Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber
Default EVGA P67 series motherboards

EVGA's first P67 based motherboard out the door will be the P67 SLI, to be followed by the P67 SLI Classified.

Introducing the EVGA P67 lineup! Supporting Intel Socket 1155 processors, these motherboards offer incredible performance with Intel Core i5 and Core i7 processors. Get ready to experience the next generation of Intel Turbo Boost Technology which delivers intelligent computing by optimizing performance on the fly!

It doesn’t just stop at performance though, the EVGA P67 lineup has full support for SATA III/6G and USB 3.0 giving you the latest standards in high performance computing, and a forward thinking true next generation motherboard layout means nothing is compromised.

Source: EVGA
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:41 PM   #2
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If all the classified has to offer extra is that right angle IDE connector and a flash drive slot, then I don't see any reason to wait on it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 02:44 PM   #3
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
If all the classified has to offer extra is that right angle IDE connector and a flash drive slot, then I don't see any reason to wait on it.
I won't be waiting at all for the Classified. I'm still flipping the coin between the EVGA P67 SLI and the Gigabyte P67-UD4. Both will be around same price, and similar feature set, and even look fairly similar. I've had excellent luck with both brands on Nehalem, so I could go either way on this.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:12 PM   #4
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
I won't be waiting at all for the Classified. I'm still flipping the coin between the EVGA P67 SLI and the Gigabyte P67-UD4. Both will be around same price, and similar feature set, and even look fairly similar. I've had excellent luck with both brands on Nehalem, so I could go either way on this.
Question: do you really need to change CPUs/mobo? Your setup looks very fast as it is. Why not go SLI instead?

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:20 PM   #5
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Question: do you really need to change CPUs/mobo? Your setup looks very fast as it is. Why not go SLI instead?
Need? Oh my no. I haven't technically "needed" any of the upgrades I've done over the last decade in the timing I've done them. But by having pre-covered those needs before they happen, I maintain that record of "not needing" to upgrade.

As to SLI instead, I don't think of it as a mutually exclusive deal. I may decide to blow 1000 bucks total, getting CPU + mobo + GTX580, I already have extra DDR3 1600 laying around, and can cycle the HD5870's up the line, dropping the Q6600 out of my wife's rig as the i7 920 takes it's place. The idea of an all i7+Dx11 capable desktop LAN is appealing. Admittedly there's several laptops and netbooks of non-Nehalem flavors wirelessly sharing the LAN, but all the desktops are currently quad core rigs. Retiring that Q6600 is getting more and more necessary though, it's been running along at 3.6Ghz on a now dead branded motherboard for as long as G0 Q6600 has been out. It's time to death is coming, I'd rather retire it alive then let it die, but declocking it to stock would probably upset my wife at me. Swapping it with an i7 instead will mollify her, I theorize

Edit: Would also mean the last DDR2 machine except for a single netbook has been phased out once the Q6600 gets retired. I would finally have memory compatibility across all my desktops for the first time in a while.

Last edited by moshpit : Jan 7, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
moshpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:22 PM   #6
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
As to SLI instead, I don't think of it as a mutually exclusive deal. I may decide to blow 1000 bucks total, getting CPU + mobo + GTX580, I already have extra DDR3 1600 laying around, and can cycle the HD5870's up the line, dropping the Q6600 out of my wife's rig as the i7 920 takes it's place.
I wish I had your disposable income. Enjoy!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2011, 03:33 PM   #7
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
I wish I had your disposable income. Enjoy!
Thank you, but it's really not too excessive at all. It's not like I'm buying quad PCIe x16 slot motherboards and 4 flagship Nvidia cards, or Extreme Edition CPUs or anything nutty like that. I want the same feature sets of those top items as they'll apply to me, beyond that I cut my habit off pretty firmly.

Every year, I buy right behind the crest of the wave. I want the premium CPUs features and per-clock performance, but will sacrifice clockspeed for cost. Usually I don't even buy the flagship GPU, this last couple of times was a two-off thing. GF110 just tantalized me in the same way Cypress XT did
Old Jan 7, 2011, 08:48 PM   #8
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Dangit! I had Hilbert at Guru3D beaten to this post by several hours and nobody posted it in time to beat him. Darn.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 12:34 PM   #9
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHapatingjaky can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
There's way more then that to offer from the Classified:

EVGA P67

EVGA P67 Classified

I notice alot of differences between the two, namingly the Classified will offer me a possibility a higher OC aswell as 16x16x SLI ( might even do 16x16x16x )

EDIT: There is no IDE connector. And the EVGA P67 only offers 8 phase PWN, the Classified offers 12.
Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus XII Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS11, Asus Strix 3080Ti OC, Creative Labs SXFI Theater, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64

Last edited by Hapatingjaky : Jan 11, 2011 at 12:51 PM.
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote