Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 6, 2020, 01:15 PM   #3961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
So I lost my father last night, was it Covid related, I wouldn’t doubt to some extent, he tested positive and appeared to be asymptomatic, he has been in a nursing home for several years and had all kinds of underlying issues, several weeks after testing positive he tested negative, from that point forward he went down hill fast the last month, within a week of the negative test he ended up with pneumonia. Back to the hospital, 2 weeks or so later he is back at the nursing home and just wasn’t right and within 2 weeks that brought us to last night where he was on a ventilator and had to be revived once, my mom wanted the ventilator taken off and waited till I got there, he passed peacefully about 10 minutes later. Will this be defined as a Covid death, I bet probably not but I believe it played a big part in his death right now instead of sometime in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
I recently lost my father too, although not to COVID. It sucks.
Ah man
Old Aug 6, 2020, 01:17 PM   #3962
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Contract tracing API has been out for awhile from apple and microsoft but no one wants to take advantage of it.

Its a free tracking tool too.
Could that be because most likely it's tracking more than the virus? Most understand that Facebook, etc track you, in one form or another. But people get fearful when it's tied to government in any way. As they fear that the government will use the data in an inappropriate way.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 01:19 PM   #3963
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Could that because most likely it's tracking more than the virus?
Yeah like almost every other app already that we don't give a crap about
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 6, 2020, 01:23 PM   #3964
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Yeah like almost every other app already that we don't give a crap about
I was editing my post when you responded. Every other app isn't tied to the government, or at least people's mindset is that they aren't. I think that has the most to do with the fear.

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
Old Aug 6, 2020, 03:37 PM   #3965
dodger
Doggy

dodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydodger can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Okay this is the second time in a row I've had to wait a bit for a lane in the pool. I talked to one of the new faces while waiting on the deck and they started doing what I have been doing and only coming in twice a week. They have to do *something* to maintain a healthy weight and realizing being obese just really ups the morbidity if they catch covid. Here in Houston we are rapidly getting to the time of year where it can still be 80 degrees even at 5am, making jogging at any time of the day hard to do.
dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 03:21 AM   #3966
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
So my awesome State has just released an App worked in conjunction with Apple and Microsoft called COVIDWISE.

LINK

Just installed it. Once again, Virginia leading the way.

err....we have a similar app for like ... ~4 months?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 03:30 AM   #3967
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Lol Virginia "leading the way" ... Only a couple months behind other countries. Congrats on last place!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:28 AM   #3968
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

better late than never. Let's just hope you get that stuff under control, i really hope you do.

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Old Aug 7, 2020, 07:37 AM   #3969
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

More about T-Cells and the common cold.

https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-etc080320.php

Quote:
Now, a new study led by scientists at La Jolla Institute for Immunology (LJI) shows that memory helper T cells that recognize common cold coronaviruses also recognize matching sites on SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.
The new work builds on a recent Cell paper from the Sette Lab and the lab of LJI Professor Shane Crotty, Ph.D., which showed that 40 to 60 percent of people never exposed to SARS-CoV-2 had T cells that reacted to the virus. Their immune systems recognized fragments of the virus it had never seen before. This finding turned out to be a global phenomenon and was reported in people from the Netherlands, Germany, the United Kingdom and Singapore.

Scientists wondered if these T cells came from people who had previously been exposed to common cold coronaviruses--what Sette calls SARS-CoV-2's "less dangerous cousins." If so, was exposure to these cold viruses leading to immune memory against SARS-CoV-2?
"We knew there was pre-existing reactivity, and this study provides very strong direct molecular evidence that memory T cells can 'see' sequences that are very similar between common cold coronaviruses and SARS-CoV-2," says Sette.

Might explain why some regions/populations of the world get hit harder than others. If it pans out, maybe the best "vaccine" is simply forcing people to get colds to boost their innate immunity. An irritation to reduce likelyhood of something more dangerous.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Last edited by koralis : Aug 7, 2020 at 07:42 AM.
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:30 AM   #3970
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Lol Virginia "leading the way" ... Only a couple months behind other countries. Congrats on last place!
AllexxisF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 09:36 AM   #3971
Canesfan2020
Radeon Southern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Don't people have to actually use those apps for them to work?
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 09:49 AM   #3972
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

That's what makes this push by the government of Virginia special. They are putting effort in marketing it and getting people to use it. Moreover, this will push down to health professionals and most importantly testing centers.

