQL. I don't bother update since it's been doing fine so far.
__________________

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64



AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2020, 02:40 AM   #11
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Canada Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Posts: 18,913
Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings


Subscriber
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Nope, still getting link error message after monitor resume after monitor sleep. Just not in Radeon Software under Notifications anymore, only in Windows message center!
Might wanna join Radeon Software Vanguard to beta test drivers and see if you can give AMD more direct input.

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/...utm_source=301
__________________
-Trunks0
not speaking for all and if I am wrong I never said it.
(plz note that is meant as a joke)


System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2020, 01:19 AM   #12
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Manches Manchesville
Posts: 13,726
Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

According to the interwebs this was re-released as WHQL on March 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I didn't try 20.2.2. I'm still on 20.1.3 WHQL. I don't bother update since it's been doing fine so far.
Pussy up trickle pickle and join me in the ever glowing bask of shiny whqlness :D
__________________
,____,
[^_^]
/)___)

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2020, 10:14 AM   #13
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Might wanna join Radeon Software Vanguard to beta test drivers and see if you can give AMD more direct input.

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/...utm_source=301
I've tried many times submitting tickets about my problems... But Since the VII is discontinued I get the feeling everything gets ignored.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2020, 05:45 PM   #14
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: United States Under the Sun
Posts: 3,978
NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Nope, still getting link error message after monitor resume after monitor sleep. Just not in Radeon Software under Notifications anymore, only in Windows message center!
Have you tried a new, better quality cable by chance? If you did, and said so, I may have missed it. I had similar issues about a year ago with my Vega 64, had a cable that was going great with my previous 1080p 60hz monitor, and it worked great with my 1440p 144hz Monitor paired with my 2-390x (crossfire). Continued to work normally for about a year after I upgraded to my Vega 64, then I started getting link failures. Replaced it with a new quality certified cable and I haven't had a problem since.

There are articles that state there is not difference between Display Port Cables certified for 1.1 - 1.4. I don't agree, because with each version, bandwidth requirements changed. (1.1 to 1.2 almost doubled) At this this time, that can't be confirmed for 1.3 to 1.4 because the requirements haven't been defined yet for 1.4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

My original cable was a 1.1 or possibly 1.2 (can't remember), my current one is 1.4.
__________________
I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Mar 8, 2020 at 05:53 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:22 AM   #15
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,072
Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
According to the interwebs this was re-released as WHQL on March 5th

Pussy up trickle pickle and join me in the ever glowing bask of shiny whqlness :D
I decided to installed this driver over on the top. Restarted twice and it seemed fine. I also started disliked wattman since it resetting the profile to default once. So I gave a try on overdriveNtool. It worked better and I will see how reliable it is in a few days.
__________________

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64



AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:37 PM   #16
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Manches Manchesville
Posts: 13,726
Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I decided to installed this driver over on the top. Restarted twice and it seemed fine. I also started disliked wattman since it resetting the profile to default once. So I gave a try on overdriveNtool. It worked better and I will see how reliable it is in a few days.
:D
__________________
,____,
[^_^]
/)___)

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 02:43 AM   #17
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Have you tried a new, better quality cable by chance? If you did, and said so, I may have missed it. I had similar issues about a year ago with my Vega 64, had a cable that was going great with my previous 1080p 60hz monitor, and it worked great with my 1440p 144hz Monitor paired with my 2-390x (crossfire). Continued to work normally for about a year after I upgraded to my Vega 64, then I started getting link failures. Replaced it with a new quality certified cable and I haven't had a problem since.

There are articles that state there is not difference between Display Port Cables certified for 1.1 - 1.4. I don't agree, because with each version, bandwidth requirements changed. (1.1 to 1.2 almost doubled) At this this time, that can't be confirmed for 1.3 to 1.4 because the requirements haven't been defined yet for 1.4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DisplayPort

My original cable was a 1.1 or possibly 1.2 (can't remember), my current one is 1.4.
Thanks for suggestions.

I've tried 3 cables, first the original that came with monitor. Second a expensive one from Belkin I believe rated for 1.4, third now is a Club3D cable even more expensive, also rated 1.4.

I don't get any errors while monitor is active or in games, just when monitor resumes. As if it's too slow to report to the driver or something maybe?
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:08 PM   #18
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,072
Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Wish they'd track down some bugs with Radeon VII still also...............

Get random black screen "flashes" and also every now and then Fressync error in software. Even though it works. Changed DP cable 3 times...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Ah great! Thought they where GPU specific they way it's listed! And also when you mention it I haven't gotten the Link error when I usually get 'em (resuming screen from sleep).

I haven't had time to check if the black screen bug is gone, but most probably then! Hopefully They've made some changes about how they develop drivers so the bugs won't be introduced again at next release
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Nope, still getting link error message after monitor resume after monitor sleep. Just not in Radeon Software under Notifications anymore, only in Windows message center!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
I've tried many times submitting tickets about my problems... But Since the VII is discontinued I get the feeling everything gets ignored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Thanks for suggestions.

I've tried 3 cables, first the original that came with monitor. Second a expensive one from Belkin I believe rated for 1.4, third now is a Club3D cable even more expensive, also rated 1.4.

I don't get any errors while monitor is active or in games, just when monitor resumes. As if it's too slow to report to the driver or something maybe?
Have you check if Radeon VII's vbios is using the latest bios? I heard a few people reverted their Radeon VII bios to the older version to make it working. Depends on their system. If your DP cable is certified then it might be your monitor itself. Maybe you also should check your Samsung C34F791 34" Ultra-Wide and see if it has any firmware update.

Can you please describe exactly how your monitor flashes black screen? Examples?

I bought my new 27" LG 27GL83A 144hz 1440p and plugged it with a new 6 feet Accell cerified DP 1.4 cable and I moved my 24" Dell P2418D down to the kitchen. LG takes a bit delayed turning on. My 1st monitor Dell U2515H instantly turns on. and There is no black screen flashes on that, but my LG does that once sometimes. But it seemed normal to me. It only does happens when every time i wake up my PC from sleep mode. Secondly, freesync is working properly here. No errors here.

By the way, also watch this vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylpyj0A7COo

Try switching to 6-bit color and see if that works for you. My suspicious is that Samsung C791 might have a hardware problem.
__________________

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64



AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 03:36 PM   #19
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Have you check if Radeon VII's vbios is using the latest bios? I heard a few people reverted their Radeon VII bios to the older version to make it working. Depends on their system. If your DP cable is certified then it might be your monitor itself. Maybe you also should check your Samsung C34F791 34" Ultra-Wide and see if it has any firmware update.

Can you please describe exactly how your monitor flashes black screen? Examples?

I bought my new 27" LG 27GL83A 144hz 1440p and plugged it with a new 6 feet Accell cerified DP 1.4 cable and I moved my 24" Dell P2418D down to the kitchen. LG takes a bit delayed turning on. My 1st monitor Dell U2515H instantly turns on. and There is no black screen flashes on that, but my LG does that once sometimes. But it seemed normal to me. It only does happens when every time i wake up my PC from sleep mode. Secondly, freesync is working properly here. No errors here.

By the way, also watch this vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylpyj0A7COo

Try switching to 6-bit color and see if that works for you. My suspicious is that Samsung C791 might have a hardware problem.
Thanks for many suggestions! Haven't tried changing bit depth. Will that not sacrifice color accuracy going from 8 to 6? Anyways, I'm on the latest BIOS, the one that got pulled. Thought it didn't matter, but will try to re-flash older version if that is what AMD recommends using. Weird I cannot find any BIOS on their website, maybe they should have released the older BIOS if the newer introduced some breaking problems?

The black screen flashing happens randomly, but haven't exprienced it in-game. Only desktop, and there it can happen in Chrome, file explorer, or just sitting at desktop. Haven't noticed it when viewing videos through potplayer though. The flash is really noticeable, would estimate around 50-100ms (I'm awesome at estimations! Take my word for it!)

Yeah, maybe it's also the Samsung monitor. Somehow I have a feeling this thing got a little rushed. And I've grown so accustomed to the awesome 1500R on this screen that almost every other curved screen seems kinda flat
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 05:34 PM   #20
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,072
Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Thanks for many suggestions! Haven't tried changing bit depth. Will that not sacrifice color accuracy going from 8 to 6? Anyways, I'm on the latest BIOS, the one that got pulled. Thought it didn't matter, but will try to re-flash older version if that is what AMD recommends using. Weird I cannot find any BIOS on their website, maybe they should have released the older BIOS if the newer introduced some breaking problems?

The black screen flashing happens randomly, but haven't exprienced it in-game. Only desktop, and there it can happen in Chrome, file explorer, or just sitting at desktop. Haven't noticed it when viewing videos through potplayer though. The flash is really noticeable, would estimate around 50-100ms (I'm awesome at estimations! Take my word for it!)

Yeah, maybe it's also the Samsung monitor. Somehow I have a feeling this thing got a little rushed. And I've grown so accustomed to the awesome 1500R on this screen that almost every other curved screen seems kinda flat
Yeah, Shouldn't sacriface color accuracy at all. I tried from 10-bit to 8-bit and hard to tell the difference. if you have any spare monitor that has DP port. You should test that. If it's working properly without showing any black screen flashes. Then it would be Samsung's problem for sure. I wouldn't count on AMD driver issues until you narrow it down to find a exact problem. That's why I always troubleshooting myself. I wouldn't blame on AMD driver till I narrow down to find a culprit.
__________________

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64



AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 06:20 PM   #21
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Yeah, Shouldn't sacriface color accuracy at all. I tried from 10-bit to 8-bit and hard to tell the difference. if you have any spare monitor that has DP port. You should test that. If it's working properly without showing any black screen flashes. Then it would be Samsung's problem for sure.
Totally with you on that one. Sadly this is the only monitor I have ATM with DP. Oh, tried to change to 6 bit and I cannot see how that dude in the video couldn't tell the difference! It was a massive difference, especially when windows where transparent and I could see my desktop wallpaper through (I.E Radeon Settings is transparent).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
I wouldn't count on AMD driver issues until you narrow it down to find a exact problem. That's why I always troubleshooting myself. I wouldn't blame on AMD driver till I narrow down to find a culprit.
True. But from experience at least some driver updates seemed to make the problem better or worse. If I remember correctly it even was in the release notes with Vega 10 even about FreeSync problems and monitors going totally black with games etc. Also the "black flashes" happened at that time when I had a V64.

I just downgraded to BIOS I believe 105 it was (at least that's the last three digits under "BIOS Part Number") and with that I lost UEFI BIOS support (Now MB BIOS has to have CSM enabled to boot) and still get the error when monitor resumes. *BUT* maybe, just maybe, the low framerate flickering I've been experiencing ingame (especially in pre-rendered cutscenes in Deus Ex Mankind Divided) got a lot better. If it's placebo I don't know yet. Maybe re-flash to verify. If flashing goes to ****, I've got my old V64 Liquid in it's box here to save it's younger sibling

Last edited by Falck : Mar 14, 2020 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Yep
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2020, 08:45 PM   #22
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Dave .
Posts: 30,923
MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Wish they'd track down some bugs with Radeon VII still also...............

Get random black screen "flashes" and also every now and then Fressync error in software. Even though it works. Changed DP cable 3 times...
Your monitor is a Samsung? Did you try Freesync Standard engine and Freesync Ultimate engine?

From what I gathered, Ultimate engine does those flashes for some people.

The ony advantage for Ultimate is that it enables LFC at refreshes below Freesync low threshold...
Also make sure you have adaptive sync off.

(I have a 5700 with an S27H850 and 20.2.2 FRESH with DDU uninstall).

Note that my experience was quite bad before I DDU all drivers and started from zero.
Then it became perfect.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2020, 01:24 PM   #23
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Your monitor is a Samsung? Did you try Freesync Standard engine and Freesync Ultimate engine?

From what I gathered, Ultimate engine does those flashes for some people.

The ony advantage for Ultimate is that it enables LFC at refreshes below Freesync low threshold...
Also make sure you have adaptive sync off.

(I have a 5700 with an S27H850 and 20.2.2 FRESH with DDU uninstall).

Note that my experience was quite bad before I DDU all drivers and started from zero.
Then it became perfect.
Running ultimate engine. Will try standard engine! Although the frame window will narrow, also no LFC. I use Enhanced sync, turn it off you say?

I've reflashed back to 106 to see any difference in the shimmering (what I called framerate flickering), it's about the same I would say compared to 105. Plus I got full UEFI support back.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2020, 06:57 AM   #24
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falck View Post
Running ultimate engine. Will try standard engine! Although the frame window will narrow, also no LFC. I use Enhanced sync, turn it off you say?

I've reflashed back to 106 to see any difference in the shimmering (what I called framerate flickering), it's about the same I would say compared to 105. Plus I got full UEFI support back.
Ok, standard engine worked for shimmering. But not the error message.

Samsung should offer FW updates to this monitor. It was easy at first to "blame" drivers since some problems got fixed. Like a bug as when you first started a game with Freesync on the screen would go black and you had to hope CTRLALTDEL wored, then force close game and re-start it then it would work. Would also happen if the game would crash. That bug was with my V64.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 08:23 AM   #25
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Dave .
Posts: 30,923
MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel


Default

20.2.2 release notes:

Known Issues

Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Enhanced Sync has been temporarily disabled from the gaming profile and any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2020, 08:25 AM   #26
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Dave .
Posts: 30,923
MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel


Default

If you are still having issues, you can try this:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34050723
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2020, 06:52 AM   #27
Falck
Radeon R420
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 335
Falck is still being judged by the masses


Default

Sorry, didn't see this reply before now. Thank you for helping me out MasterGoa! Appreciate it much! The 20.3.1 driver seems to have resolved a lot for me. =)
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2020, 06:06 PM   #28
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Dave .
Posts: 30,923
MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel


Default

MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3 Optional Seyiji AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support 14 Jan 30, 2020 11:46 PM
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.2 EYE4LYFE AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support 3 Jan 15, 2020 09:02 PM
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.1 _mulder AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support 18 Jan 14, 2020 06:25 PM
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 Falck AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support 19 Dec 30, 2019 02:27 AM
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.2 Seyiji AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support 27 Dec 25, 2019 02:01 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink