Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:45 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Hollow Apostle still at it. (Metal music related)

My band Hollow Apostle is still at it. There will be 7 new songs and 7 old recorded. (We have many more too but not redone).

I am doing them as fast as I can with the newer songs taking priority.

Yes we are on Facebook. With SoundCloud and BandPage it sounds much better than our other host.

6 Songs are up now and I am doing them hopefully one per week.
I am playing all the guitars including Bass plus mixing and mastering and all that jazz.

The band members all have different schedules so I have taken it upon myself to get it together. Very hard while working graveyards (work shift I mean).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hollow...p_178091127385
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Good music as usual... Your weak link is still the vocals. I like the tone of his voice, but the way the pitches change, I still feel like there's something unnatural about it.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2012, 03:48 PM   #3
Roxen
Drunk sexy prick

Roxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRoxen doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I think your lead guitarist needs more booze.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 31, 2012, 01:14 AM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Good music as usual... Your weak link is still the vocals. I like the tone of his voice, but the way the pitches change, I still feel like there's something unnatural about it.
Hate to say it but I feel the same way, vocalist isn't good Love the riffs.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
I did the same thing when I started doing vocals. Eventually I stopped doing that....and vocals.

I have some people say they like the way he sounds but not one on forums yet.
He was new to this starting 2 years ago and we only get to practice once a week if we can to make it.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

The best I can describe it is there's a lack of passion coming through - as though he's reading the lyrics on a sheet of paper with one hand, and screaming into the mic with the other.

People get different things out of the music they listen to... for me, I like variety in the construction of a song, and if there's vocals, there needs to be a sense of real raw emotion behind it. The "sound" of the vocals are mostly inconsequential to me. I bring forth the example of Dark Tranquility's Haven as being too focused on the sound, and I did not like it (though many others do).
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2012, 02:52 PM   #7
huskylord
King of Denmark

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

There's a fairly known band called Apostles of Hustle.
Your band name confused me with theirs.
Just saying.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 05:58 PM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
There's a fairly known band called Apostles of Hustle.
Your band name confused me with theirs.
Just saying.
I don't see it.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

All 14 are done. That is all for now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hollow...p_178091127385
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:59 PM   #10
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Hey people. Have an update for you.

We've entered a contest at Long & McQuade with a song. At this point it's us against one other person/band. There are several 'Head To Head' entries every day over many weeks and they will be narrowed down depending on votes.

We will give you a link to today's entries in the 'Head To Head' competition. You should be able to find us at the bottom which is under the (Category: age 19 and over original).

We're (#524 - Gordon Raymond).

There is a little SoundCloud window you can press the play button on to play the song. There is also the Vote button below it.

The song entered is 'The Highest Low". We took it down off the Abraxas site to be remixed a little and this is that version.

We are changing our name to KryTyN.

There are too many bands with the name Abraxas even on Facebook
making it difficult to locate us. We have already started a new
page but it is still under construction. When ready it will have the current songs and at least one new one.

Here is the link to the site to the Long & McQuade contest.

http://www.long-mcquade.com/promos/w.../head2head.php

Thank you for taking the time to go there and listen.
Don't forget to press the Vote button.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:04 PM   #11
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Can't find your song on that page. What am I missing?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:23 PM   #12
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Can't find your song on that page. What am I missing?

Um, Ok. I just checked it after your post.
They f****d something up.

It's still Friday Aug 23rd here and their link all of a sudden they link to some other day.

Never have seen this happen throughout the contest. I guess it's Friday and the webmaster is gone drinkin'
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:32 PM   #13
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Oh well,
Here is a link to our Facebook page (yaya I know)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Abrax...p_178091127385

Here is a link to the song we entered:

https://soundcloud.com/thegar/highest-low
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:37 PM   #14
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Lol, I'm confused. Why does that second link take me to thegar - krytyn the highest low
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:41 PM   #15
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankan View Post
Lol, I'm confused. Why does that second link take me to thegar - krytyn the highest low
Hollow Apostle is no more. We disbanded.
Only two of us remain. We named ourselves Abraxas.
Too many bands have that name so we are changing it to KryTyN.

Should I start a new thread? (an actual question)

Probably should have started a new thread. I guess Friday night is the new Saturday to the contest holders
as Saturdays lineup is now posted.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:43 PM   #16
Jankan
Banged

Jankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJankan exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Hollow Apostle is no more. We disbanded.
Only two of us remain. We named ourselves Abraxas.
Too many bands have that name so we are changing it to KryTyN.

Should I start a new thread? (an actual question)
Ah k. I don't think you need to start a new thread. At least we know now.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:44 PM   #17
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Ah k. I don't think you need to start a new thread. At least we know now.

Trust me, it's confusing to me too.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:49 PM   #18
Jankan
Banged

I have mixed feelings about it. There are good things about it but also not so good things. The first 1:42 minutes is meh but it gets good after that. What genre is it?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:53 PM   #19
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

it's not fast enough and the guy isn't pissed off enough
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:02 AM   #20
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

like this

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:02 AM   #21
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
I have mixed feelings about it. There are good things about it but also not so good things. The first 1:42 minutes is meh but it gets good after that. What genre is it?
It's Metal.

I try to write different sounding songs.
I have many other songs from previous bands but I am starting anew.
Listen to PTD (stands for Post Traumatic Death). It's slowish and has a nice clean part with many guitars. The vocalist likes samples from movies so some songs contain them. PTD has one during the clean part. Can you guess what it is?

Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:05 AM   #22
Jankan
Banged

Quote:
It's Metal.

I try to write different sounding songs.
I have many other songs from previous bands but I am starting anew.
Listen to PTD (stands for Post Traumatic Death). It's slowish and has a nice clean part with many guitars. The vocalist likes samples from movies so some songs contain them. PTD has one during the clean part. Can you guess what it is?

Lol, I know it's metal but what type of metal. Can't place it. It's not black, maybe melodic black? Ok, it's melodic, I do like it though

Last edited by Jankan : Aug 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM.
Jankan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:26 AM   #23
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
Lol, I know it's metal but what type of metal. Can't place it. It's not black, maybe melodic black?

I don't really listen to black metal. I don't really listen to music at all
except what other people are playing at work and such.
My influences are mid 80's to mid 90's ish.

I like Metallica, Slayer, Morbid Angel, KISS, Fear Factory, Death, Mudvayne, Sepultura, Deicide, ABBA, Anthrax, Cynic, Devil Driver, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kiss, Joe Jackson, Pantera, Raven, W.A.S.P., Testament, Soulfly, The Police...the list goes on.

I started playing guitar for real in 1985.
When Metallica's Master of Puppets came out I got a Tab book and could play that **** easily. I was a downpicker just as James was but also a nosepicker.

I don't really have a set genre except I like heavy music. I just write and play.
Some s**t is really soft listening and some s**t is really brutal sounding.

Next song to be uploaded is kind of brutal and only 2 1/2 minutes.
Sorry for the relentless double bass drums.

It's about Monsters.

It's already recorded but just have to adjust levels and make sure it's good to go.
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:28 AM   #24
Jankan
Banged

Quote:
I don't really listen to black metal. I don't really listen to music at all
except what other people are playing at work and such.
My influences are mid 80's to mid 90's ish.

I like Metallica, Slayer, Morbid Angel, KISS, Fear Factory, Death, Mudvayne, Sepultura, Deicide, ABBA, Anthrax, Cynic, Devil Driver, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kiss, Joe Jackson, Pantera, Raven, W.A.S.P., Testament, Soulfly, The Police...the list goes on.

I started playing guitar for real in 1985.
When Metallica's Master of Puppets came out I got a Tab book and could play that **** easily. I was a downpicker just as James was but also a nosepicker.

I don't really have a set genre except I like heavy music. I just write and play.
Some s**t is really soft listening and some s**t is really brutal sounding.

Next song to be uploaded is kind of brutal and only 2 1/2 minutes.
Sorry for the relentless double bass drums.

It's about Monsters.

It's already recorded but just have to adjust levels and make sure it's good to go.
A lot of old school thrash you mention. Who writes these songs? You?
Old Aug 24, 2013, 01:00 AM   #25
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Quote:
A lot of old school thrash you mention. Who writes these songs? You?
Yes, I write the music. The vocalist does the vocals and the lryics although I have contributed to lyrics as well mostly in the previous bands.
I do everything else. This is all done in our suite in an apartment building.
All the guitars are done with a POD HD500 and computer recording via Sonar software plus plugins like Recabinet.
The drums are programmed by me through Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.0 with Metal Foundry expansion.

We set up a vocal booth of sorts in the hallway. He has learned to do vocals at a low volume so as not to annoy the neighbors. It's only once in awhile anyways.

I hate the way the direct input instruments pick up my mistakes/misplayed nuances.
A real amp with a mic would give more feeling but I do the best I can to undermine them.