Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Nov 22, 2019, 05:38 PM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
. . . things started kinda swirling around weirdly...
IMHO, it can be hard to follow at times. I've watched the first few eps of s4 and so far so good.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 08:09 PM   #452
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Thumbs up

I've watched Mr. Robot up to season 3. Season 4 is not available on prime yet without paying additional fees so I haven't watched it yet. I like what I have seen so far. The show has it's influences worn on it's sleeve so to speak. I'm not sure I like that. You can tell that fight club, serial experiments lain, and Breaking bad all had strong influences on it. I like all of those shows though and Mr. Robot has been rather entertaining overall.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2019, 05:18 PM   #453
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Finished the two parts for Kengan Ashura on Netflix. Interesting show. I tried to watch Baki but that one was just plain weird. At least this one was some more traditional fighting.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 8, 2019, 01:35 AM   #454
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Undone with Rosa Salazar and Bob Odenkirk. Really cool concept...

All done in rotoscope animation but well done.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.12.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.12.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2019, 02:30 PM   #455
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Samurai Girls anime, Star Wars Rebels, SW Madalorian, and when the Samurai Girls are done starting up Mr Robot!!

Lots of good shows right now
Old Dec 9, 2019, 07:05 PM   #456
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Samurai Girls anime, Star Wars Rebels, SW Madalorian, and when the Samurai Girls are done starting up Mr Robot!!

Lots of good shows right now
hey, expanse season 4 in a few days too...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2019, 11:39 AM   #457
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Athena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete strangerAthena once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
hey, expanse season 4 in a few days too...
Awesome!! Also The Boys!!

Glad the time off of the holidays is coming up!!
Old Dec 10, 2019, 03:44 PM   #458
ATI FURY-OUS
WYSIWYG

ATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyATI FURY-OUS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

recently watched The Terror (season 1)

its a shame they introduced a ridiculous paranormal monster to the drama, i think it would of been as compelling without it

6/10

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo
ATI FURY-OUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2019, 05:27 PM   #459
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

Nearly done with Castle Rock.

Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is fun. Tiring, but fun.

Waiting for the end of The Good Place.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2019, 05:44 PM   #460
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Finished Mindhunter S2 and gotta say that I feel like my time was wasted.

Well produced and all that but so many elements just felt pointless. Holden's anxiety played no role. Wendy's relationship was a drag. Bill Tench's situation was super interesting but it was always at a distance because the kid never talked. The BTK snapshots were really dumb.

Good stuff = charles manson and son of sam interviews. The main case just seemed to cruise along but at least they were true to the case. I just wish that it was more satisfying.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2019, 06:01 PM   #461
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Finished Mindhunter S2 and gotta say that I feel like my time was wasted.

Well produced and all that but so many elements just felt pointless. Holden's anxiety played no role. Wendy's relationship was a drag. Bill Tench's situation was super interesting but it was always at a distance because the kid never talked. The BTK snapshots were really dumb.

Good stuff = charles manson and son of sam interviews. The main case just seemed to cruise along but at least they were true to the case. I just wish that it was more satisfying.
Felt the same way. S1 was great. S2 sucked.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2019, 06:17 PM   #462
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Awesome!! Also The Boys!!

Glad the time off of the holidays is coming up!!
wait, what? The Boys S2 is coming in dec?
Old Dec 10, 2019, 07:11 PM   #463
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
wait, what? The Boys S2 is coming in dec?
Say what, didn't S1 just end

Edit: All news points at next summer, so I would say that's a negative.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2019, 08:53 PM   #464
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post

its a shame they introduced a ridiculous paranormal monster to the drama, i think it would of been as compelling without it

6/10
Wait, wasn't it just a Polar Bear? I thought the whole creepy/paranormal element was just the sailors going nuts from lack of sleep and starvation.

