Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jun 13, 2019, 08:45 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Default looks like Elon might have some competition? Rivian EV Pickup and SUV

Came across this recently. Thought the pickup was kinda cool and wanted to share:
Old Jun 13, 2019, 09:33 PM   #2
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I’m sorry and I know I’m in the minority but Tesla has some of the most hideous designs I’ve ever seen. Every time I see one, the front bumper on most models make me puke.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:40 PM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I’m sorry and I know I’m in the minority but Tesla has some of the most hideous designs I’ve ever seen. Every time I see one, the front bumper on most models make me puke.
The Model S is the only nice one. All the others look like hot garbage IMO. The roadster looks nice though. Every other person has a model 3 here in LA thinking they are hot ****. Whats funny is a model 3 will leave most cars on the road in its dust but its ugly as sin.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 13, 2019, 10:50 PM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
They do look terrible, inside and out. This Rivian truck looks terrible as well. I think some of these designers have seen too many sci-fi 80's movies.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:35 PM   #5
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah, why do car makers have to make EVs look like ****, so they "stand out"?

I agree the Model S is the only one that doesn't suck so far. The Karma or whatever it was looked great, but they don't make those anymore.

As for EV trucks. I can't wait to see how their range does when towing or hauling.

I do like that new Honda city EV, because it reminds me of an 80s civic.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2019, 01:15 PM   #6
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
i don't care much for the design either. looked unfinished when they first unveiled the car and it still does now.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 04:02 PM   #7
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Tesla is going to be in trouble in a year or two when then major manufacturers start releasing their electric models. Audi E-tron GT looks amazing.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 04:41 PM   #8
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Tesla will be in trouble if they keep treating their clients like Apple does...

One thing Tesla did not think about that other HAVE TO is recycling the battery.
This is why Mercedes, Audi, etc use modular batteries that are easy to dissemble, repair and use elsewhere.

Telsa batteries are spot welded all around. But of course, the 3rd parties are adapting fast.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 06:51 PM   #9
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

speaking of ev trucks: this lady chops up her Model 3 and turns it into a truck.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 01:25 PM   #10
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Regardless of their designs, Rivian will someday be a household name. There's a reason why Amazon invested $700 million & Ford invested $500 million into them.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:37 PM   #11
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Looks like a barbie with a smooth crotch
Old Jun 24, 2019, 09:42 PM   #12
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
Looks like a barbie with a smooth crotch
... and other cars have hair?
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2019, 03:42 PM   #13
huskylord
Load Management

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I personally love the Rivian and how R.J. Scaringe is another awesome young auto CEO in the making.

Hate on the Tesla's all you want, everyone who drives one loves them. Detroit and most of the legacy auto manufacturers really did drop the ball on letting these smaller, more nimble start ups get the jump on this. ****, I must know at least 10 close folk who just bought their first Tesla S or 3 (don't know anyone personally who has the X) in the last 3 or 4 months. None are going back to gas. Driving an electric car is really becoming just.....normal.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 05:35 PM   #14
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Just got back from a 12 hour drive. I felt bad for the folks sitting in their Teslas waiting on them to charge at the sheets station in PA. I was in and out in five minutes.

Great for around town, not so much for long trips...

Also want to add that PA sucks. Their roads are all ****, and it smelled like **** every time I stopped. Gotta love that 65MPH speed limit on I81 in the middle of nowhere along with the miles of "work" zone with nobody around for miles. PA... Get your **** together!
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote