Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:48 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

https://www.mundaychevy.com/VehicleD...ote-3078714773

Brand new 2018 Z71 2WD for $26k is pretty insane. Talked to the dealer, that deal is good till the 28th.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:50 PM   #92
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Thumbs up

That's a nice looking truck!
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 01:56 PM   #93
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've been talking with the Internet sales manager at Crapitol Chevy, the one I reviewed up above. They're no-pressure, we've only had to communicate via email, and so far it's not going too bad. She told me they will match the Houston price if I use GM financing, and told me that GM beats others interest rates. I went ahead and applied for GM financing, if they beat the rate I've been quoted then I'll go with it.'

edit: She got back to me and told me that I could either use GM financing or my financing and still get that price.

Last edited by Elysian : Feb 16, 2018 at 02:04 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 16, 2018, 05:42 PM   #94
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Welp. I put a deposit in to get the truck here for when I'm ready. They'll honor the price till Feb 28th, I should be ready by then, and if I'm not I'm just going to get it anyways
Old Feb 16, 2018, 07:18 PM   #95
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Welp. I put a deposit in to get the truck here for when I'm ready. They'll honor the price till Feb 28th, I should be ready by then, and if I'm not I'm just going to get it anyways
Congrats!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 07:27 PM   #96
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

woohoo!!! Grats!
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2018, 07:35 PM   #97
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Nice, congrats on the new ride!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 07:42 PM   #98
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Going to have them invoice me for a tonneau cover and some all weather floor coverings.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 08:25 AM   #99
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Set up my appointment to get the truck on the 28th. If I sell the Golf or F150 before then then I'll get it sooner.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 09:12 AM   #100
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Set up my appointment to get the truck on the 28th. If I sell the Golf or F150 before then then I'll get it sooner.
Congrats!
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 03:44 PM   #101
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Congrats! buuuuuuuuuut... 2WD???!!?!!?!11?? I know you're in Texas, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 06:05 PM   #102
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

They don't get much if any snow there, so 2wd should be fine. Plus I don't think it's his only car.

I found a sweet ass 2018 Tundra 1794 that was a demo with 5k on it at the dealership a few weeks ago while I was there for an oil change. The price was awesome, and it was loaded. Then I saw it was a 2wd.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 07:12 PM   #103
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Janitor View Post
Congrats! buuuuuuuuuut... 2WD???!!?!!?!11?? I know you're in Texas, but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I never use it in my current pickup, what's the point?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 08:32 PM   #104
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Janitor View Post
Both of my cousins live down south. I think between the two of them they've owned probably close to 10 trucks and SUVs over the past 10yrs and I think only 3 of them had 4WD, and 2 of them were Jeeps. Their current DD Silverados are 2wd.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2018, 08:50 PM   #105
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

When Texas gets snow, everything is shut down anyways as they don't have snow removal equipment on hand for those "once every 10 year" events.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 01:58 PM   #106
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I'm going to pick the truck up tomorrow at 4:30 Moved the appointment ahead, because I'm impatient
Old Feb 22, 2018, 05:27 PM   #107
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to wait either.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 08:42 AM   #108
Elysian
SCAATSJW

They sent me a picture this morning.

4:30 can't get here soon enough
Old Feb 23, 2018, 08:48 AM   #109
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Did you get any sleep last night?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 08:51 AM   #110
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Did you get any sleep last night?
Actually slept like a baby, the Dallas Stars game went till almost 12:30 since it was a west coast game, so I was dead tired when I finally went to bed

This day needs to hurry up!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 07:36 PM   #111
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Just got it home, super happy with my purchase!

Better pics tomorrow.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 08:14 PM   #112
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Congratulations!!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 09:07 PM   #113
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

man...this post reminded me of a Chevy truck toy i used to have growing up in the 80s.

Good times.

Congrats on the truck.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:29 PM   #114
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Old Feb 24, 2018, 08:06 AM   #115
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Please keep the shiny wheels and don't monochrome it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2018, 08:24 AM   #116
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Looks good man. I've always wanted a black car/truck, but wuss out every time I go to buy one. Don't listen to wabbit, and put some black wheels on that bish!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:23 AM   #117
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post

Please keep the shiny wheels and don't monochrome it.
The only thing I'm considering is a black bowtie, but if I do it'll just be Plastidip so I can undo it if I don't like it or want to go back to gold. Love the way this truck looks.

Oh and I need some running boards, don't want to wear out the seat sliding off like I'm having to do now. I use the step on my F150 every time I get in it. The seat is a lot closer to the floor than my F150 too, so it's pretty hard to stand up from inside the cab to get in or out.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 10:43 AM   #118
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Thumbs up

Very nice! Congrats!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 11:24 AM   #119
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Ordered some running boards:

https://www.amazon.com/Westin-28-810...+running+board

These are normally 400-500, for some reason the Amazon listing has continued to drop since January. Description looks legit, review indicates these are for my truck, so why not take a flyer on some $400 running boards for $54

I already need to wash it, damn rainy weather here lately.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 02:38 PM   #120
Elysian
SCAATSJW

It's been one day

I found some blemishes in the paint that I want the dealer to fix, so I'll call them on Monday, have them fix them while they're installing the tonneau cover.

Also washed the F150:

I missed a couple spots while buffing out the new paint on it, so I'll have to go back and work on that, but I'm pooped.