So when you are confirmed positive, they are going to push for people to enter their pin and report it in the app. The goal has to be to get folks to have it installed now, so if they're ever positive, it can work.

For any smart person, it's a great warning system. If you have been around someone who has just tested positive, you will know about it. This is especially important for businesses that are now open and having employees that have to work.

So if you're Walmart employee and Bob just got infected the app can determine, if you were ever in proximity to Bob, so you can keep working instead of that Walmart location having to guess. You are going to see these places enforce this app to their employees or maybe by incentivizing them to do so.
AllexxisF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:04 AM   #3973
Canesfan2020
Radeon Southern Islands

Canesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCanesfan2020 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought the reason this thing has kinda puttered was because its a bit of the wheels fell off

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_apps
Canesfan2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:11 AM   #3974
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
That's what makes this push by the government of Virginia special. They are putting effort in marketing it and getting people to use it. Moreover, this will push down to health professionals and most importantly testing centers.

So when you are confirmed positive, they are going to push for people to enter their pin and report it in the app. The goal has to be to get folks to have it installed now, so if they're ever positive, it can work.

For any smart person, it's a great warning system. If you have been around someone who has just tested positive, you will know about it. This is especially important for businesses that are now open and having employees that have to work.

So if you're Walmart employee and Bob just got infected the app can determine, if you were ever in proximity to Bob, so you can keep working instead of that Walmart location having to guess. You are going to see these places enforce this app to their employees or maybe by incentivizing them to do so.
Sounds like the same app I have on my phone they released on Germany a few months ago, completely forgot I had it installed until this post .

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:19 PM   #3975
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Sounds like the same app I have on my phone they released on Germany a few months ago, completely forgot I had it installed until this post .
yep, it is basically the same

Old Aug 7, 2020, 08:14 PM   #3976
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

welp my father is still having his wedding so I'll have be at that tomorrow

Tried convincing him how stupid it was to have it this year and they should delay but this is the man who was 1-2 days away from being stuck in Spain when they closed the border due to the pandemic.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:16 PM   #3977
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
welp my father is still having his wedding so I'll have be at that tomorrow

Tried convincing him how stupid it was to have it this year and they should delay but this is the man who was 1-2 days away from being stuck in Spain when they closed the border due to the pandemic.
Make sure you wear a Hazmat suit.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #3978
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird singsCrawdaddy79 knows why the caged bird sings

Turing point reached. (Again.)

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:19 PM   #3979
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Turing point reached. (Again.)

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html
Doubtful. Not to make this p&r, but it has to be mentioned, the data all changed july 16, and flattened or went down that same day. Which is the same day that hospitals where required to send their data to washington and not the CDC. So it's difficult to say if any of this is correct and accurate. We can only hope.

Edit: nevermind, very last paragraph says it is from each states health department.. so these numbers bypass Washington. Lets hope that each state is on the up and up.

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Today at 01:30 PM.
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #3980
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Doubtful. Not to make this p&r, but it has to be mentioned, the data all changed july 16, and flattened or went down that same day. Which is the same day that hospitals where required to send their data to washington and not the CDC. So it's difficult to say if any of this is correct and accurate. We can only hope.

Edit: nevermind, very last paragraph says it is from each states health department.. so these numbers bypass Washington. Lets hope that each state is on the up and up.
People look at data and fail to see that shutting down things have slowed down the virus. Instead they look and see the numbers and think it is time to open back up again. Since the odds of this problem ever being taken seriously is very low, we will ride this rollercoaster up and down until a vaccine is widely available.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:01 PM   #3981
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

IMO, mask mandates play a part as well.

A lot of places in the mid west implemented mask mandates a few weeks ago.
Old Today, 02:05 PM   #3982
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

holy crap, only 33 cases in ontario reported today and 129 across the country. Lowest count ever since we started counting i think
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is online now   Reply With Quote