Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old Jul 20, 2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default New Google Maps Performance in Non-Google (Specifically Firefox) Browsers

Does the new Maps run really slowly for you guys, or is it just my setup? Every time I open up a new tab on the site, my computer's fan happens to kick up.

Using Firefox 22.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Runs fine on my Firefox Nightly 25.0a1.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2013, 12:20 PM   #3
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yup, runs like 10 times slower than the old google maps. I'm using whatever the latest official ff release is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:35 PM   #4
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

<sigh> That sucks. Nascar, do you just use the Nightlies, or do you have an official install too? I might be tempted to try the nightly if not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 09:58 AM   #5
Rayder
Radeon Northern Islands

Rayder is still being judged by the masses

I used to be able to view the bike trails that go on for miles around my area, but the new Google maps doesn't show them....at least not in any way I can determine.

Speedwise, they do seem a little slower than they used to be.
Rayder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2013, 05:12 PM   #6
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
<sigh> That sucks. Nascar, do you just use the Nightlies, or do you have an official install too? I might be tempted to try the nightly if not.
Yea I have been using the nightly exclusively now for probably 6 months with out to many issues. I guess you have to not mind getting updates all the time as there is an update at least once a day. I dont care myself as the update is so quick it doesn't bother me but it might bug some people. I'm also running an SSD drive which I'm sure speeds the update.
Nascar24 is online now   Reply With Quote