Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 30, 2020, 07:19 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Lighting and post is way better but i'm not sure about art direction
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 07:30 PM   #182
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

If this doesn't make us all say "Yeah, but can it run Crysis Remastered" for the next few years then it isn't worth our time.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2020, 08:16 PM   #183
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

WTF the original looks heaps better? The water in the remastered looks better but I believe you could tweak vanilla to get it looking that good without much hit on performance. I don't mind the extra color in the remastered though.

Remastered looks to have less foliage density (right side first shot), less ground detail, fewer trees in the distance.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 30, 2020, 09:13 PM   #184
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thread title is wrong, as it looks like this is a remaster (old game tweaked a bit) instead of a remake (mostly redone from scratch from the ground up with new brand new assets etc).

We should wait until the official announcement, though if it's just a remaster it's a bad time for announcing it - as other games are getting full remakes (for eg. Final Fantasy, Demon's Souls) which have upped expectations a bit for these older titles re-releases.

No doubt even more full remakes are going to be announced with the new consoles later this year, meaning remasters need to really be of excellent quality to get any kind of attention from the gaming press other than a minor footnote.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 07:46 AM   #185
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I told you remaster was a bad idea. OG Crysis looks more natural because Cryengine 2 was build for PC while starting from Cryengine 3 it was for multi platform, and graphics fidelity start to take a dive and more post processing crap to replace it.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 07:59 AM   #186
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypsee View Post
I told you remaster was a bad idea. OG Crysis looks more natural because Cryengine 2 was build for PC while starting from Cryengine 3 it was for multi platform, and graphics fidelity start to take a dive and more post processing crap to replace it.
You're not making any sense here.

A remaster/remake (whatever) for Crysis 1 is a good if done right as the original Crysis engine has issues that can be remedied and you can always add RT and more/better textures.

None of that appears on that leaked trailer.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 08:37 AM   #187
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
You're not making any sense here.

A remaster/remake (whatever) for Crysis 1 is a good if done right as the original Crysis engine has issues that can be remedied and you can always add RT and more/better textures.

None of that appears on that leaked trailer.
Really? You are the one who posted the dsogaming picture comparing pictures between the two. As I can see in this remaster is just color boost and some downgrade in graphics quality
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 08:38 AM   #188
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Really? You are the one who posted the dsogaming picture comparing pictures between the two. As I can see in this remaster is just color boost and some downgrade in graphics quality
Did I say it was done right? Nobody likes the trailer, me included.

What I'm saying is that there is room for improvement for Crysis, we have yet to see it.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:08 AM   #189
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Quote:
Did I say it was done right? Nobody likes the trailer, me included.

What I'm saying is that there is room for improvement for Crysis, we have yet to see it.
I'm not seeing it either. This looks like a sloppy remaster, just transfer Crysis asset into new Cryengine and mess some color a bit. Also seeing it to be on Nintendo Switch raises flag to me that this won't be a monster requirement like the original did

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(d) Must use fire.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:09 AM   #190
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
That's actually different from how I feel.

The issue to me is there is so little room for improvement (if any) that its not even worth the effort to remaster right now.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:43 AM   #191
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
I'm not seeing it either. This looks like a sloppy remaster, just transfer Crysis asset into new Cryengine and mess some color a bit. Also seeing it to be on Nintendo Switch raises flag to me that this won't be a monster requirement like the original did
Now we're on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post

The issue to me is there is so little room for improvement (if any) that its not even worth the effort to remaster right now.
The issue with Crysis 1 is the CPU usage, one core only. See vid on post #26 for a better description.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Jul 1, 2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:45 AM   #192
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:

I think there is TONS of room for improvement, but still feel that it's not worth remastering. Not to mention it wouldn't be able to run on anything anyway if they actually updated it properly.

Save the remastering for games that need it. The ones where people have square heads with a single texture slapped on it, horrible textures, terrible controls, bad animation, etc. Remastering Crysis is a big waste of time.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:14 AM   #193
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've added a brown hue and bloom now. Where's my $40?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:22 AM   #194
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
I've added a brown hue and bloom now. Where's my $40?
Check in the mail.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:25 AM   #195
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
The issue with Crysis 1 is the CPU usage, one core only. See vid on post #26 for a better description.
For the vast majority of the gaming population (who are mostly casual gamers) that is just not a worthwhile reason to buy a remaster. People buy remasters to get modernized graphics and quality of life improved game features. Neither of which are needed yet with Crysis.

Also, despite what we've heard I find it hard to believe that a fix for that single core usage couldn't be patched in if they really wanted to put the effort to doing it.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:26 AM   #196
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Also, despite what we've heard I find it hard to believe that a fix for that single core usage couldn't be patched in if they really wanted to put the effort to doing it.
IIRC it was done in Cryengine 2 that powered Crysis 2.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:27 AM   #197
acroig
Master Troll

Default Crysis Remastered Delayed After Mixed Reactions to Leaked Footage

https://www.ign.com/articles/crysis-...leaked-footage

In a letter posted on Twitter, Crytek explained that it's seen both "the good and the bad" reactions to the leaked footage of Crysis Remastered and wants to take the time to "make a few more improvements" before release.

The trailer was supposed to be officially shown today, July 1, but the Microsoft Store leaked it early and revealed that it had a launch date of July 23, 2020.

https://twitter.com/Crysis/status/12...033281/photo/1

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:47 AM   #198
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Check in the mail.
Check in my underwear. There might be a crysis in there.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:52 AM   #199
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

I don't get it? The trailer looked honestly worse than I remember the game?
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:31 PM   #200
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
I don't get it? The trailer looked honestly worse than I remember the game?
Exactly, hence why they're delaying release.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:51 PM   #201
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
https://www.ign.com/articles/crysis-...leaked-footage

In a letter posted on Twitter, Crytek explained that it's seen both "the good and the bad" reactions to the leaked footage of Crysis Remastered and wants to take the time to "make a few more improvements" before release.

The trailer was supposed to be officially shown today, July 1, but the Microsoft Store leaked it early and revealed that it had a launch date of July 23, 2020.

https://twitter.com/Crysis/status/12...033281/photo/1
THey will open the level editor and plonk a few more tree's down, but lower the textures to make up for the resource cost.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:54 PM   #202
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
THey will open the level editor and plonk a few more tree's down, but lower the textures to make up for the resource cost.
If Crytek can't make this look better and run faster than the version I already own they simply don't get my $.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 01:17 PM   #203
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

They probably just modded the original crysis and called it remaster, but messed up the settings so that it didnt look better than the original

Now they're scrambling the modsites to find the best settings for best visuals lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 01:35 PM   #204
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Game was delayed 1 hr before official announcement. The trailer leaked and everyone put it down.

“Your passion for the Crysis franchise deserves an undeniably high-quality game,” Crytek said in a statement on social media, “and we are committed to delivering just that. To ensure that we meet that commitment, we will need to delay the launch date (all platforms) and trailer premier by a few weeks.”

https://tinyurl.com/ybwkpqug
Old Jul 1, 2020, 01:42 PM   #205
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

They are botching the **** out of this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 01:46 PM   #206
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
They are botching the **** out of this.
Big time, I think they realized that.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 02:33 PM   #207
Jaillum Malord
Simplify Mufugha

Jaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJaillum Malord can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I expected more from the trailer.

Jaillum Malord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 02:34 PM   #208
AllexxisF1
Owie.

AllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English ChannelAllexxisF1 once jumped the English Channel

If they really want to do a remaster, they should do Battlefield 1942 and Return To Castle Wolfenstein.

The exact game, just pretty textures, and lighting.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 02:49 PM   #209
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
If they really want to do a remaster, they should do Battlefield 1942 and Return To Castle Wolfenstein.

The exact game, just pretty textures, and lighting.
RTCW - I would hit that over and over and over
Old Jul 1, 2020, 02:58 PM   #210
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
If Crytek can't make this look better and run faster than the version I already own they simply don't get my $.
It's not Crytek working on this? it's Saber Interactive?

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote