Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
waiting on AMD no matter what .

it will either be good enough to buy

or less likely it may drop NV's price

the real question is if AMD is first and it is 50% faster than a 2080 ti do i wait on NV ?

AMD is being very quiet on the GPU side
I really don’t think I will be waiting, if not out at the same time and the price isn’t ludicrous I may end up buying, I have a feeling supply is going to be short for 6 months and prices are going to go up short term. Your not going reference so your probably going to be close to waiting till 2021.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM   #92
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Old Yesterday, 09:26 PM   #93
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I really don’t think I will be waiting, if not out at the same time and the price isn’t ludicrous I may end up buying, I have a feeling supply is going to be short for 6 months and prices are going to go up short term. Your not going reference so your probably going to be close to waiting till 2021.
i think AMD will have better supply than NV by a long shot

but NV switching to Samsung this late will mean a very slow ramp up in supply and sellers like Newegg and others will jack prices from day one a lot just like the 1080 ti selling for 1500 bucks when mining was going big

but i can wait i may have to turn RT off for cyberpunk 2077 but i can wait
if it doesn't delay again
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM   #94
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The fact that 2080 Tis are still going for $1000 is pretty ridiculous. I can understand why people would be tempted to sell theirs at that price. Not sure why anyone would be dumb enough to buy at that price this late in the product cycle though.

But, really, if you ignore current prices. I feel like a resale price post-Ampere of $700 or so would be kind of par for the course from one gen to the next. Coming in below the new $800 card.

I guess for me it comes down to I don't want to spend my whole life fretting about maximizing every dollar, and having to seriously inconvenience myself by running with a low end graphics card for a few months to do it.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM   #95
Nascar24

I just checked on ebay sold listings on my 1080 Ti, Its still going for $500
Old Yesterday, 10:27 PM   #96
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I just checked on ebay sold listings on my 1080 Ti, Its still going for $500
it's covid 19 it is as bad as mining everyone stuck working at home
my 1080 ti strix is as high as 659

the 2080 ti have been mostly sold out since the start of the virus
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...dia/rtx2080ti/

and very few think the ( 3090 or 3080 ti ) will be less than the current 2080 ti prices

and i don't think the top AMD card will be less than 999 in this market
Old Today, 08:47 AM   #97
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Guy makes some decent points in the video. Thing is, ebay scalps 10% of your take. So you're not getting $1000. Then, you need another card to hold you over. So there goes another $350-400 or so. Sure you can re-sell that later for probably half that. To me, it still seems pretty debatable whether it's worth the hassle and risk.

OTOH, I do have a zephyrus G15 I can use for games in the interim so could scrap the need for a relatively expensive 'holdover' card. And instead, get something like an old 1070 or 1060 used, that can drive 4K on my TV, but will not do games. Hmmm..
EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra
Addlink S70 2TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #98
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Ampere Gaming Graphics Cards Rumored To Utilize New 12-Pin Power Interface
Quote:
This is the same width as the two 6-pin power connectors that current PSUs offer but offers a current capacity of 8.5A compared to 6A of mini-Fit 5556 connectors. At a perfect efficiency rate, the mini-fit would deliver 600 Watts of power but that's not always the case and the actual power delivered to the GPU is around 400W at 6 Amps. The primary bottleneck with the traditional connectors is the 20AWG specifications for the pins.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-...nnector-rumor/

so maybe add a new PSU to the cost
Old Today, 12:48 PM   #99
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Someone mentioned an adapter would be provided with the card.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:56 PM   #100
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Someone mentioned an adapter would be provided with the card.
like the old 4 Pin Molex to 6 Pin PCI-Express PCIE

do you really want to plug in a 1200 to 1500 buck card with a adapter
will a average PSU handle this adapter

but i am more worried about the need fore a 400+ watt power plug

+ 75 from the slot a 475+ watt card
Old Today, 12:57 PM   #101
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
do you really want to plug in a 1200 to 1500 buck card with a adapter

but i am more worried about the need fore a 400+ watt plug
All I can tell you is I'm not buying a new PSU to add to the cost of that card.

yoz
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #102
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
All I can tell you is I'm not buying a new PSU to add to the cost of that card.
if this Samsung chip needs 475 watts of power i very well may not buy it at all
Old Today, 01:25 PM   #103
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
if this Samsung chip needs 475 watts of power i very well may not buy it at all
Indeed! It'll need a 1K PSU.

yoz
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #104
Nascar24

Quote:
I just bought a PSU and since this is something new, all your going to have is an adapter. There will be no new PSU for me, Mine is already brand new.
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #105
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I just bought a PSU and since this is something new, all your going to have is an adapter. There will be no new PSU for me, Mine is already brand new.
Is there a PSU with a 12 pin PCI-E line?

yoz
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #106
Nascar24

Quote:
Is there a PSU with a 12 pin PCI-E line?
I've not seen anything like that on a PSU, That would be something that obviously would come after if its brand new.
Old Today, 03:05 PM   #107
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I've not seen anything like that on a PSU, That would be something that obviously would come after if its brand new.
Crazy, thanks NV.

yoz
Old Today, 04:37 PM   #108
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

WFCC tech...

How many times are people going to post "stuff" from that "website"?

They spout any and all bullshit possible so that eventually they'll get it right.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:48 PM   #109
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
there is no PSU that will do 400 watts on one PSU cable or plug

even the DGSUS 12 Pin to Dual 8 Pin that most PSU's have is only 300 watts total
what are we going to do plug 4 8 pin plugs from two cables into one 12 pin plug and hope they are on different rails or the PSU is single rail

i see a lot of PSU's popping soon

but i am sure that if needed all the PSU makers already have them ready to go or will just in time for Nvidia
Old Today, 06:01 PM   #110
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Most likely if they are changing the connector it is just to start establishing it for when it's needed in the future. It could be a bad general sign for the direction we're going in terms of graphics card power consumption, although you could also argue that the writing has been on the wall for a long time now.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:21 PM   #111
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

12 pin power plugs are this gens 1300 price tag i see

Doesn't matter tho in the end cause they will still be bought....they always get bought.....they always come for that fat taco in the dark.....

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote