Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:50 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GRimm862
Banned

GRimm862 is still being judged by the masses

Twin turbo e34. Made by aplina.
GRimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 03:23 PM   #62
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom View Post
Love the M-1.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:17 PM   #63
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
The stance of that thing is ****ing amazing, just perfect. Take note ricers. See how the tires fit perfectly and still look and function great?
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 28, 2009, 06:30 PM   #64
GRimm862
Banned

I feel the front could come down about an inch. Then it would indeed be perfect.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:06 PM   #65
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRimm862 View Post
I feel the front could come down about an inch. Then it would indeed be perfect.
The front could be lowered to match the rear, yes...then perfection.

I just hate it when the car is so low the tires rise into the wheel wells. Damn that looks so stupid. The car should sit so the tires are right at the wheel well edges and they contour right around the tires.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:31 PM   #66
GRimm862
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
The front could be lowered to match the rear, yes...then perfection.

I just hate it when the car is so low the tires rise into the wheel wells. Damn that looks so stupid. The car should sit so the tires are right at the wheel well edges and they contour right around the tires.
IMO you can never go to low.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:32 PM   #67
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Dinan 540i
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:42 PM   #68
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Nice!

Quote:
IMO you can never go to low.
I prefer suspension travel.

Vector M12

Old Apr 28, 2009, 07:42 PM   #69
GRimm862
Banned

ALpina B6

Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:09 PM   #70
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:17 PM   #71
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:29 PM   #72
GRimm862
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post

Whos busted ass e46 is that!!!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:33 PM   #73
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:53 PM   #74
GRimm862
Banned

Man I miss the tech.

Peppes orange beast. (tear)

Take note of the open wastegate being dumped out of the fender, and the awesome side exhaust. **** I love that thing.

This car made me love e30's and my friends that i bought.

Absolutely disgusting home made turbo mani, blew my mind when I was 16.

In that pic I posted earlier of the shift knob well this is where I got it from.

Last edited by GRimm862 : Apr 28, 2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:56 PM   #75
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

1967 Porsche 907

1970 Ferrari 512S
Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:42 AM   #76
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
The stance of that thing is ****ing amazing, just perfect. Take note ricers. See how the tires fit perfectly and still look and function great?

squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:56 AM   #77
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post

What the ****?
Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:56 AM   #78
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Vector M12
Another classic. Just awesome.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 01:11 PM   #79
GRimm862
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
What the ****?
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:16 PM   #80
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
It's a dumb idea, enacted by idiots, who think it's cool...

Mostly done by tards with "slammed" Rice and German autos...

Btw that one in the picture really needs some camber adjustments, car must handle like absolute **** on anything but dry and dust free pavement...

I do love the one definition of them...

Curb Feelers:

A car with normal/narrow tires stretched onto a hella wide rim so that the wheel rim is way out there in harm's way.

Quote:
"That Golf has like 12 inch wide rims with stretched 185/60HR14 tires. What a bitchin' set of curb feelers!"

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Apr 29, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:19 PM   #81
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post

Wow, that is ugly.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:24 PM   #82
GRimm862
Banned

I think it's hawt.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:26 PM   #83
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
I think it's hawt.
http://www.moderntiredealer.com/Blog...e-fittest.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave | January 16, 2009 at 06:13AM
Dear Lori: I have had requests for what has been described as "tire stretching," but for a different reason. Some customers have requested a lesser-priced tire, proposing a smaller, narrower-sized tire.

Each time I explain the consequences of what may happen, the investment that they are making, the few dollars saved verses the risk, the customer comes back to their senses and reasoning.

Without getting too technical, when a wider or narrower tire is placed on a width wheel that is out of spec. for the size, a whole change of dynamics will occur to the tire. Number one is safety. Safety not only to the operator, but to the installer. Bead rupture is a possibility as the tire tries to conform itself unrightly to a too narrow or too wide wheel. Safety to the customer because the tires rated performance is greatly reduced, ie; speed rating, air pressure, load carrying capacity, wear characteristics, traction, bead leaking, just to mention a few.

A part of what is wrong with our society is that the consumer is not held accountable for their careless actions of misuse and applications of well-designed products that, when used in the context of design, function well.The rest of our society suffers with higher costs of products and services to cover litigations or the possibilities there of or is removed from availability.
Most came back to their senses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by randoll | January 17, 2009 at 10:06AM
Tire stretching or mounting tires "Hipari Style" originated in Japan. The reason for such setup mainly stemmed from auto enthusiasts wanting to lower their vehicle which sits on outrageously wide wheels without the tires hitting the fenders. They also camber their wheels to help in gaining some clearance.

Here in Trinidad and Tobago there are no stringent laws about tire/wheel setups.

I've done a couple AFTER explaining to the customer who was well aware of the dangers of such a setup. These guys are practicing on a drift circuit and says the Hipari setup makes drift sessions easier because of less traction and smaller contact patch. We don't mount the wheels on the car however. I've been to the drift session unknowing to the guys and saw them mounting their wheels at the circuit so I'm pretty comfortable knowing these guys are responsible and do not run these wheels on public roads.

We don't use the "blow up" method like what you may see on youtube since the invention of the bead seater.
I bolded some of the best parts. Dangerous for on the road activities, should only be used on the track.

It's like they say "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right." Get rims with a proper offset and if you want your car to rattle itself apart and beat the crap out of you then get the fender lips rolled... It's soooo hard to make a tire fit...

Heatware

Last edited by gamefoo21 : Apr 29, 2009 at 05:34 PM.
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 05:28 PM   #84
GRimm862
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post
It's still sexy. Nobody does it for performance reasons....

Tell me this isn't sexy.

Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:07 PM   #85
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:

Tell me this isn't sexy.
Only ricers think that. It looks freakin' stupid. And anyone that would choose to do that knowing what they are doing to their tires, their car, their performance, and above all...safety, is a complete and total moron.

Caparo T1

2008 Radical SR8

2006 Elfin MS8 Streamliner
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:08 PM   #86
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Tell me this isn't sexy.

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/tech6804/picturess3151.jpg[/IMG]

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn224/tech6804/picturess3126.jpg[/IMG]
No sir. Its not sexy.

Edit : Not only would a proper fitting tire look better, it would perform, and ride better too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:33 PM   #87
GRimm862
Banned

Sure maybe you guys don't like it!! Fine by me. No harm done.

The safety concerns have been beaten like a dead horse. There is no evidence or records of tires exploding or causing any harm that are stretched. There has never been a recorded incident. Try and find one....

It's a style. That many people like and many people don't.

The ones usually complaining about it are older middle aged dudes, that think their DD is a track monster and should have big beefy tires to hug those corners you go around no faster than the speed limit.

Sorry but If I think it looks good and it isn't causing ANY harm than it's all good.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:43 PM   #88
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Sure maybe you guys don't like it!! Fine by me. No harm done.

The safety concerns have been beaten like a dead horse. There is no evidence or records of tires exploding or causing any harm that are stretched. There has never been a recorded incident. Try and find one....

It's a style. That many people like and many people don't.

The ones usually complaining about it are older middle aged dudes, that think their DD is a track monster and should have big beefy tires to hug those corners you go around no faster than the speed limit.

Sorry but If I think it looks good and it isn't causing ANY harm than it's all good.
Ive watched a tire come off a wheel in a parking lot race.. With a car that had its tires/wheels setup in such a fashion.

Dont tell me its not an issue, Ive watched it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2009, 06:49 PM   #89
GRimm862
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Ive watched a tire come off a wheel in a parking lot race.. With a car that had its tires/wheels setup in such a fashion.

Dont tell me its not an issue, Ive watched it.
Oh yeah? So your supposed "eye witness" account will be enough to deter me from believing what is fact in my mind?

Like I said show me some hard evidence.

I dunno about you but the thousands of dubbers riding on stretched tires haven't had a problem. It's already been stated you don't do it so you can go race around a track.

Whatever you say when I get rims the stretch will be going down.

Last edited by GRimm862 : Apr 29, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 07:26 PM   #90
GRimm862
Banned

Disgusting Mark 2 with a fully hand built suspension, (custom control arms, sway bars, strut towers.

RWD, rear engine.

Fully hand built fiberglass aerodynamics. This guy is insane with his skills.