Nothing that the creature did was outside the ordinary for Polar Bear, those things are savage.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2019, 01:14 AM   #465
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post

6/10
The monster was a key element of the book which was 10/10. Highly recommended reading. The show was terrible in comparison.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2019, 11:13 AM   #466
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

yes jumped the gun on The Boys,
Sadly I had crossed my wires on that one. Sorry about that.

Wow Rebels is so much better than the last 5 movies they should really turn over the movies to these guys!!
Old Dec 11, 2019, 12:14 PM   #467
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:

Wow Rebels is so much better than the last 5 movies they should really turn over the movies to these guys!!
Dave Filoni is doing The Mandalorian, and he should definitely direct any future films as well, IMO.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 08:15 PM   #468
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:

which Rebels, the cartoon?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 02:10 PM   #469
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
which Rebels, the cartoon?
Yep, half way through season 4. Great stories, strong charterers built over a long time so you care about them and what they can do. The also have a strong moral foundation and have to make hard choices that often conflict on that vs what is best for the people, the rebellion or themselves. That do not always make the easy choice and have to live with the after effects of those choices.

Great stuff. Glad they are doing more.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 03:58 PM   #470
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The Boys S1
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2019, 05:33 PM   #471
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Quote:
Yep, half way through season 4. Great stories, strong charterers built over a long time so you care about them and what they can do. The also have a strong moral foundation and have to make hard choices that often conflict on that vs what is best for the people, the rebellion or themselves. That do not always make the easy choice and have to live with the after effects of those choices.

Great stuff. Glad they are doing more.
hmm, I watched half the first season, then gave up... was too glossy or kidsie or something... may give it a second chance...
Old Dec 13, 2019, 11:56 AM   #472
Athena
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
hmm, I watched half the first season, then gave up... was too glossy or kidsie or something... may give it a second chance...
I thought it stated that way as well, like it was feeling out how Disney would react to violence. But my bro in law told me to stick it out so I did. Clones was the same way. After the first 1/2 season or so it got it's footing.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 09:09 PM   #473
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Season 2 of Killing Eve. Good stuff.
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2019, 09:23 PM   #474
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The Pacific

I've been listening to Dan Carlin's Hardcore History episodes "Supernova in the East" and decided to re-watch The Pacific, HBO's sort-of follow-up to Band of Brothers.

This is better than I recall, probably because my expectations were sky-high after BoB. Rami Malick had a bigger role than I recalled; he's one of the main guys in the later eps.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:15 PM   #475
MangaSpawn64
( o Y o )

MangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmMangaSpawn64 achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

The Witcher... I'm surprised, I thought I'd hate Cavill but he does the part well. First half of the first episode was kinda cheap, in a B-serie on an obscure channel kind of way, but second part really got going. Up to ep. 3 now.

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
MangaSpawn64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:07 AM   #476
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badgesMahjik doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Finally finished up watching The Legend of Korra series. I started it a few years ago, but never finished. Finish up Book 4. It was a little slow starting in the series but Books 3 & 4 were well done.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2019, 09:19 AM   #477
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

The Witcher
The Mandalorian
S3 of The Good Doctor
FBI
Seal Team (finally caught up to live broadcast schedule on CBS)
Old Dec 25, 2019, 02:28 PM   #478
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Started Altered Carbon. Is this show worth completing. The first episode is very blade runner like in visuals so I am intrigued.

Also watching Lost in Space but get spaced out easily. Is there any other good space action/drama series worth watching. Only reason to watch this was visuals.

Any other shows worth indulging?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2019, 04:00 PM   #479
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Started Altered Carbon. Is this show worth completing. The first episode is very blade runner like in visuals so I am intrigued.

Also watching Lost in Space but get spaced out easily. Is there any other good space action/drama series worth watching. Only reason to watch this was visuals.

Any other shows worth indulging?
Battlestar Galactica first two seasons.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2019, 11:14 PM   #480
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Lost in space season 2 up to 3rd episode.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote