Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 28, 2020, 05:37 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
NIGELG
Fire of Unknown Origin

NIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyNIGELG can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
that was a long time before Nvidia saw gamers paying 2x the MSRP for 1080 ti's because of mining but crazy gamers still bought them

i was lucky and got my 1080 ti strix just a few weeks before it went nuts for more than a year

that is the only reason the 2080 ti founders edition was 1199
and still is when most would think with new cards on the way prices would drop by now

Nvidia greed is good

i really hope AMD does to them what they are doing to Intel now
I have lost my taste for the forum wars but I still hate NVidia.

But I hope to see AMD do well in the PC Gaming segment again.
Old May 28, 2020, 06:37 PM   #32
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Hate is such a strong word to use. I had problems with Nvidia's early too aggressive pr and optimizations in the past and they even admitted to it with their lessons learned from their long and winding road past blog. Personally, raised awarness vocally and constructively but always respected the engineering, hard work, choice and pro active nature even though i didn't choose them for generations.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:01 AM   #33
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Hate is such a strong word to use. I had problems with Nvidia's early too aggressive pr and optimizations in the past and they even admitted to it with their lessons learned from their long and winding road past blog. Personally, raised awarness vocally and constructively but always respected the engineering, hard work, choice and pro active nature even though i didn't choose them for generations.
i don't Hate NV

I never like them trying to shackle me to them with proprietary BS with every new gen
like g sync

and almost every time when their proprietary BS dies the people that bought into their bull get abandoned in the end
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 29, 2020, 06:36 AM   #34
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
i don't Hate NV

I never like them trying to shackle me to them with proprietary BS with every new gen
like g sync

and almost every time when their proprietary BS dies the people that bought into their bull get abandoned in the end
Proprietary may be a double edged sword at times while bringing potentially innovation, feature choice and improved gaming experiences, it also may bring division, fragmentation and chaos as well. If a company desires to risk and spend resources on proprietary, I have no problems, and if the potential awareness proprietary may offer may bring or forge open standards to eventually mature.
Old May 29, 2020, 09:00 PM   #35
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Considering gamers gamed more during the lockdown and prices haven't dropped currently, which may translate into still strong demand for gaming hardware. If the demand remains strong, higher end products may continue to carry a steep premium.
We play more and buy more games sure, but I doubt most of gamers are going to buy new expensive hardware this year... The same goes with new consoles, you can bet that the sales are going to be significantly lower than previous expectations
Old May 29, 2020, 10:01 PM   #36
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
We play more and buy more games sure, but I doubt most of gamers are going to buy new expensive hardware this year... The same goes with new consoles, you can bet that the sales are going to be significantly lower than previous expectations
i will if the AMD card is worth it

not going to support NV and their sky high prices again
at this point i don't need to i can get by with the 2080 ti strix for now
that could change with 2077

the new consoles only if i can use a keyboard and mouse
Old May 30, 2020, 04:37 AM   #37
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Imho,

You would think so, but many technology companies due to the pandemic didn't suffer financially and had solid returns with solid guidance. From an American point-of-view, the amount of money saved by the consumer is up quite a bit so there may be a purchasing boon in the next few quarters on items..

You would think that sales would suffer currently, they have from a retail brick-and-mortar aspect but really was off-set by e-tailers with demand still very strong.
Old May 30, 2020, 06:26 AM   #38
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

I predict the pandemic will have no effect on prices nor demand.

You may call me the oracle.
Old May 31, 2020, 12:59 PM   #39
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I suspect that the number of people with lost income will be balanced by the number of people with nothing else to spend their money on (e.g. no vacations, gym memberships, bars, ...)
Old May 31, 2020, 04:17 PM   #40
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

As long as I'm still working I will be buying one of the new cards. Definitely not a Ti version at $1200 to $1500 though.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2020, 08:39 PM   #41
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
I suspect that the number of people with lost income will be balanced by the number of people with nothing else to spend their money on (e.g. no vacations, gym memberships, bars, ...)
According to Gamer's Nexus's recent video demand for PC parts was way up due to the stimulus checks. It makes me think that the stimulus checks were a bad idea and didn't really address what they were intended to. It seems they pumped demand for non-essentials, while not really doing much to help the areas that were actually impacted.

That being said, that is a one time boost that may not be there again in the future.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 12:06 AM   #42
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
According to Gamer's Nexus's recent video demand for PC parts was way up due to the stimulus checks. It makes me think that the stimulus checks were a bad idea and didn't really address what they were intended to. It seems they pumped demand for non-essentials, while not really doing much to help the areas that were actually impacted.

That being said, that is a one time boost that may not be there again in the future.
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers...dia/rtx2080ti/

seems very few in stock

AMD is the only hope

because NV will jack prices higher with these selling like this if AMD does not steep up
and bitcion is back up to over 10k
Old Jun 2, 2020, 03:59 AM   #43
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:

The stimulus checks and unemployment checks are not being wasted and the percentage savings have jumped by a factor of x10 to around 33 percent. Many are holding back and saving. Edit: this information was offered by the United States Treasury Secretary.

The reason why demand is strong for gaming and gaming hardware is because of the lockdowns, staying home and the off-set to e-tailers, imho.

Last edited by SIrPauly : Jun 2, 2020 at 04:29 AM.
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2020, 10:18 AM   #44
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

PC gaming is a pretty small portion of the economy, so probably doesn't take too many people spending their checks on PC parts to have a big impact.

Checks were distributed to everybody, because it would have taken too long to assess need fairly and only distribute checks to those that need the cash.

Finally, people spending and keeping the economy rolling was part of the point anyway.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 11:40 AM   #45
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

https://www.pcgamer.com/amd-big-navi...-rdna-product/

Big Navi will be AMD's "first RDNA 2 based product" not next-gen consoles

Quote:
Big Navi will beat the next-gen consoles to launch, facing off against Nvidia's enthusiast Ampere cards.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 02:27 PM   #46
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I dont want to hear about this expensive non sense I read today about Big Navi, It better not be 3080 Ti expensive.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 02:50 PM   #47
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I dont want to hear about this expensive non sense I read today about Big Navi, It better not be 3080 Ti expensive.
i expect 800 to 1000 for Big Navi
Old Jun 4, 2020, 02:57 PM   #48
Nascar24

I can probably Stomach $800 but that is really pushing it for me, I paid $679 for my 1080 Ti and that had me clinching!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:01 PM   #49
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I can probably Stomach $800 but that is really pushing it for me, I paid $679 for my 1080 Ti and that had me clinching!
If I were you I'd start getting the lube ready, this is gonna hurt!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:03 PM   #50
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
If it comes down to it, I will be going 3080 at $700 Unless Nvidia raises it to 1K!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:06 PM   #51
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
he heeds a much bigger plug

chances are the 3080 non ti will be 999

we got to pay for Jensen 25k easy bake oven
Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:14 PM   #52
Nascar24

Quote:
he heeds a much bigger plug

chances are the 3080 non ti will be 999

we got to pay for Jensen 25k easy bake oven
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! OUCH!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:28 PM   #53
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! OUCH!
Open up!

yoz
Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:30 PM   #54
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh! OUCH!

all kidding aside if the 3080 non ti is 5% to 10% faster than the 2080 ti that is still selling for the full 1199 and out of stock at most stores

how much are they going to drop the price if AMD does not force them to
Old Jun 4, 2020, 03:36 PM   #55
Nascar24

Quote:
Open up!
Grabbing both cheeks!
Old Jun 4, 2020, 04:57 PM   #56
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Grabbing both cheeks!
I see you know the drill....

yoz
Old Jun 4, 2020, 07:28 PM   #57
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

I don't know but i think the pricing may be more sane than insane this round. Look at the bigger Amd Vega core, Nvidia offered Titan X performance for a msrp of 699. Amd Rdna derivatives, Nvidia quickly addressed performance/value with the Super derivatives. Now, there is Rdna2 derivatives to compete with, but not only Amd, but Intel Xe, but not only Amd and Intel, but next-generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft all fighting for your gaming dollar.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 08:20 PM   #58
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I don't know but i think the pricing may be more sane than insane this round. Look at the bigger Amd Vega core, Nvidia offered Titan X performance for a msrp of 699. Amd Rdna derivatives, Nvidia quickly addressed performance/value with the Super derivatives. Now, there is Rdna2 derivatives to compete with, but not only Amd, but Intel Xe, but not only Amd and Intel, but next-generation consoles from Sony and Microsoft all fighting for your gaming dollar.
Intel Xe?

Old Jun 4, 2020, 09:04 PM   #59
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Maybe it's just me but I see Intel as a huge threat. Intel doesn't need gpu leadership to succeed, just a competent but competitIve, efficient, scalable gpu architecture to slowly leverage out competitors over time. I see them as a serious threat more with mobile, data center than desktop in the near term.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 09:15 PM   #60
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but I see Intel as a huge threat. Intel doesn't need gpu leadership to succeed, just a competent but competitIve, efficient, scalable gpu architecture to slowly leverage out competitors over time. I see them as a serious threat more with mobile, data center than desktop in the near term.
not this year or next

and then they very well may give up again as they have more than once in the past

so they are not going to stop the 3080 ti from being 1499